• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madeleine McCann: suspect is helping police find her body 10 miles from where she was abducted

Dr Bass

The McCanns genuinely have people attempting to protect their image online. This idiot would appear to be one of them. Can't wait to talk shit, but when challenged, disappears like a fart in a tornado. Typical.

What would the motivation be, outside of maybe being paid to do so? I can't imagine a place like NeoGAF would be "big enough" for such shillery though.

It seems obvious to me they are involved. I would be way more upset about a missing pet than they are their "missing" child. 🤷‍♂️

nush

I was just about to post "Surprised i dont see the tinfoil hat lunatics on this forum accusing the parents of murder" yet here you are right on time, classic Gaf :)
Read up on the case, there are plot gaps in the official story.

Dr Bass

The parents did not do this crime, I'm very highly confident in that. Kinda sick to promote they did tbh.

Can you explain why? According to some of the info from some pretty experienced police, it was likely an accident that was covered up. Why do you think the parents are completely innocent? They don't behave or talk like innocent people at all.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Can you explain why? According to some of the info from some pretty experienced police, it was likely an accident that was covered up. Why do you think the parents are completely innocent? They don't behave or talk like innocent people at all.

That's something often overplayed by the general public who don't don't extensively study true crime. In family tragedies like this, no behavior is abnormal, really. There is no proper way to handle losing a child this tragically. I've seen families act very strange and weird, some even act like they don't care at all and had nothing to do with crimes like this. I've learned over the years that you can take notice of how the family acts, but it really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

I've studied this case extensively and it really doesn't fit the profile in any way of the parents having done this murder and covering it up. It was very likely an abduction, sexually motivated. I've not seen any of the true crime analysts I trust feel the parents did it either.

I think this guy is likely the guy. If not him, I'm very confident it was a stranger abduction.

nush

The parents did not do this crime, I'm very highly confident in that. Kinda sick to promote they did tbh.
I don't think you've studied this case at all past a few headlines and jamming your narrative into some generalities. If you had, you wouldn't be claiming the parents are being accused of murder.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Yea could easily be the case, that the kid died while they where in that restaurant by something she maybe swallowed for example. And instead of going to the police they covered it up under kidnapping. Because, whats the point going to jail for it when u can get a out of jail free card doing this shit.

At the end of the day without real proof of it, it's all speculation.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

That's something often overplayed by the general public who don't don't extensively study true crime. In family tragedies like this, no behavior is abnormal, really. There is no proper way to handle losing a child this tragically. I've seen families act very strange and weird, some even act like they don't care at all and had nothing to do with crimes like this. I've learned over the years that you can take notice of how the family acts, but it really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.

I've studied this case extensively and it really doesn't fit the profile in any way of the parents having done this murder and covering it up. It was very likely an abduction, sexually motivated. I've not seen any of the true crime analysts I trust feel the parents did it either.

I think this guy is likely the guy. If not him, I'm very confident it was a stranger abduction.

What's your take on the analysis by the detective in this thread. He points out some of the things they say like "when she had her accident" (or something to that effect) and he says it fits the profile of basically a hidden confession (or again something to that effect, going strictly by memory here). Again, the guy has extensive experience and I don't think people are all that unique in terms of lying vs. telling the truth. I hear what you are saying in regards to nothing being normal, but again, people with a lot of direct working experience with these cases are claiming differently as well.

It just seems like the evidence points to no one else being in that room. Plus I've seen people testify that the "open window" was way too small for an adult to get in through. I'm asking because I'm genuinely wanting to know, not trying to argue or show anyone up. Honestly, I try to not read too much about cases like these because it just gets too depressing to think about.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What's your take on the analysis by the detective in this thread. He points out some of the things they say like "when she had her accident" (or something to that effect) and he says it fits the profile of basically a hidden confession (or again something to that effect, going strictly by memory here). Again, the guy has extensive experience and I don't think people are all that unique in terms of lying vs. telling the truth. I hear what you are saying in regards to nothing being normal, but again, people with a lot of direct working experience with these cases are claiming differently as well.

