• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 360/ps4 Franchise Interest Thread: Still not better than 2k5 tho!

I'm guessing you don't know how the read option works. You read the defensive player, and if he waits for the qb, you hand it off. If he crashes on the rb, you keep it and run with the qb. So everytime the defensive player waited on you, you should've been handing it off.

you are correct! i tested it out some more and got a bit better. what i noticed though is (on all madden anyways) the ravens guys (typically suggs on one side and doom on the other) are extremely good at disguising what their intentions are. i basically have a micro second to make the decision.

i dont think its as cheap as last years rendition because the QB has this auto animation if he keeps the ball. i like it!

you are correct! i tested it out some more and got a bit better. what i noticed though is (on all madden anyways) the ravens guys (typically suggs on one side and doom on the other) are extremely good at disguising what their intentions are. i basically have a micro second to make the decision.

i dont think its as cheap as last years rendition because the QB has this auto animation if he keeps the ball. i like it!

Yeah, the read option is super fun when you get the hang of it. You have to make a split second decision, but if you get it right, you can get good yardage.

Birdman02

Yeah, the read option is pretty good once you get the hang of it.

Kick power seemed a little toned down on kickoffs, but the Raven's kicker hit a 54 yd and a 56 yd with plenty of room to spare. Dawson came up short on a 51 yd kick, but I didn't hit it with full power. This was on all-madden fwiw.

eznark

Banned
Spent some more time with the demo. I actually think the game looks noticeably better. Or maybe I'm just misremembering.

Can't wait to hear the fights over read option. Seems like it's basically the focus of the game this year and it also seems broken as fuck when combined with the additional juke moves. A speed QB 1-on-1 vs a defensive lineman in space? lolol

That ballhawk tutorial is gross as hell.

TheCrow

I always found that the DE would quickly shut down the QB whenever I kept the ball instead of handing it off. But I've yet to try the demo to see if its any different.

eznark

Banned
I always found that the DE would quickly shut down the QB whenever I kept the ball instead of handing it off. But I've yet to try the demo to see if its any different.

I was untouched like 80% of the time when I ran it as Russell Wilson BUT that was on normal or whatever.

I'm going to be generous and let somebody else have the Jaguars this year, who wants to trade teams?

You aren't stuck with the jags. Who is your real life team? You can play for them or if they don't have a vet fan you can have them. For instance, you could have the ravens if you wanted (don't think any vets are ravens fans....unless fifty comes out of retirement!)

rinse82

You aren't stuck with the jags. Who is your real life team? You can play for them or if they don't have a vet fan you can have them. For instance, you could have the ravens if you wanted (don't think any vets are ravens fans....unless fifty comes out of retirement!)

I'm a Bills fan but LJ will crush me.

Yeah, I'll see what teams are up for grabs when we get this going.

Ferny

Well, it happened folks. My 360 does not want to turn on anymore. Was getting on to try this new Brothers game everyone is hyping up and while downloading, it just powered down. It's not the three light things but it just doesn't want to boot back up into anything. I think it's outside of any warranty thing too cause it's an elite unit. Guess i'll give Microsoft a call tomorrow.

Is it too late to join in on this? I'm already grabbing the 360 version and would love to join an online franchise instead of always playing random people in ranked matches.

I'm buying a PS4 at launch but unsure whether or not I'll get it on that platform due to the fact I haven't seen or heard anything about that version besides it being a bit prettier.

Is it too late to join in on this? I'm already grabbing the 360 version and would love to join an online franchise instead of always playing random people in ranked matches.

I'm buying a PS4 at launch but unsure whether or not I'll get it on that platform due to the fact I haven't seen or heard anything about that version besides it being a bit prettier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2c6qblEwnQ

i'll put you on the list brotha! i don't know what the final 32 will be but this is a sim league, vance time is 72 hours maximum so it is a time investment!

Smokey

Madden 25" Wide Receiver Ratings

Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions is the highest rated wide receiver in "Madden 25" with a 99 rating. Andrew Johnson of the Houston Texans is ranked second with 97. Brandon Marshall of the Chicago Bears with tied with Johnson. A.J. Green of the Cincinnati Bengals is fourth with 94. Roddy White of the Atlanta Falcons and Wes Welker of the Denver Broncos are both fifth with 93. What, no Victor Cruz or Demaryius Thomas?

da fuck

Smokey

1600 yards second only to megatron in 2012. ANDRE deserves dat 97. dont let his shit qb who won't throw further than 20 yards make you think he's slow

crabcakes is better than all of them. at least he performs in the playoffs unlike regular season garbage time stat padders (calvin johnson) and playoff houdini acts (andre johnson)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I feel like this madden isnt gonna be an actual great game on the field (again). But im hoping there are enough improvements to connected careers to keep the fun factor high.

Im moving the Eagles to Los Angeles!

Smokey

crabcakes is better than all of them. at least he performs in the playoffs unlike regular season garbage time stat padders (calvin johnson) and playoff houdini acts (andre johnson)

fuck outta here

last i checked andre didn't play defense or qb. although he should maybe consider the latter

Smokey

andre johnson playoff stats from last year = 12 catches, 157 yards, 0 TD
michael crabtree = 20 catches, 285 yards, 3 TD

i arrest my case

iknorite

it wouldnt have anything to do with kapernick being 10x the QB of one matt schaub or the 49ers playing longer than the texans

step your troll game up!

iknorite

it wouldnt have anything to do with kapernick being 10x the QB of one matt schaub

i base my QB ratings on their salary. so shoob was actually 44 times the QB that kap was last year.

this is actually a true stat. shoob pocketed $22 mil last year from the texans and kap made $500k. we are going to get raped in contract negotiations with him

Top Bottom