• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
There are only a couple QB's that I'd really like but I know AZ ain't trading Russell and the trade for his rookie QB wouldn't go through.

FMT isn't going to deal Kaep. Neily isn't going to deal RG3.

So eh, fuckit. I'll limp along through the rest of the season.

I thought I was getting an offensive lineman that was better than jonathan martin but my scouting report lied to me. he's fucking horrible

I thought I was getting an offensive lineman that was better than jonathan martin but my scouting report lied to me. he's fucking horrible

i have an extra tackle with the titans that i'd be willing to move but the problem is im not sure if i could complete the trade since i'm -11 mil with the titans. i just played a home game so we'll see what it looks like after this week!

My game with Splat went exactly how I predicted. Tried to force too many throws I knew wasn't there, wasn't patient, etc etc Was still feeling pretty sour from the chokejob

I guess I'm going to have to pick it up real quick

Splat

My game with Splat went exactly how I predicted. Tried to force too many throws I knew wasn't there, wasn't patient, etc etc Was still feeling pretty sour from the chokejob

I guess I'm going to have to pick it up real quick

Most of my points through 3 quarters were off turnovers/big plays. Markar only threw 6 times all game! You also somehow fell in the rain and got me called for a DPI :-|

soka i set smokey to AP.

at first i was annoyed with smokey that i had to get on to AP him. but upon starting up my system i realized that dynasty warriors was still in the system. so actually i would like to thank smokey for reminding me to remove that piece of garbage from the ps4 and send it back to gamefly post haste. i'm not even sure why i added it to my que in gamefly but i figured i had not played dynasty warriors in 6 or 7 years so i'd give it a shot. it's complete garbage. who finds this shit fun?

Smokey

soka i set smokey to AP.

at first i was annoyed with smokey that i had to get on to AP him. but upon starting up my system i realized that dynasty warriors was still in the system. so actually i would like to thank smokey for reminding me to remove that piece of garbage from the ps4 and send it back to gamefly post haste. i'm not even sure why i added it to my que in gamefly but i figured i had not played dynasty warriors in 6 or 7 years so i'd give it a shot. it's complete garbage. who finds this shit fun?

You're welcome friend!

soka i set smokey to AP.

Bob and I like similar games at times but then there's trash like dynasty warriors that makes me question my life decisions

by the way, preorder from amazon and get free controller skins

https://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow/photos_stream

..........the marlins ones look like trash :(

I guess I could get behind this one

10300035_780220401991220_331324241174216211_n.png

Somnia

WOW at Game of Thrones tonight...

Official spoilers on the show for the book readers, was bound to happen eventually lol

Corsick

I was wondering how the franchise simulation/stat logic was in Madden 25. I've been away from the game for about 3 years and I was looking to buy a copy now that the price is way down and was curious how season stats played out and how realistic scores/yards per game etc were for individual players and teams. Having RBs with 2300 yards or QBs with 98 accuracy routinely throwing for 62% completion rates in today's NFL always felt terrible in Madden 12, for example. Do the new rookie classes they created feel well differentiated in terms of skill set/size/weight etc. Or do you have some crazy things like 5'5 FBs that weight 280 and have 90 speed?

Also, did they rework how progression works? I was tired of seeing players with mediocre potential put up great stats and not have OVR ratings improve much at all. It felt silly, potential is there to measure how high one's ceiling is. If a player manages to surpass that potential rating, they should be rewarded appropriately with a higher OVR rating. Are you still able to look at certain players in certain draft classes and always know they'll be great? That aspect took the fun out of it after a while for me, but wasn't a deal breaker. Also, do CPU vs CPU games play out relatively realistically? I always remember having to set it to 8-10 minute quarters or else scoring and stats could get really wonky.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I was wondering how the franchise simulation/stat logic was in Madden 25. I've been away from the game for about 3 years and I was looking to buy a copy now that the price is way down and was curious how season stats played out and how realistic scores/yards per game etc were for individual players and teams. Having RBs with 2300 yards or QBs with 98 accuracy routinely throwing for 62% completion rates in today's NFL always felt terrible in Madden 12, for example. Do the new rookie classes they created feel well differentiated in terms of skill set/size/weight etc. Or do you have some crazy things like 5'5 FBs that weight 280 and have 90 speed?

Also, did they rework how progression works? I was tired of seeing players with mediocre potential put up great stats and now have OVR ratings improve much at all. It felt silly, potential is there to measure how high one's ceiling is. If a player manages to surpass that potential rating, they should be rewarded appropriately with a higher OVR rating. Are you still able to look at certain players in certain draft classes and always know they'll be great? That aspect took the fun out of it after a while for me, but wasn't a deal breaker. Also, do CPU vs CPU games play out relatively realistically? I always remember having to set it to 8-10 minute quarters or else scoring and stats could get really wonky.
Scoring and stats are wonky with Simmed games in that they are more true to life but unrealistic to the rest of your actual madden games.

They removed that arbitrary progression system and implemented an XP system. It was decent last year but they changed it this year and it's a less expensive to create a bunch of average players. The other issue is that players aren't rewarded as much for exemplary play. It keeps the great players on a separate tier, which is good. I haven't had a high draft pick so I don't know how they compare to top players.

I feel the created rookies are pretty decent and blend well into the rest of the league. Those notable players from each draft had story lines in last years game and that would determine some stats, positions, and attributes. Last years version helped with scouting thanks to that double scouting points coaching skill. What really sucks is that most of the players are the same in each particular draft across the board. It wouldn't shock me if someone would set up a dummy league or an offline franchise and got it to our draft and just took down everyone's attributes.

This season is pretty much stuff from "A Storm of Swords" which is the third book.

I know what book it's on. I'm reading dance with dragons and I wanted to know if it was spoiling that book. But I guess according to AT, it spoils something that's not even in any of the books yet.

Week 4

Next vance: Wednesday @ 9 pm pst

Games:

Jets (CPU) @ Pats (Oatmeal)
Saints (CPU) @ Lions
Cards (Sickboy) @ Packers (Eznark)
Panthers (Rors) @ Bears (Bob)
Titans (FMT) @ Vikings (Cola)
Colts (Jabee) @ Texans (Smokey)
Redskins (Mcneily) @ Bengals (Splat)
Ravens (FriedConsole) @ Broncos (Drizz)
Dolphins (Pheeniks) @ Bills (Rinse)