• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

Nyx

Is there any benefit to let the enforcers live until you get the boss? I read something about that they generate extra money?

And once I bought a weapon, can I access it for free whenever I wish?

Yeah you will get extra money coming in if you let them live.

ironcreed

Banned
I think I've made a huge mistake giving into my hype.

I have made a lot of those mistakes lately. Which is why I finally got tired of it and backed off this Fall. I am waiting on everything except Skyrim: Special Edition. It's going to be the lightest holiday season for me in years.

Im absolutely bemused. I wonder if there's something else going on, as it's not even close to that. It's fun, runs pretty well, looks pretty good.

It seems like people are having different experiences with the game. Some are getting several game crashes while others gets none...

I'm quite surprised by some of these negative comments, I've put a couple of hours into the ps4 version and think it's pretty good.

I'll admit I've seen better looking games but it's far from ugly and the story telling has been great so far.

thatJohann

I don't understand the hate for the Xbox one version. All the screenshots and videos I've seen look ok. In fact even good despite lower resolution. Haven't seen performance issues on any of the tons of clips on XboxDVR.com. Looks to run pretty smooth.

What am I missing?

Rellik

I don't understand the hate for the Xbox one version. All the screenshots and videos I've seen look ok. In fact even good despite lower resolution. Haven't seen performance issues on any of the tons of clips on XboxDVR.com. Looks to run pretty smooth.

What am I missing?

Probably just means you're not as sensitive to it as some. And you'll be better off for it if you're on a console, so just ignore it and enjoy your game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jesus Christ, 5:30 pm and the mailman finally came by.

Installing right now [PS4 version]. The huge foldable map inside the box is nice, you don't see that too often anymore these days.

Matush

Playing on PS4 for one hour, had to reload checkpoint after 15 minutes, since objective did not update, plus game just crashed on me... Not sure what is happening, hopefully it wont continue.

EDIT: Game crashed on me for the second time on the exact same place. WTF.

What am I missing?
Nothing. I mean, I'm playing it right now. It's stable, hasn't crashed for me (yet), frame rate is mostly pretty good, it looks good.

Zukkoyaki

Picking this up after work for PS4 after the mostly stellar impressions. I'm in the mood for an open-world "do this/do that" kind of game right now and the story/setting seem excellent.

psychotron

I hope DF get a video analysis up quickly. I know there weren't review copies sent out, but seeing what exactly is going on rather than these extremely varied impressions may help.

Daft_Cat

So, after Karak's review and the mixed vibes I'm getting from impressions, I've decided to not to pick this up for now. I'll keep my eyes on some of the post-release discussion (the narrative is still intriguing as hell), but I gotta say - the lack of review copies has left a bad taste in my mouth. It can be very exciting to pick up a game right out of the gate - much like seeing a movie on opening weekend - and the fact that 2k has made it difficult to do that while still being an informed consumer really bums me out. This is - of course - disregarding a bunch of random twitch streams, the point of which usually isn't to offer substantive praise or criticism on the overall experience.

Oh well. Was really excited for it!

i have a ps4 version coming in the mail today, idk if i want to return it to best buy now and rent it and then pick it up on sale.

I've been having fun with it on PC. 30 FPS seems to be holding steady, no crashes, and the game is goddamn fun. Seeing a few dips in driving between districts and the weird lighting/hyper weather glitch but other than that this game is everything I hoped it would be.

Also a cool thing I found while playing the heist mission:
If you die during the boat part, an alternate cutscene plays before you get the mission fail screen, it's pretty hilarious

Hjod

Banned
Glad that the digital edition on PSN EU was priced at 98$, made me wait. The Giant Bomb video made me want the game, but after reading the impressions here I'll wait for a while. The story seems really great though.

Ashtar

Debating whether to pick up my preorder or not, I got it from Best Buy so it's basically only 40 bucks, but I'm balls deep into Xcom 2 and gears is dropping in a couple days.... But I have a 3 day weekend

black070

Was debating picking this up, but the Pro patch (only just learned of it from this thread) has solidified my decision to hold off, hopefully by then a lot of the issues will be patched out.

vypek

Mine is out for delivery right now and will most likely be at my doorstop once I get back home from work. I don't think I want to bother going through returning it to Amazon. I'm still excited to play it, even more so with how the people are praising the story. If I run into a lot of issues I'll hold off for a while and play something else. And I do have DQ Builders coming in shortly after this anyways.

I played about an hour last night on PS4 and loved everything so far. The story telling is fantastic and the gameplay/shooting feels great. This whole documentary feel also is pretty awesome. Not seen any huge glitches or crashes yet but I'm early.

rdytoroll

PC version impressions

4 hours played, only one crash at the beginning before a mission. Story, characters and setting are amazing. Like damn the story telling so far is on another level. The gunplay and movement is so good too!

The game looks a bit blurry, but I don't really notice any other problems while playing on my TV a few meters away. The Xbox One controller works perfectly

Top Bottom