• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaddenGAF's Fantasy Football Thread Season 3 | Move over Dota, it's Monopoly time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

I gotta try to remember my yahoo login from like 99-2000

The golden years of yahoo fantasy

I setup the date of The 31st as a placeholder date FYI so don't get worried if you see it yet ladies.

Although that is the date that looks like it works the best for most.

Wow it has the results from all my earlier leagues in my profile. I was in a lot of baseball and football leagues from 2000-2004 and 0 since.

Ferny

Okay sounds like Monday the 31st @ 9PM EST it is. We can adjust it by a couple mins if needed, but plan to be there on that date, if possible.

GatorBait

Anyone have interest in joining a second version of this league (auction style)? If so, I'd be happy to get things up and running as the commissioner.

eznark

Banned
I've had zero time for this shit. I'll bid the max on the first guy then let the computer fill my team with $1 dudes

not feeling great about my team. overspent on a few players and ended up hurting me in the end. i mean would you rather pay $50 for erron or $19 for peypey? as my boy emmitt would say, i rest incase.

making some waiver wire moves for some backups though. idk why the cpu drafted guys who are injured or bums late in the draft but i guess when you have $1 to spend per player what can i expect

Everybody should post their team names because I have no idea who anybody is.

not feeling great about my team. overspent on a few players and ended up hurting me in the end. i mean would you rather pay $50 for erron or $19 for peypey? as my boy emmitt would say, i rest incase.

making some waiver wire moves for some backups though. idk why the cpu drafted guys who are injured or bums late in the draft but i guess when you have $1 to spend per player what can i expect

Peypey gonna make you pay week 1

I'm interested in some trades if someone wants a good QB, Eli, Romo and Brady on trade block!
face-with-tears-of-joy.png

You're stuck with them. Enjoy!

brentech

Not only ended with 4 QB, but also was the only one left with more than $1 at the end ($10). Being thrifty just doesn't pay off.

Then again, based on how last season went for me, the draft doesn't matter too much as long as you have a core player or two to work around and do a good job with the waiver wire and FA.

Ferny

Not only ended with 4 QB, but also was the only one left with more than $1 at the end ($10). Being thrifty just doesn't pay off.

Then again, based on how last season went for me, the draft doesn't matter too much as long as you have a core player or two to work around and do a good job with the waiver wire and FA.

Yeah in-season management is more important in my book. Drafting creates a fine foundation, but I think finding good wire pickups and playing the matchups really helps you shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom