• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Click

Banned
I love sitting in a bunker turret as the platoon leader and with 7 other GAF'fers defending it:

rc945d.png

:lol

Wes

venison crêpe
I have begun to notice a fair few of the SVER players saying "eh, this is a bit too easy" and decide to join Valor or Raven.

Wes

venison crêpe
Click said:
Heh, yeah.
I think my best without using a turret is 28 kills without dying. :D

Impressive! I guess that's with the LMG right? I wont use it - not my thing at all. I think my best was 21-3 in the open beta with the assault rifle and my bag of tricks.

I bought this as an impulse buy this afternoon. How do I go abouts jointing a GAF clan. I think I might go SVER.

I haven't used my PS3 in a while, so I'll probably be on tomorrow after all the updates I have to download.

Click

Banned
Wes said:
Impressive! I guess that's with the LMG right? I wont use it - not my thing at all. I think my best was 21-3 in the open beta with the assault rifle and my bag of tricks.

Yeah. I'm riding the LMG train until Zipper decides to nerf them.

But the LMG alone can't get you that high of a killstreak.

jorma

is now taking requests
Ok, this is starting to freak me out. Am i the only one getting the bug where everyone else in the group joins a game, but i'm still in the group menu wondering wtf happened?

Palmer_v1

jorma said:
Ok, this is starting to freak me out. Am i the only one getting the bug where everyone else in the group joins a game, but i'm still in the group menu wondering wtf happened?

It's happened to me a few times, as well as others in my group. Maybe one game out of 5 will have someone not make it to the starting lobby for whatever reason.

Kowak

Banned
Blair said:
Picking this up tommorow (damn late europe) can't wait to play this shit out of this. Only thing is, in the few beta matches i played i was SVER which i enjoyed, but now i'm reading that SVER steamrolls alot of games and i don't like playing as the winning side. I guess RAVEN will get another member.

excuse me??????

raven are gonna win a ton of games from tomorrow so you might want to stick with sver or go to valor.

sure raven are taking a beating, but thats because i have mainly been playing at times which will be populated by europeans.

i cant wait for the weekend so that the days of destroying valor and sver at sabotage will come.

p.s. i have not been one for moaning to much about map imbalance, but when i see(while dying) 13+ sver guys all alone in raven c there is clearly an issue.

p.s.s i will hopefully be online in 3-4 hours, will get a quick nap in and then some hardcore sver killing with my american brothers.

So how is the community looking for this game, I am ready to drop the $60 if it looks like it will be fairly long lasting. It will be nice to be playing a Zipper game again too, the last one I really played was Socom 2.

Lan_97

So I had thought the game was balanced in such a way that Raven had better weapons and SVER had more defensible maps. Though many people are saying that SVER has more powerful but less accurate weapons and Raven has more accurate but less powerful weapons.

Either way, it makes no difference to me. Though I will be switching to LMGs tonight.

Fixed1979

Kowak said:
p.s.s i will hopefully be online in 3-4 hours, will get a quick nap in and then some hardcore sver killing with my american brothers.

I'll be on in about 3 hours, hopefully ready for a long night of good times.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Kowak said:
excuse me??????

raven are gonna win a ton of games from tomorrow so you might want to stick with sver or go to valor.

sure raven are taking a beating, but thats because i have mainly been playing at times which will be populated by europeans.

i cant wait for the weekend so that the days of destroying valor and sver at sabotage will come.

p.s. i have not been one for moaning to much about map imbalance, but when i see(while dying) 13+ sver guys all alone in raven c there is clearly an issue.

What's wrong with liking being an underdog? Raven's clearly the underdog right now and we could use some good players until Euros get in. :D I say we welcome him with open arms!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, this is ridiculous. I just played 4 more Sabotage games for Raven, and they were decimated all 4 times. That makes out of the 19 rounds I've played of this since release as Raven, we've won only once.

I'm also pretty high up on the leaderboards (5-3rd on team). Looking at the other members of my team is just sad.

Last game we had 4 people with positive K/D ratio, whereas SVER had about 14. And all the people with bad K/D ratios on Raven also had very little XP as well.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Lan_97 said:
So I had thought the game was balanced in such a way that Raven had better weapons and SVER had more defensible maps. Though many people are saying that SVER has more powerful but less accurate weapons and Raven has more accurate but less powerful weapons.

Either way, it makes no difference to me. Though I will be switching to LMGs tonight.
In my experience, I noticed that Raven's LMG has more recoil than Valor's. Valor's LMG isn't too hard to control. I prefer Valor's LMG to Raven's because of that reason. ATAC has little to no recoil, love that gun, get tons more kills with it compared to LMG (especially the second one). hate that it doesn't have a big mag though.

ATTACK OF 500 SERVER ERRORS!!! :mad:

Click

Banned
SolidusDave said:
I'm glad you are in my PMC D:

Not unless I switch factions once I hit 60. =P

Valor GAF seems to need the help, especially now that Lyulf is going to be playing.
He'll just teamkill everyone. Valor will need my help to rid them of that scumbag TK'er. :lol

Das-J said:
Damn Click... that's the best K/D ratio I've ever seen in MAG! :D

Thanks, but it'll eventually drop back down when people figure out how to play this game.
Acquisition is terrible on my K/D. ><

TheFatOne said:
BTW that is obviously photoshopped:p

Took me onry 4 hours.
U rike?

question regarding the attachments to weapons. I know that attachments you earn in one tree are not transferable to another (i.e. Assault Rifle Grip can't be used on LMG)...but can the Grip / scope in the AR tree be used on all assault rifles? (for raven, the hollis, atac and 553?)