It just seems like the evidence points to no one else being in that room. Plus I've seen people testify that the "open window" was way too small for an adult to get in through. I'm asking because I'm genuinely wanting to know, not trying to argue or show anyone up. Honestly, I try to not read too much about cases like these because it just gets too depressing to think about.

I can give you some specific reasons why I don't think the family did it.

If she died as an accident, the first instinct of the far majority of parents is to call the authorities. That doesn't mean there haven't been parents who acted foolishly and tried to cover total accidents up, but it's rare.

If they intentionally killed her(whether premeditated or in the heat of the moment) I don't think being that they were on vacation in a foreign territory, you'd average Joe couple would have the wherewithal to dispose of her body in a way to where it has never been found. They'd be in full panic, freaking out. In a place unfamiliar, uncomfortable to them. Killers are far more likely to dispose of bodies in places they are comfortable and familiar with. Many dumping grounds are places killers have a personal connection to. If they intended to kill her, IMO, they wouldn't have done it on foreign soil. Being in that state of mind, unless you're a cold, calculated, and experienced killer, it would be hard to find a place to dospose of her remains and not only that but maintain a cool for all these years, and never crack under pressure. If they indeed killed her, I think they would have either confessed by now, they'd have done something much more amateurish to dispose of the body. Like if they did stage it, they'd stage it as an accident and call the cops and say she fell down the stairs or tripped and fell... something much less elaborate. Parents who kill their kids don't usually go through extensive means to hide their loved ones unless there was abuse going on and they're evil with some form of sociopathy. I never got that sense for the McCann's.

After early scrutiny, the authorities stopped focusing on them. Again, this doesn't always mean they aren't guilty, but nothing has really circled them back to the McCann's to any significant degree at any point since the early going. They have a lot of information they can't release publicly, I think they'd have circled back at some point.

In my researching this case I've never agreed with anything of a hidden confession. I've seen nothing but sincerity from the McCann's. People project what they think families should act or answer questions after cases like this, but the truth is, there is no way of knowing until you have it happen to you. People say crazy stuff. Things that often make no sense, and they had nothing to do with crimes. I don't put a ton into it. The evidence to me in terms of relating it back to other cases screams of it not being the parents, and it being a stranger abduction. Someone who was comfortable and relatively experienced at being a predator. Someone who had the composure and wherewithal to hide a body.

Is there a ton of evidence someone went into the house at night? No. There are eye witnesses who say they saw a man carrying someone away. It was never confirmed if that was Madeilene or not. However, an old investigator's cliche is "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." There are plenty of cases where killers either just got lucky, didn't leave any signs of entry or evidence, but were in fact there. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Last edited:

nush

If she died as an accident, the first instinct of the far majority of parents is to call the authorities. That doesn't mean there haven't been parents who acted foolishly and tried to cover total accidents up, but it's rare.

You can write all that out, but undermine your whole argument in the first two lines.

Analytical truecrime expert here guys. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You've also undermined your first statement with a load of hedge-betting, if, buts and rhetorical questions. Very "Highly confident".

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I didn't undermine anything. Not even sure what you are talking about. Your point doesn't match up to the quoted text.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
That much is blatantly true. Maybe back out of topics you clearly have not researched well and make more posts about your neighbors chavmobile.
Yet you've displayed no ability to counter or argue against anything I've said. Just ad hominems, essentially.

Sorry if I didn't follow your agenda, but I'm going to call it like I see it. If you wanna debate it I'm more than willing, just don't be a douche about it. You've only come after me, you've done nothing to show you know anything about this case whatsoever. Might want to start there before coming after me for a start.

V4skunk

Banned
Yet you've displayed no ability to counter or argue against anything I've said. Just ad hominems, essentially.

