• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

Mr Swine

Banned
Heh seeing enemies trying to lob Molotov cocktails in air to you only to hit themself if you shoot them while they are doing their throwing animation is kinda hilarious

dedhead54

Skimming through the impressions here has me excited. Glad to hear that people are speaking highly of the story and gunplay. I can deal with some of the minor issues people have mentioned as long as I am in to the story and am having fun taking people out. If only I wasn't working until 10pm.

Installing on Xbox One. How long is the fucking install? One hour???? And why is my Xbox One making weird noises during the installation process?

Man, I hope this game is worth it

5 hours in now.

God damn this is the best sandbox shooting feeback/mechanics I've ever played with.

Still no crashes yet, though I did get a graphical glitch once.

5 hours in now.

God damn this is the best sandbox shooting feeback/mechanics I've ever played with.

These positive impressions giving me hope. I'll just give it a try! Can't wait to get off work and go pick it up.

Gameplay matters more to me than graphics.

Bedlam

I was on the verge of buying the game today after having watched the first hour with the GBeast guys. Love the atmosphere and scenario but held off due to the rather mixed impressions and complaints coming in.

Repetitive missions, technical problems, terrible pop-in. Waiting at least for the first one or two patches and getting it a little cheaper seems to be the right approach here.

styl3s

5 hours in now.

It feels so fucking visceral and savage i love it. I went through a place gutting peoples throats and then before going into a room i blasted 2 guys in the leg so they dropped their guns and fell and blasted the third guy in the head and walked up and executed the other 2 guys i felt like a mix between John Wick and Rambo.

Something about the way the guns recoil, sound and the way the npcs react, sound of the guts and hits and the blood it just all mixes so well it feels grimy but in a good way. Absolutely love the game so far i can't not see this going in my top 3 GOTY

These positive impressions giving me hope. I'll just give it a try! Can't wait to get off work and go pick it up.

Gameplay matters more to me than graphics.

I can deffo see people get put off by the reptitive nature of the side content.

But the savage gunplay and sandbox set up of the side content locations to attack make it very very addictive.

Driving up to a location, fishtailing around the corner to the soundtrack to perform a series of brutal takedowns and gunfights is amazing in feeling.

g51mR0L.gif

ahhh!!

Tohsaka

Game is taking forever to install for some reason on PS4. Usually once the install bar on the dashboard is gone I can play the game straight away, but I've been waiting for like 10 minutes or more in-game waiting for the installation to be complete.

psychotron

Game is taking forever to install for some reason on PS4. Usually once the install bar on the dashboard is gone I can play the game straight away, but I've been waiting for like 10 minutes or more in-game waiting for the installation to be complete.

The install bar isn't the best indicator. Press the options button and view the information. You'll see how the install is progressing.

Took over half an hour for me before it was complete, first time I've seen this on the PS4.

brau

PC version impressions

4 hours played, only one crash at the beginning before a mission. Story, characters and setting are amazing. Like damn the story telling so far is on another level. The gunplay and movement is so good too!

The game looks a bit blurry, but I don't really notice any other problems while playing on my TV a few meters away. The Xbox One controller works perfectly

did you get a crash at the very very beginning? i think i got the same crash. Once you get to the building gate.

Switching between kb/m for shooting and controller for driving is very damn hard. It's possible, but when I go back to controller, any of the button icons for the events have all disappeared. So sometimes I have to guess when to press X. Oh and if you press a keyboard button and a controller button at the same time, the game crashes.

Roufianos

HUD is fucking trash. Looks like Watch Dogs with all the floating symbols. Seeing through walls too? WTF?

Enjoying it so far regardless, not liking the way the story keeps jumping back and forth though.

idonteven

ok so for the people that are pretty far into the game how do you
assign a district to vito ? i cant find anything on the map that shows it

dreamfall

Does anyone know how to start the Emmanuel Weed runs from the boat? Talked to him but there's no objective marker after the cutscene to start it.

Love the game so much thus far. I kind of love the grunt work of taking down rackets and exploring the map. These set piece missions at the end are stunning. I just wish it was 60fps because I'd like to use Kb/m for precision aiming! The shooting feels incredibly brutal - and it's amazing!

dragn

PC version impressions

4 hours played, only one crash at the beginning before a mission. Story, characters and setting are amazing. Like damn the story telling so far is on another level. The gunplay and movement is so good too!

The game looks a bit blurry, but I don't really notice any other problems while playing on my TV a few meters away. The Xbox One controller works perfectly

try using reshade with sharpening

Mr. Hyde

Two hours or so into the game. I just finished the first part of the story and it's amazing! Playing it on PC using a 770 GTX without any slow downs or crashes, so far. Gunplay is really fun and the way the story flows is so great. I hope it keeps up on this level because I really loved Mafia 1 and 2.

plidex

The people who had very long PS4 installs, maybe the game was being downloaded?

I have the digital version and I can open the game but it only shows me a screens that says "36% complete - Installing", but it's not installing it, it's downloading it.

Top Bottom