• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 360/ps4 Franchise Interest Thread: Still not better than 2k5 tho!

EA Sports has confirmed the long rumored date of Tuesday, August 13 for the Madden NFL 25 demo and released details on what will be included. The demo will feature two matchups with the Seahawks at Packers and 49ers at Ravens. It will also include an opportunity to learn and refine abilities in the new Skills Trainer which proved effective in NCAA Football 14.

As far as quarter length or other options those have not been specified. Madden NFL 13′s demo also featured two pairings and impressively full games with five minute quarters. It however did not carry with it an extra mode like the Skills Trainer.
[UPDATE] Confirmed to be full games with five minute quarters.
Expect the rosters to be outdated enough that injuries to Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Brian Bulaga, and Dennis Pitta won’t be reflected. They will probably be in the starting lineups.

back to back years with the niners in the madden demo! god bless you harbs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Svdzmjljrug#at=78

also new video of a full game 49ers vs. packers.

NO TATTOOS FOR KAP FUCKING BULLSHIT EA! at least give him a dolphins hat on the sidelines

somethings i noticed from the vid:

1. EA successfully recreated the sorry ass packers D as kap had an easy 50 yard run
2. eddie lacy seems to be a beast O_O
3. erron seems about as fast as kap running the option!
4. kap hurt :( maybe this bodes well for more QB injuries this year!
5. looks like punt returning on D still defeaults to punt block. i know this isn't a big issue but sometimes i'd push A too quickly and it would automatically default, then i'd get a crappy return
6. patrick willis runs down HOF about 50 yards down field after not even being on the screen at the time of the catch. i love you pwill!
7. hard to tell if man D is still as effective because the two guys playing call a lot of zone
8. not sure if these guys are using ball hawk or if it isn't as effective because there were some passes that should've been at least knocked down
9. not sure if touch passing is working better because again these guys are playing a lot of zone and getting carved up
10. packers guy is dirty. runs no huddle most of the time and just immediately scrambles out to one side
11. can't really see the RB stamina meter but neither team is running it much (aside from their QB's!)
12. KR's seem a little slanted for the return team because of the improved blocking. cobb has basically a big return every time
13. minimal qb pressures by either team. on an erron TD run it looks like mcdonald (CPU controlled) has an easy sack but kind of runs right past him
14. commentary is 80% identical to last year and still horrible but at least simms/nantz don't call out your defensive adjustments (that i heard anyways)

Damn, I would love to get in on the Xbox One league; will be crickets apparently.

2 down, 30 to go!

i'll have an xbone but i don't think i'd play in the league unless we have close to a full league. i just don't see that happening this year and probably not next year. then by that time the true king, NFL 2k football, will be back and we can all enjoy glorious leagues the 2k way!

Damn I finally placed my order for the game and if I had DTV I'd jump on that NFL ticket version for $100.

if you had DTV it would be a worthless deal. it is for new customers only.... but new customers get sunday ticket free anyways. still a good deal for streaming on your laptop/cell if you aren't a DTV customer!

new news! hot routes/audibles are changing?

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...-fb-social-na-eas-fb-madden25-formation-audib

NEW AUDIBLE SYSTEM

Gone are the days of the five preset audibles available before jumping into a game. Now each formation has four formation set audibles that allow you to scroll through your on-field personnel. These new audibles can be customized through the in-game playbook menu or when creating a custom playbook.

is this new? could've sworn it was in before but maybe not

Also new to Madden NFL 25’s audible system is the ability to change formations at the line of scrimmage. However, you can only change to another formation with the same personnel grouping. When changing to a new formation, you now have access to four new set audibles. Bring up the audible screen by pressing X on Xbox 360 and Square on PS3, then cycle through the available formations with the left stick (LS). To select a new play and formation, simply press the corresponding button for the new play that is displayed by name in the menu.

this kind of sounds like it could be a good thing. does this mean you can no longer run hurry up and audible from say a 5 WR set to a "2 TE" set (where in this instance the 2 TE's are actually WR's)?

New hot routes in Madden NFL 25 are accessible by choosing different positions to send on a new route. These new routes are based on formation and positions. For example, the outside receiver can now run a comeback route, smoke screen, or no pass block.

Here is the full list of new hot routes in Madden NFL 25:

Outside WR
Smoke Screen
Comeback
No Pass Block

Slot WR
Hitch
Flat
No Pass Block

TE
Flat
Pass Block

HB/FB
Option
Wheel
Swing Right/Left
Block and Release

smokey lovin' the wheel route hot route!

Unfortunately, no details on defensive hot routes changing or upgrading :(

i will have it on 360 whenever the digital version is available (i have lots of 66% off MSP saved up) so i'd be down for joining, no idea how soon they'll be on adding it though (i do feel like it'll be closer to release than they have been in the past due, hopefully)

full playbooks up for each team!

http://www.maddentips.com/madden-nfl-25-playbooks-all-32-teams-every-play/

Screen-Shot-2013-08-06-at-6.39.21-PM-300x199.png

nod-of-approval.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2. Philadelphia Eagles
Chip Kelly is here with a brand new Shotgun Spread Offensive scheme for Madden NFL 25 with plenty of great running formations and plays. This book has the best types of options all over the playbook especially with threats LeSean McCoy and Michael Vick!