Sorry if I didn't follow your agenda, but I'm going to call it like I see it. If you wanna debate it I'm more than willing, just don't be a douche about it. You've only come after me, you've done nothing to show you know anything about this case whatsoever. Might want to start there before coming after me for a start.
You know zero about this case. Literally nothing.
If they were not friends with people like ex prime minister David Cameron and other elites they would be in jail now.
Lets not even talk about the Podestas.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
You know zero about this case. Literally nothing.
If they were not friends with people like ex prime minister David Cameron and other elites they would be in jail now.
Lets not even talk about the Podestas.
I have watched multiple documentaries on this case, have researched it for hours, and have discussed it at length on true crime forums with people who study the case obsessively.

You can give me nothing of substance and nothing substantial, not one thing, that points to the parents. Nothing but circumstantial speculation. There is not a single piece of evidence that points to the parents. People who study this case religiously don't like Kate or Gerry for this either.

You have an agenda, and you have nothing to back it up with. Not a damn thing. At least read something about this case before you accuse me of knowing nothing about it. At least I backed my stance up with reasoning, you have given nothing. Just playing the contrarian.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Anyway, the agenda against the parents aside, that latest posted article is nothing really new.

A lawyer is of course going to defend their client, that's their job, by trying to harm the witness' credibility.

Just because the witness isn't a good dude, doesn't mean he lied. Maybe he did, who the fuck knows, but he has been proven credible before. He gave credible info that led to the conviction of Brueckner for a rape of a 72 year old in 2005. So that's one piece of info that has already been proven credible.

Brueckner looks good for this. I don't know for sure if he did it, but a man who was in the area when the disappearance happened and has a history of pedophilia and sexual assault is very promising. And the German authorities who aren't exactly chopped liver feel good about it. We'll see where it goes.

Last edited:

nush

I have watched multiple documentaries on this case, have researched it for hours, and have discussed it at length on true crime forums with people who study the case obsessively.

You can give me nothing of substance and nothing substantial, not one thing, that points to the parents. Nothing but circumstantial speculation. There is not a single piece of evidence that points to the parents. People who study this case religiously don't like Kate or Gerry for this either.

You have an agenda, and you have nothing to back it up with. Not a damn thing. At least read something about this case before you accuse me of knowing nothing about it. At least I backed my stance up with reasoning, you have given nothing. Just playing the contrarian.

Where where you May 2007, what were you doing?

I'm fully aware of this case and have followed it from day one. Not proactively just as the news comes out and I've already posted in this topic talking about it.

You've just come out that people that don't belive the McCans are "Sick" or "Don't like them". That's emotionally maniplative, not reason or fact based and when you've received push-back, you claim to be "Attacked".

Why don't you link us up to this true crime forum topic so we can see what's being discussed.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Where where you May 2007, what were you doing?

I'm fully aware of this case and have followed it from day one. Not proactively just as the news comes out and I've already posted in this topic talking about it.

You've just come out that people that don't belive the McCans are "Sick" or "Don't like them". That's emotionally maniplative, not reason or fact based and when you've received push-back, you claim to be "Attacked".

Why don't you link us up to this true crime forum topic so we can see what's being discussed.

I saw a post that said the parents should "burn in hell" and I got upset about it. If people think the parents may have had something to do with it, that's one thing, but going so far in that direction when there isn't a single piece of evidence that points to them, is something that bothers me. Did I overreact in that post? Maybe I did.

Two parents lost a daughter. To go that far in the direction that they should be in jail or should be burning in hell, etc, I'd hope at least there was something significant that tied them directly to her disappearance. In this case there is not. Inconsistent statements, questions about the shutters and eye witness accuracy, them refusing to speak more about it and/or cooperation with investigations, and a Portugese cop who is convinced they did it.

OJ Simpson, they are not.

You can go through the threads and read about their thoughts, it's a pretty active forum. Some people there think the parents had something to do with it. I don't think me saying it was sick was that much of an overreaction or being disrespectful, but if some people here took that as such then my apologies, but it was a direct reaction to the extreme nature of it. Because if they are innocent, I'm sure they've heard similar things from people directly in their personal life and that must be an unimaginable pain to lose a loved one and not only have to deal with that but deal with scrutiny and vitriol of people who think you also killed your beloved daughter. So I've always been super defensive of accused parents without anything to back it up.

