• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Kevin Hart resembling anything close to funny is the greatest lie ever told.

He's been one of the biggest box office draws of the past 2 or 3 years. I admit to not being a fan of his, and being annoyed by his constant appearances during sports broadcasts but whoever his agent is seems to be making it work.

Think Like a Man Too: Box office #1, made $68mm on a $24mm budget.
About Last Night: Box office #2, made $49mm on a $13mm budget.
Ride Along: Box office #1 made $125mm on a $25mm budget.

Kevin Hart makes bank.

BigAT

He's become a caricature of himself. His earlier stuff was great. But maybe because it felt fresh then.

Did you create a GAF account so that two years later you could search through obscure community threads to see if anyone was talking about Kevin Hart's career so that you could be there to weigh in with your analysis?

eznark

Banned
Not a fan.

Yeah that was dumb. Number one he shit on his own joke. "An octopus, really" yeah that is was every human watching your standup should be thinking you retarded Lilliputian. Number two if he can read as he claims maybe he would've known he had accidentally taken an adult sized jacket to the target counter instead of the kids small.

eznark

Banned
Oh that's the guy in that commercial.

After watching that I really wish I didn't have to buy madden this year.

Should I know who Dave Franco is too? What grabage. Of course gaf is in love with it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh that's the guy in that commercial.

After watching that I really wish I didn't have to buy madden this year.

Should I know who Dave Franco is too? What grabage. Of course gaf is in love with it.

James Franco's brother. Thats all i know about him

CB3

Smokey playing the race card.

Most of my favorite comedians of all time are black. Kevin Hart is as shitty as any white or asian or hispanic comic.

Smokey

Smokey playing the race card.

Most of my favorite comedians of all time are black. Kevin Hart is as shitty as any white or asian or hispanic comic.

More like it's annoying as fuck when a different ethnicity or race tries to comment on something they have no clue about, and act like they are the authority figure on the subject without saying why something is terrible besides 'I'm white and dont like it'.

CB3

Are you saying Kevin Hart is only for black people? Because i know quite a few people of other races that love him. You just pulled the race card for no reason. His "subject" is comedy and id like to think that can be commented on without it being turned into an issue for no reason like you're trying to do now.

brentech

Nah it's more like it's annoying as fuck when a different ethnicity or race tries to comment on something that have no clue about, and act like they are the authority figure on the subject without saying why something is terrible besides 'I'm white and dont like it'.
That's one ignorant ass comment if I've ever seen one.

A predominantly white community doesn't understand why people like Kevin Hart or why he keeps making money

News at 11

i don't understand people liking kevin hart the sameway i don't understand people liking kevin james. maybe it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the name kevin

CB3

i don't understand people liking kevin hart the sameway i don't understand people liking kevin james. maybe it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the name kevin

I hate Dane Cook AND Carlos Mencia. Ive been racist against my own races this whole time!

Smokey

Are you saying Kevin Hart is only for black people? Because i know quite a few people of other races that love him. You just pulled the race card for no reason. His "subject" is comedy and id like to think that can be commented on without it being turned into an issue for no reason like you're trying to do now.

No I didn't say he was only for black people don't play dumb.

But it's like me watching some white comedian saying shit I cant relate to and then turning around and saying "well...that guys sucks ass".

Certain comedies or movies come out that are clearly targeted to white people. Do I go and watch it? No because I would most likely find it unappealing or not funny. That doesn't mean its terrible and I wouldn't go around telling people they are terrible for liking what they like.

Eznark literally broke down dudes skit. Why. Nobody is critically thinking about that shit when watching him. Part of the act is the dumb shit that is being talked about...it's not some philosophical deep 1.5 hr act of comedy.

BigAT

Legit question, are they ever going to release a new album?

I don't know, I'm not even really a fan. They were playing at a festival I was at and I was hoping to use seeing such a hard-ass ghetto crew to earn myself some extra street cred.

eznark

Banned
First you said you were mad because people didnt five reasons for disliking him then you say you are mad because I did explain why I thought that clip stunk.

Ferny

I don't know, I'm not even really a fan. They were playing at a festival I was at and I was hoping to use seeing such a hard-ass ghetto crew to earn myself some extra street cred.

and you went to see Outkast instead...

(I know it was your joke)

CB3

No I didn't say he was only for black people don't play dumb.

But it's like me watching some white comedian saying shit I cant relate to and then turning around and saying "well...that guys sucks ass".

Certain comedies or movies come out that are clearly targeted to white people. Do I go and watch it? No because I would most likely find it unappealing or not funny. That doesn't mean its terrible and I wouldn't go around telling people they are terrible for liking what they like.

Eznark literally broke down dudes skit. Why. Nobody is critically thinking about that shit when watching him. Part of the act is the dumb shit that is being talked about...it's not some philosophical deep 1.5 hr act of comedy.

Except I dont think Kevin Hart is aimed at black people any more than any other comic is aimed at his or her specific race. You're the one that felt the need to comment on the color or his skin.

It would be like me telling you your opinions on basketball on invalid because you are 4'11. The subject isnt targeted at you!

Sanjuro

Kevin Hart isn't nearly as offensive for me to give a strong opinion on him, and he seems likable enough.

I mean, my favorite current act is probably Louie CK. His standup normally revolves around descriptions of him cumming on his chest.

Ferny

Except I dont think Kevin Hart is aimed at black people any more than any other comic is aimed at his or her specific race. You're the one that felt the need to comment on the color or his skin.

It would be like me telling you your opinions on basketball on invalid because you are 4'11. The subject isnt targeted at you!

and yet Nate Robinson won a dunk contest so your statement is invalid.

I got your back, Smokey!

eznark

Banned
I went to a Spice 1 concert. I am blacker than all of you.

I actually think too short was there too. He got kicked out of the bar later that night for wearing a jersey. It was kind of amazing.

McNei1y

What festival where you at AT? I saw Outkast at Firefly this year. They were fantastic.

You know what I need in life... A buddy cop movie with Arnold and Jackie Chan.

My only problem with Kevin Hart is how inescapable he was for most of this year if you were a sports fan. I don't have any opinion on his movies or stand up. I was intrigued after how many commercials and movies he was in if anyone liked him, and based on the numbers he's pretty successful. He doesn't seem to have any negative reputation aside from being in a lot of stuff, which I mean, I can't really fault him for that. Showbiz is flakey, get yours Kevin Hart.

Top Bottom