The offensive playbook hasnt changed for the Eagles at all for about 8 years. This is gonna be great.

2. Philadelphia Eagles
Chip Kelly is here with a brand new Shotgun Spread Offensive scheme for Madden NFL 25 with plenty of great running formations and plays. This book has the best types of options all over the playbook especially with threats LeSean McCoy and Michael Vick!

The offensive playbook hasnt changed for the Eagles at all for about 8 years. This is gonna be great.

you better start your boy barkley!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I wish Chip had the nuts to start him in preseason game 3 to give him some run with the 1's.

TheCrow

Crow:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z261/TheAceRock/RandyMarshJizz.jpg[/MG]

I have a bad feeling a lot of these new books are going to be broken and hard as shit to defend.[/QUOTE]

At least they added the ability to tell your DE who to defend.

Colasante

Holy hell, I just dragged a defender clinging to my heel across the line for a first down with Marshawn Lynch. Best Madden Ever.

daw840

Alright, so I think I've decided that I'm gonna skip out on this season of Madden. I don't really have time for video games any more and with GTA V coming out in early september, I know I'm not gonna want to really play the shit out of Madden as it deserves. Also, it seems like everyone is on the PS4 train and I won't be getting a PS4.

It's been real fun these past few years, and if next year everyone realizes that the PS4 sucks and comes to the XBONE for the league, then I'll be back in. Maybe I'll see some of you guys in GTA.

Alright, so I think I've decided that I'm gonna skip out on this season of Madden. I don't really have time for video games any more and with GTA V coming out in early september, I know I'm not gonna want to really play the shit out of Madden as it deserves. Also, it seems like everyone is on the PS4 train and I won't be getting a PS4.

It's been real fun these past few years, and if next year everyone realizes that the PS4 sucks and comes to the XBONE for the league, then I'll be back in. Maybe I'll see some of you guys in GTA.

Hah what?

Lulz

But sorry to see you go bruh :(

I await your inevitable post in a couple months when you want back in the permanent 360 league!

LukeSmith

The GTA-is-the-only-game I need excuse

daw840

It's really not. It's a game I really want to play in my extremely limited amount of time to actually play games. Also my schedule with this job is Dan. Near impossible to schedule times to play with folks, as evidenced by last year. :(

played a real quick game before dinner and here is what i noticed:

1. all madden CPU is cheaper than ever
2. i went down 21-0 and then i had back to back defensive "stands" where patrick willis forced a fumble and reid recovered
3. after those 2 drives, navarro bowman caused a fumble on the next one
4. read option is weird.... and worthless each of the 8 times i tried it. you get up to the line and there is a diamond gold star thing over a defensive player. i'm assuming thats who you "watch" for to determine if you give the ball to the RB. well.... he would just stand there and wait for Kap every time. he was never blocked and never deviated from keeping on kap at all times. it was dumerville each time so maybe he has high awareness or something but there was never a positive play for me running that
5. graphics look better than last year. much sharper but i was playing on ps3. maybe im more used to the "softer/smoother" look of the 360 version or maybe the graphics have improved
6. run blocking is MUCH improved. still too early to say, 1 game doesn't mean shit, but there was a lot of good run blocking. and actually pass blocking wasn't too shabby either although the ravens get get CB's in on me a few times
7. there seems to now be a delay on when you can audible. last year, as soon as you got to the "gameplay" screen on the field you could start audibling on offense and defense. doesn't look like that anymore. you actually have to wait for your guys to get up to the line or your defense to get set to call out hot routes/audibles
8. aj jenkins is trash just like in real life
9. they did a really nice job in the pistol formation (for the niners playbook anyways). i don't think i will use the read option much but there are a lot of good runs and PA passes out of these formations
10. one extremely annoying thing is that I DID NOT PICK ASK MADDEN and yet everytime i get back to the playcall screen it is on a random formation screen that was not the last one i picked. this is a minor issue i know but what the fuck why do this?
11. kick power seems extremely low in the demo. neither kicker got it inside the endzone, with most of the kickoffs only getting to about the 5 or 10 yard line
12. i saw some new animations, mainly with the RB's, that looked good
13. no replays available so i couldn't see how badly my D fucked up or any stupid logic they took in coverage but flacco obliterated me against man coverage
14. rolando mcclain is still on the ravens and got a deep pick where VD was open. BS!
15. ball hawk seems to be toned down quite a bit. maybe it was my imagination but i had a couple plays where flacco threw an out and i switched to the nearest guy to undercut the pass for an easy pick (which i did all the time last year), and my guy just didn't get the pick or try for it. maybe he was too far away in both instances i don't know

can't think of anything else i saw right now but you all have access to 360/ps3 so go play it!