Last edited:

nush

I saw a post that said the parents should "burn in hell" and I got upset about it. If people think the parents may have had something to do with it, that's one thing, but going so far in that direction when there isn't a single piece of evidence that points to them, is something that bothers me. Did I overreact in that post? Maybe I did.

Two parents lost a daughter. To go that far in the direction that they should be in jail or should be burning in hell, etc, I'd hope at least there was something significant that tied them directly to her disappearance. In this case there is not. Inconsistent statements, questions about the shutters and eye witness accuracy, them refusing to speak more about it and/or cooperation with investigations, and a Portugese cop who is convinced they did it.

Now we're making progress. This is my working theory, and here's my starting point.

Early morning May 2007 I switch on the TV to Sky News while eating my breakfast. Absolute cold start and NO context don't know what the story is. theres kate McCann being interviewed. "We checked every ten minutes" she kept repeating. It was at that point, I thought to myself "The lady doth protest too much" IE, she's lying. Caught up with the rest of the news story had her down as being neglectful of leaving her kids unattended while they were out at night and was just covering here arse.

Then as more and more of the story comes out over the weeks and months the inconsistencies start to show more and more and the parents behavior becomes less of grieving parents and more of media circus celebrities.

So, what I think is

They drugged the kid because she would not sleep and they wanted their holiday that they deserved.
Drugged kid falls down the back of the sofa and dies

Motivation for coverup: We drugged our kids and as kate is an anesthetist, she'll be struck off as a medical professional and an autopsy will show what's in her system, they were negligent parents leaving them alone which is a criminal offense in the UK. So not only do they lose their jobs, but could have the twins taken off them as well.

Maddie didn't die/abducted last that night, but earlier. Giving them preptime to hide the body and make a plan. Only witnesses are the twins who were too young to remember anyway.

epicnemesis

I don’t know the ins and outs of this case like some here, but when it comes to stuff like this I’m willing to give parents any and all benefits of doubt. Any shred of doubt and I’d rather not go there. You owe it to their grief.

Also, I don’t think it’s that insane to have a child sleeping in a hotel room and going down to a restaurant for dinner. I’ve never done it, and wouldn’t do it, but I don’t think it’s that crazy. Kids go to bed at like 6-8, when we go on vacation my wife and I end up on iPads in headphones in the dark for hours at night. It’s lame. It’s a sacrifice we make for the memories during the day, but it still sucks. Not going to begrudge parents for wanting a date night, thinking the worst that happens is the kid wakes up crying when they aren’t there. No one expects someone to break in their room and abduct their kid.

OJ Simpson, they are not.

You can go through the threads and read about their thoughts, it's a pretty active forum. Some people there think the parents had something to do with it. I don't think me saying it was sick was that much of an overreaction or being disrespectful, but if some people here took that as such then my apologies, but it was a direct reaction to the extreme nature of it. Because if they are innocent, I'm sure they've heard similar things from people directly in their personal life and that must be an unimaginable pain to lose a loved one and not only have to deal with that but deal with scrutiny and vitriol of people who think you also killed your beloved daughter. So I've always been super defensive of accused parents without anything to back it up.
It was me that said they should burn in hell and I stand by it. Parental neglect is unforgivable.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Now we're making progress. This is my working theory, and here's my starting point.

Early morning May 2007 I switch on the TV to Sky News while eating my breakfast. Absolute cold start and NO context don't know what the story is. theres kate McCann being interviewed. "We checked every ten minutes" she kept repeating. It was at that point, I thought to myself "The lady doth protest too much" IE, she's lying. Caught up with the rest of the news story had her down as being neglectful of leaving her kids unattended while they were out at night and was just covering here arse.

