• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaddenGAF's Fantasy Football Thread Season 2 | Now With 10% MORE DotA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire's top point scorer against me this week in the money league was his kicker. By 5 points.

So well done.

brentech

My teams scored shit this week. If I beat Ferny in the auction league, its only because one of his players was out.

My league with brothers/friends, I got blown the fuck out. Both leagues, I left points on the bench. Many points.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm basically hoping Martellus Bennett comes down with the flu (or whatever keeps him under 4 points)

San Fran Defense and Kicker killed me, and I only lead because Pey Pey went off late, after doing nothing for 3 quarters.

Ferny

I'm basically hoping Martellus Bennett comes down with the flu (or whatever keeps him under 4 points)

San Fran Defense and Kicker killed me, and I only lead because Pey Pey went off late, after doing nothing for 3 quarters.

Sorry Lone

Lonestar

yeah, 9 points inside the 1st half, not much to do.

Hate to have a nice scoring week and still lose. Also hate Philly, because come on, NOW you throw to Jordan Mathews???

Lonestar

Nick Foles sucks and I can't believe I dropped Asiata.

I assume you mean the auction league, but the other one, I picked up Asiata and Miami's defense. Nice 45 point boost :D

Thank Jeebus EliteFlac proved his Eliteness this weekend while PeyPey was on bye.

Nope, I checked, you dropped him on the league I'm in. Thanks!

You also left McKinnon on the bench (cause hey, who saw the explosive VikeBike running attack coming)

Fuck Foles and his punk ass former teammate Desean Jackson. Fuck AP for beating his son at the most inopportune time. Who ever is Failboat, what do you want for Romo?

eznark

Banned
FanDuel is the best. Won my head to head by 50 points, made $18.

Currently I am in 4th in a 100 player pool. If I don't drop I'll win $100. The person closest to me is 25 points away. So it's doable but I feel ok about staying in the above $50 in winnings unless the game is like 100 to 95.

Fuck season long fantasy leagues.

Ferny

FanDuel is the best. Won my head to head by 50 points, made $18.

Currently I am in 4th in a 100 player pool. If I don't drop I'll win $100. The person closest to me is 25 points away. So it's doable but I feel ok about staying in the above $50 in winnings unless the game is like 100 to 95.

Fuck season long fantasy leagues.

Have you tried DraftKings at all? I'm trying to decide if I want to do FD or DraftKings. I guess I could try both, but would rather stick to one.

eznark

Banned
No, I did DraftStreet all summer because they do a really good job with baseball but then DraftKings bought them and the interface is shit and they try to hide useful information (so many buried stats).

FanDuel isn't a ton better (draftstreet was easily the best) but it is better.

Ferny

No, I did DraftStreet all summer because they do a really good job with baseball but then DraftKings bought them and the interface is shit and they try to hide useful information (so many buried stats).

FanDuel isn't a ton better (draftstreet was easily the best) but it is better.

Joined up. Started up for the tournament this week. Gonna try and do a couple 50/50s as well.

Joined 3 1$ tournaments so let's see how it goes.

Lonestar

My luck in this league is fucking terrible, 0-4. Funny, I'm 4-0 and dominating in my other league.

pffft, I'm barely holding onto a 122-120 lead with almost the entire 2nd half to go (and starting off with a 20 point lead).

Gonna end up with the 2nd week in a row with a 100 point effort in a loss.

Lonestar

I think my opponent is Livewire. Does he still post here, or did he get permadeath ages ago?

Kelce FTW!

eznark

Banned
Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller and DeMarco basically did it for me. I usually only do head to heads but I felt really, really god about the Steelers (I also had Ben and Wheaton) and Murray so I entered the bigger tournament as well. I was only 4 points away from $250.

eznark

Banned
When I think back to the draft and how much someone spent on McCoy, I feel really bad for them.

Don't, I've made over $300 on fanduel already and don't even look at these leagues anymore!

9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

brentech

Wow. Moreno was put in IR due to a knee injury Sunday. I've now lost every single RB that I started the season with, except 1. Shit's crazy.

brentech

Another running back lost for me. I only have one of my 6 backs from the start of the season. Peterson and Moreno the biggest and longest losses.

Lonestar

Haven't looked too deep into the ongoings of this weeks games, but man, did everyone have well below average points? Currently in a 42-52 week, with a handful of players left on our respective teams.

Haven't looked too deep into the ongoings of this weeks games, but man, did everyone have well below average points? Currently in a 42-52 week, with a handful of players left on our respective teams.

in which league?

in the auction draft my score is really low. the other one is fine

Lonestar

yep

Everyone struggled, except him. 7 points out of the RB and TE position. 12 if you add the kicker.

eznark

Banned
I've been relying heavily on advancedfootballanalytics. They do a great job of breaking down offenses and defenses by situation and impact.

The bizarre thing is that is has resulted in me being heavy on Baltimore and Pittsburgh like every week. And I keep winning. If Bell hadn't been essentially shut down in the second half I could've had a monster day. I ended with 122 points only 10 away from winning a 250 person tournament and 5 away from finishing top 10 in a 1,000 person tournament.

Davante Adams has been one of my secret weapons the last two weeks! Such bargain, much touchdown.

eznark

Banned
I don't look at that stuff until after. I like to do my own research and analysis. Part of the fun. Plus I have a friend who does the same thing and I am consistently outearning him.

I think the per play impact analysis that AFS does is essentially perfect for this type of FF and not a ton of people use it, so I have a leg up! Information inefficiency!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom