• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Is this good? An objections?

---

Okay current list. (I like lists.) As it stands right now, new players will have priority over returning players, and returning player priority will go from time of death in Game 1. Unless anyone disagrees, I also feel anyone who signed up for Round 1 and didn't make it should be able to resign and get bumped to the top.

New Players:
-Raindoc
-CzarTim
-Blargonaut
-salvapot
-Hobohodo
-OceanicAir
-TheWorthyEdge
-exmachina64
-Terabyte20xx
-Darryl
-Tucah
-Coppanuva
-franconp

Returning Players
-Barrylocke
-Johnnyquickknives
-Foshy
-Kalor
-Quantumbro
-Lord of Castamere
-Robothornetsninja
-Ultron87
-Karkador
-Timeasis
-Traube
-Palmer_v1
-El Topo
-Tomakasatnav

Palmer_v1

---

Okay current list. (I like lists.) As it stands new players will have priority over returning players, and returning player priority will go from time of death. Unless anyone disagrees, I also feel anyone who signed up for Round 1 and didn't make it should be able to resign and get bumped to the top.

New Players:
-Raindoc
-CzarTim
-Blargonaut
-salvapot
-Hobohodo
-OceanicAir
-TheWorthyEdge
-exmachina64

Returning Players
-Barrylocke
-Johnnyquickknives
-Foshy
-Lord of Castamere
-Traube
-Palmer_v1
-Tomakasatnav

Good with me!

If I don't make the player cut, I'm willing to assist whoever hosts.

Edit: You're missing a few people, I think? Off the top of my head, Karkador, MattyG, and Crab are not on there.

Good with me!

If I don't make the player cut, I'm willing to assist whoever hosts.

Edit: You're missing a few people, I think? Off the top of my head, Karkador, MattyG, and Crab are not on there.

I was going off of the new thread. I'll updat with this thread in a minute. Just making sure no one had any comments before I posted it in the other thread.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably not going to play this one, I expect to be very busy over the next two months and I think I'd be more useful helping the new game-runner with setup design and so on. If we get to a third one, I'll take part, especially as we'll have a seasoned game-runner by then who can then take the turn advising whoever runs the third game, but for now I'm content to sit back.

To whoever does run it, be aware that's a big responsibility. You put in more time than any of the players do, and in the future you may need to help other new and emerging game-runners; you take on community duties beyond just running the game. Obviously it's also very fun and rewarding in it's own way - being able to observe the game from a godlike position and laugh at everyone's schemes is great fun and I really enjoyed myself handling this - but you really have to put the work in.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
At this rate we may be able to run a "beginners" and "veteran" game.

Avoid this. Mix the beginners and the veterans up so that beginners can learn from the veterans.

Also watching all you guys volunteering for another round is making me legit well up. :')

giphy.gif

Zatoth

---

Okay current list. (I like lists.) As it stands right now, new players will have priority over returning players, and returning player priority will go from time of death in Game 1. Unless anyone disagrees, I also feel anyone who signed up for Round 1 and didn't make it should be able to resign and get bumped to the top.

New Players:
-Raindoc
-CzarTim
-Blargonaut
-salvapot
-Hobohodo
-OceanicAir
-TheWorthyEdge
-exmachina64
-Terabyte20xx
-Darryl
-Tucah
-Coppanuva
-franconp

Returning Players
-Barrylocke
-Johnnyquickknives
-Foshy
-Kalor
-Quantumbro
-Lord of Castamere
-Karkador
-Timeasis
-Traube
-Palmer_v1
-El Topo
-Tomakasatnav

Looks like we can run two or even more games easily. Add some more players and baby, you've got a stew going!

Zatoth

Avoid this. Mix the beginners and the veterans up so that beginners can learn from the veterans.

I think it would be a good idea to place all former Mafia players and the serial killer with a lot of new guys to reduce the chance of grudge lynches/kills. :D

MattyG

Banned

---

New Players:
-Raindoc
-CzarTim
-Blargonaut
-salvapot
-Hobohodo
-OceanicAir
-TheWorthyEdge
-exmachina64
-Terabyte20xx
-Darryl
-Tucah
-Coppanuva
-franconp

Returning Players
-Barrylocke
-Johnnyquickknives
-Foshy
-Kalor
-Quantumbro
-Lord of Castamere
-Robothornetsninja
-Ultron87
-Karkador
-Timeasis
-Traube
-Palmer_v1
-El Topo
-Tomakasatnav
I want in on the next one!

How many people did we have in the first one? Close to 30?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Go post in the sign up thread then, silly. This thread shouldn't be used for sign-ups as it is more important the other thread is visible.

We had 27 players in this game. I had 33 sign-ups, iirc - 27 players, one needed replacement before the game started, one needed replacing partway through (Xpike for Staydead), and four on the waiting list who didn't get called up.

Do we make sure both themes are the same? Could cause issues if one them is seen as "cooler".

"I didn't want to play boring Italian Mafia I wanted to play Slick and Stylish New York Mafia.Luciano master race."

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Before worrying about themes, I'd worry about game-runners. Themes are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things and if players are randomly assigned to a theme they'll all claim theirs is better. :p As it stands, we don't have one confirmed game-runners, let alone a (potential) two.

Also watching all you guys volunteering for another round is making me legit well up. :')

giphy.gif

I agree with that advice very much. That was the best thing about that game in the longterm, tainting some pure blood so that the invasion can expand (err, I mean, giving some new folks experience to spread to more new folks).

Also, I don't think I ever thanked you for starting things up here. Hopefully there'll be more fun with this in the future on GAF.

Palmer_v1

So all further recruitment and player talk should be in the other thread.

Should we iron out the hosting duties here, or in the other thread as well?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'd switch it over to the other thread. It's more important that one is visible.

Palmer_v1

The people who were interested in Moderatig the next game, please post in the other thread. We have enough people for two games, and can start preparing any time. Crab is available to assist.

Top Bottom