Then as more and more of the story comes out over the weeks and months the inconsistencies start to show more and more and the parents behavior becomes less of grieving parents and more of media circus celebrities.

So, what I think is

They drugged the kid because she would not sleep and they wanted their holiday that they deserved.
Drugged kid falls down the back of the sofa and dies

Motivation for coverup: We drugged our kids and as kate is an anesthetist, she'll be struck off as a medical professional and an autopsy will show what's in her system, they were negligent parents leaving them alone which is a criminal offense in the UK. So not only do they lose their jobs, but could have the twins taken off them as well.

Maddie didn't die/abducted last that night, but earlier. Giving them preptime to hide the body and make a plan. Only witnesses are the twins who were too young to remember anyway.

Me personally, I never put that much into their behavior. Obviously I can't definitively rule that out, I think anyone on this planet is capable of murder under the right circumstance.

I still think two parents coming together with a plan to dispose of the body of their own daughter on foreign soil is extremely cold, calculating, and sociopathic, I don't think most parents would be able to do that even in the act of self preservation. Maybe they are those kinds of parents, but I think the odds are against them not only being able to pull something like that off and being able to keep a level enough head under that kind of duress to think concoct and execute that kind of plan. And not only that but one of the parents not objecting to it.

I'd at least want some type of physical evidence to point directly to them.

Also I think the fact that the body has yet to be found suggests it was hidden very well that no one stumbled upon it. Not just search teams, but hunters, etc. If dumped in a body of water, that it hasn't washed up anywhere, I'd guess it was probably dumped in dense forestry or buried. Would two parents who just found out their daughter accidentally died be able to drive around a region they don't know that well with a dead body in their car to dispose of it? Nothing's impossible, but I just don't find it likely.

I think the fact that witnesses spotted someone carrying someone away with clothes that looked like MM's, combined with the fact that no body was found and no one really saw much else gives strong credence to it being a predator. Someone who knew how to stalk, someone who knew how to take someone without arousing a lot of attention, and then disposing of a body so no one could find it.

I just can't get over two parents with no history of abuse or any vile actions on their children being able to muster the gall to execute a perfect plan under that kind of shock and stress, do it so well as a first timer disposing of a body that no one would ever find it, and then all these years being able between the both of them to keep it cool without either of them breaking.

Not impossible, but in cases where there really is no super strong physical evidence pointing to any particular individual and you're left up to circumstance and theories, I think you just play the game of what seems most likely. I think some creep out there(Brueckner or someone else) saw her outside at some point, took a liking to her, stalked the apartment buildings, waited for a right time to sneak in when they thought they had a chance, found a way to get in and snatch her, and then made off with her.

I hope it is this guy so everyone can know once and for all. Hoping they find some definitive linking evidence soon.

MilkLizard

Morning sunshine.

The McCanns genuinely have people attempting to protect their image online. This idiot would appear to be one of them. Can't wait to talk shit, but when challenged, disappears like a fart in a tornado. Typical.

tumblr_oorucrzkOv1qfcx4to1_540.gif

V4skunk

Banned

You are crazy.
Just the fact they left there kids alone for hours while they were 15 minutes away eating with friends is big jail time for a normal set of parents.

...I'm so tired of the evils in this world. 💔:lollipop_crying:

She's with God now in a place more beautiful and joyful than we can even imagine. My hope is she doesn't even remember the wretched monster that hurt her so...

Revelation_21-4.jpg
Your posts are always so filled with love :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I'm so sad about this little girl as well. I hope whoever did this burn in hell for eternity. If the parents did it, even worse, I hope they burn hotter.

Anyways. Thank you for your posts, whatever you post I insta like it. :messenger_beaming:

Kamina

Golden Boy
The place it's claimed she was abducted from is right on the coast. So it's actually half that area to cover. Becuse the guy accused didn't have access to a boat.
Even half of that is still a large area.

Anyway, I didn’t find anything on wether the actually found a body or not?

Top Bottom