Kowak

Banned
Click, your K/D ratio is poor. i was at 8:1 early today
although that happened to be in the first minute of a game against sver and has since gone into negatives.

on other factions to players listern to plans??? when attacking sver B i try and get people to come with me along the tracks and take them from behind, its so poorly defended that I can take it by myself. i will wipe it out and then get destroyed while waiting for my team who are either sniping or respawning because they go straight down the middle. I also like to follow people if they have plans, even if its a shit one its still gonna be effective with a large squad all working together.

Click

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Got to love Turrets :lol
They are the "Fix Your K/D Ratio" solution

For now.

Once people realize how to neutralize turrets and figuring out that they're actually a dangerous place to sit in, they won't be nearly as appealing to n00bs that like sitting in there with no clue how to use the turrets.

I'll let everyone in on the secrets to destroying / neutralizing turrets:

1) Lock-on RPG skill.
Takes 5 points, but it's invaluable in Acquisition and Domination.
I still don't have it but will soon.

2) Squad leader's "hardened target" airstrike.

3) Last tier sniper rifles.

4) Smoke grenades combined with small arms fire and frag grenades.

You also have to sneak around to where the turret ISN'T facing. They have limited view of the battlefield and they turn really friggin' slow. The gun also has to be warmed up for 2 seconds to fire.

surefire1982 said:
question regarding the attachments to weapons. I know that attachments you earn in one tree are not transferable to another (i.e. Assault Rifle Grip can't be used on LMG)...but can the Grip / scope in the AR tree be used on all assault rifles? (for raven, the hollis, atac and 553?)

Yes.

Click

Banned
surefire1982 said:

Yes.

All attachments unlocked for whatever class of guns are available for all guns in that class.

Xater

So my father actually got the game today so I've spent some more time with it. It is growing on me but so far I have only seen SVER domination. I joined Valor and have yet to enjoy a win.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Kowak said:
Click, your K/D ratio is poor. i was at 8:1 early today
although that happened to be in the first minute of a game against sver and has since gone into negatives.

on other factions to players listern to plans??? when attacking sver B i try and get people to come with me along the tracks and take them from behind, its so poorly defended that I can take it by myself. i will wipe it out and then get destroyed while waiting for my team who are either sniping or respawning because they go straight down the middle. I also like to follow people if they have plans, even if its a shit one its still gonna be effective with a large squad all working together.
SVER's Sab is piece of cake if you have an organised team, especially B. A on the other hand takes a while.

KZObsessed

Just taking a break in between studying. Not gonna be on long which is why I havn't joined any parties, not being anti social or anything. :p

Played my first game (suppression) and went... 6-3

oh yeeeeeeeeeah I'm awesome. In your face Click!

Wes

venison crêpe
Click said:
1) Lock-on RPG skill.

See this is the problem with my setup. I don't go into Direct Action at all in my skills but I know how important that better RPG can be.

I'll have to leave it as a luxury whilst I get the essentials me thinks.

oktarb

Click said:
1) Lock-on RPG skill.

Does the upgraded lock-on RPG do more damage? I haven't had a problem hitting the turrets or APCs but it takes more than my ammo capacity to take them down.

I specced out of the 5 point lock-on RPG becuase aim wasn't my challenge. Not only does it take 5 points but it takes more cc to equip. My thought:

"Well hell if aim isn't my problem and it doesn't appear to do more damage, I'm dropping it and just using the lower model."

dorkimoe

Click said:
I love sitting in a bunker turret as the platoon leader and with 7 other GAF'fers defending it:

rc945d.png

:lol

i was in that game
i hate you :p

that was the game flintstone was stuck in there with you haha

ps. I think it was sabotage that i was squad leader for, thats probably why i couldnt do anything. ill try it again next time we play

oktarb said:
Does the upgraded lock-on RPG do more damage? I haven't had a problem hitting the turrets or APCs but it takes more than my ammo capacity to take them down.

I specced out of the 5 point lock-on RPG becuase aim wasn't my challenge. Not only does it take 5 points but it takes more cc to equip. My thought:

"Well hell if aim isn't my problem and it doesn't appear to do more damage, I'm dropping it and just using the lower model."
Any idea how many RPGs it takes to destroy an AA turret? Is it even possible?

so does the MAG beta (demo?) still work? or is the only way to play now through the full game?

i downloaded the beta a few weeks back but haven't had time to try it and i REALLY want to when i get home. my excitement for this game has gone from barely existent to quite existent. :D

oktarb

Click said:
I believe 4.
You only get 3 rockets per loadout.

Wait...

Are we talking AA turrets or the turrets on top of the bunkers?

I thought everything but the bunker turrets had to be detonated by running to the flashing panel at the back. Can you in fact shoot RPGs at a Sensor array for example?

And who said we need documentation, we got this shit covered!

Liberty4all

Banned
Click said:
The squad leader is quite possibly the most important officer position a team can have. In Sabotage, they're not as important, but they can still do more than platoon leaders in this game mode.

Not only do they have a vicinity-based, squad-wide buff effects, but they can also set FRAGO and waypoints. If your team is defending A and B is getting overwhelmed, you can FRAGO B, tell a few members of your squad to help them out, and still get FRAGO points for both A and B. Just keep in mind that the FRAGO resets from time to time, I believe when an objective gets taken over or if it gets re-captured.

Explain how this works again? Squads get fraggo pts for both the waypoint and the fraggo'ed objective allowing you to set 2 frago areas??

Or when you switch fraggo's the first fraggo doesn't stop giving bonus points for a few minutes?

Top Bottom