Zep

Banned
Game plays very good. Passing windows are a lot more realistic than last years shit show and Russell Wilson is a cheap fuck. Would have finished my game but the whole team disappeared and I couldn't see shit on either side of the ball. Might have to re-think my decision on waiting for the PS4 version.

Game plays very good. Passing windows are a lot more realistic than last years shit show and Russell Wilson is a cheap fuck. Would have finished my game but the whole team disappeared and I couldn't see shit on either side of the ball. Might have to re-think my decision on waiting for the PS4 version.

daw dropped so there is probably guaranteed room without playing for it! we will have to see though. let me know brotha

McNei1y

I played one game as well using the Seahawks. I won 22-21 (hell yeah I went for two on the last scoring drive) My thoughts:

1. Run game is SOOO much better. There are actually legit gaps now and you can manage to run through them. I only ran the ball 7 times with Lynch for 38 yards but damn it felt good.
2. I ran the option three times. The first time I did it, I did the triple option play out of the pistol formation and got a 38 yard TD (the other RB ran received the pitch). The other two times I got stopped in the backfield.
3. Ballhawk does seem to be toned down (1 game small sample size). Three times the receivers batted the ball down instead of catching it... or it looked that way. The last time, I picked the ball off but landed out of bounds (a hail mary pass to get into scoring range).
4. Ask Madden DOES pop up randomly. I selected a few plays without even realizing it.
5. Kick Power isn't too bad as FMT had said. Crosby kicked two kickoffs into the endzone.
6. I struggled a bit with defense in this game. It seems that receivers make much better cuts or else the Seahawks secondary is butt because they got beat on a few post plays.
7. Tackling is much harder in this game. Hit sticking doesn't work like the old games.
8. It's hard to shed blocks.

played another game on all pro and again i say it seems ballhawk has been toned down. i did get one pick on a duck with eric reid but there were a few other times i tried to use it and it doesn't seem like you following the ball with homing like accuracy. also had a jump ball in the endzone with nnamdi and i lost to some guy on the ravens named doss :(

i had a little bit more success with the option but like 20% success rate. i tried the madden tutorials and i have no idea what dictates a pass or fail. for instance, in the passing drills, i complete the pass on time but it says fail. in the ball hawk drill the other QB won't snap the ball so i have no idea what that is about

Mrbob

So sweet that you can get NFL Sunday ticket on PC and mobile without a directTV subscription with the Madden 25 special edition at Amazon. Ordered my copy tonight. Free Madden with NFL Sunday ticket, very nice.

Speaking of potentially very nice, I hope the Oct 21 rumored release date for PS4 is true. This means a PS4 league has a better chance of happening with an earlier than expected console release.

So sweet that you can get NFL Sunday ticket on PC and mobile without a directTV subscription with the Madden 25 special edition at Amazon. Ordered my copy tonight. Free Madden with NFL Sunday ticket, very nice.

Speaking of potentially very nice, I hope the Oct 21 rumored release date for PS4 is true. This means a PS4 league has a better chance of happening with an earlier than expected console release.

but wouldn't madden next gen still release in november or has EA said it will be available at launch?

also back to madden, i wish there were replays in the demo because ive seen some brutal down field pancake blocks lol

Wait the Niners have Nnamdi now? lol wtf

he's all mine now! assuming he makes the team... and assuming i am the niners!

i dl it on 360 to try it out. i honestly think the ps3 version looks better but i MUCH prefer the 360 pad to the dual shock for madden so whatever. i am also not imagining things: ballhawk has been majorly gimped. i purposely tried to bait flacco into throwing to pitta by coming up in coverage and letting him get behind me, then holding Y while the ball was in the air to undercut for the INT. it didn't work once. even when i was maybe 5 yards away my guy would not go up for the ball and it was completed. the only time i've seen ballhawk work is literally on a jump ball or a duck where you just run under the ball and its picked. we'll see in the final game but so far so good.

also i like the new INT animations!

4. read option is weird.... and worthless each of the 8 times i tried it. you get up to the line and there is a diamond gold star thing over a defensive player. i'm assuming thats who you "watch" for to determine if you give the ball to the RB. well.... he would just stand there and wait for Kap every time. he was never blocked and never deviated from keeping on kap at all times. it was dumerville each time so maybe he has high awareness or something but there was never a positive play for me running that

I'm guessing you don't know how the read option works. You read the defensive player, and if he waits for the qb, you hand it off. If he crashes on the rb, you keep it and run with the qb. So everytime the defensive player waited on you, you should've been handing it off.

Edwardo

I don't know if anyone else is looking into buying on the 360 and then the xbox one, but gamestop is doing a deal that you can trade in the 360 version for a $50.00 trade in credit. It says only for the xbox one, but I wonder if they consider it trade in credit that it might work for the ps4 version too.

http://www.gamestop.com/nextgenoffer

Top Bottom