• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaddenGAF's Fantasy Football Thread Season 3 | Move over Dota, it's Monopoly time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

The third annual MaddenGAF Fantasy Football League (maybe leagues) is here!

monopoly-logo.jpg

Last year's Auction League was successful so we're running that back and if there is enough interest in also doing a redraft league, we can create that one as well.

Here below is everyone who indicated to me that they would be interested in the Auction league, so if you're on the list, just confirm once again and I'll send you the info for the buy-in.

If you are interested in joining a redraft league as well, post in here and I'll mark you down.

Auction League - Has a Buy-IN
  1. Ferny
  2. Eznark (IN)
  3. Splat (IN)
  4. Pheenix (IN)
  5. FMT (Last Years Chump) (Interested)
  6. Brent (Last Years Champ) (IN)
  7. Az (IN)
  8. DM (Interested)
  9. Crimson (Interested)
  10. BigBoss (IN)
  11. Bob (Interested)
  12. Slacker (Interested)

Slacker

Just to be clear - is this normal fantasy football? Not playing Madden, right? :) If so throw me on the auction list.

You put that monopoly man on the board? Great, Eznark's bound to win this. Shit is rigged for him anytime that fucker makes an appearance!

Ferny

Just to be clear - is this normal fantasy football? Not playing Madden, right? :) If so throw me on the auction list.

Yeah it's normal fantasy football. I'm almost sure the auction list is gonna be full, but I'll throw you on the waitlist in case one of these chumps backs out.

Slacker

Yeah it's normal fantasy football. I'm almost sure the auction list is gonna be full, but I'll throw you on the waitlist in case one of these chumps backs out.

Sounds good. Maybe if we can get twelve of us on the list we can form a plebs league.

Somnia

Go ahead and let someone else take my spot this year for the buy in fantasy, if we do a free one I'll join so please keep me in mind there.

Got invited to a $80 and $100 league's at work and don't know if I want to float 3 buy in leagues at once.

edit: Or is this the free one? So confused.

Ferny

Go ahead and let someone else take my spot this year for the buy in fantasy, if we do a free one I'll join so please keep me in mind there.

Got invited to a $80 and $100 league's at work and don't know if I want to float 3 buy in leagues at once.

edit: Or is this the free one? So confused.

There isn't an Auction league free one. The redraft one is free. I'll replace you on the list.

You're in Bowser!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Was I in this league last year, or some other league featuring lots of old MaddenGAF? Must have been the redraft one. I'm too cheap to lose money to the NFL Gawds.

Mrbob

Haven't done fantasy in years, do I draft a punter in the first round?

Also, when is the draft going to be? Think I'm going to join, sounds fun.

Ferny

Haven't done fantasy in years, do I draft a punter in the first round?

Also, when is the draft going to be? Think I'm going to join, sounds fun.

it'll be towards the end of the month. Want it as late as possible to avoid drafting players who get injured in the preseason.

Ferny

Auction League

Ferny - Paid
Crimson - Paid
Splat - Paid
Pheenix - Paid
FMT (Last Years Chump) - Paid
Brent (Last Years Champ) - Paid
Az - Paid
Bob - Paid
BigBoss - Paid
Eznark - Unpaid
DM - Paid
Slacker - Paid

Just an update on those that have paid so far.

We did ESPN. And I think draft order was random.

This is my personal request but if we can do any day after 8/29 that would be beautiful. I will kind of be stuck and busy before that day.

8/29 is perfect for me, day before I move into my dorm

EDIT: Oh wait, I mis-read that. 8/30 would be ok for me, I can find a place with internet on campus if my room isn't set up yet

Ferny

We did ESPN. And I think draft order was random.

This is my personal request but if we can do any day after 8/29 that would be beautiful. I will kind of be stuck and busy before that day.

No we actually did Yahoo (pretty much always been) haha.

Draft order was random. Set by Yahoo 30 minutes before the draft. But I don't mind doing a random.org thing and giving you guys sometime to mock and all that. Up to you guys.

It will be the 29th or after yes. From the 29th - 2nd. In that timeframe.

8/29 is perfect for me, day before I move into my dorm

EDIT: Oh wait, I mis-read that. 8/30 would be ok for me, I can find a place with internet on campus if my room isn't set up yet

Not sure you're mobile settings on your phone, but you can also draft on your phone from the app.

Slacker

8/29 works for me too, the later the better though. I like knowing the draft order ahead of time, but I suppose it doesn't matter as much in an auction draft.

Ferny

Actually yeah Slacker lol

Draft position doesn't matter in auction (well nominating)

I think the only way draft order matters is the waiver order after the draft is completed.

It's FAAB waivers so everyone has a budget in order to go after players.

brentech

Sept 1 would be good for me, but time probably matters more than which day in reality. Tuesdays usually good for me though...only reason I say the 1st.

eznark

Banned
I can probably make any other day work, but the 29th I have to pretend to love animals as I speak at a fundraiser for animals and it's an all day deal.

Ferny

Just do it the weekend after. The games don't start until the weekend of the 12th, right?
The official season starts the 10th but the closer we get, the harder it would be to schedule if someone can't make it. I'd rather get it done ahead of time than risk someone not being able to attend and then they can't draft.

For the record, it probably wasn't gonna be the 29th.

I'm thinking the 31st - 2nd. One of those days. Brent said Tuesday works best for him so unless anyone else has a problem with the 1st, we can do it then around 9pm-9:30?

I'm fine on Monday and Tuesday evening at or after 7:30 CT

Although I think with that Monday, I'll be around earlier than that if needed

Ferny

Let's do this. Each one of you guys pick which would work best

Monday the 31st @ 9PM EST
or
Tuesday the 1st @ 9PM EST

Whichever works the best for the majority is what we'll do.

Let's do this. Each one of you guys pick which would work best

Monday the 31st @ 9PM EST
or
Tuesday the 1st @ 9PM EST

Whichever works the best for the majority is what we'll do.

I am fine with either but if it's really tied Monday is better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom