• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG |OT| 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim

Anerythristic said:
Retail version of this will see the majority of US players from Virginia west to Arizona and Nevada roll VALOR. I understand exactly what you are saying.

For us not too familiar with US geography, are you refering to a certain group with strangely colored necks who also like to wear certain white robes and torches?

mr stroke said:
curious about the 256 matches as well. Lots of lag?

either way, Ill be in as soon as Amazon drops it off, Zipper is always ace.
cant wait

Don't know how it was in the latest beta, but the framerate made Domination (256) feel borderline unplayable in the previous beta. Seemed to be stuck in the teens or low 20s. The combination of low framerate and hectic action made for rough times.

Lagspike_exe said:
For us not too familiar with US geography, are you refering to a certain group with strangely colored necks who also like to wear certain white robes and torches?

:lol , of course they were there. The only good thing is, man, do they mean business.

(Southern Accent) Get off your ass boy and get to fixin' this goddamn bunker!! We're in the shit here..YEEHAW!! :lol :lol

Anerythristic said:
:lol , of course they were there. The only good thing is, man, do they mean business.

(Southern Accent) Get off your ass boy and get to fixin' this goddamn bunker!! We're in the shit here..YEEHAW!! :lol :lol

:lol :lol

Awesome, can't wait to see this stuff.

Cagen

Kowak said:
Thats because Europe are not playing and when we do we will flock to Raven and start tearing it up again.
EuroGAF is SVER bound, you're just a traitor joining Raven scum like Foxgirl and Delrizzla.

sk3tch

AltogetherAndrews said:
Don't know how it was in the latest beta, but the framerate made Domination (256) feel borderline unplayable in the previous beta. Seemed to be stuck in the teens or low 20s. The combination of low framerate and hectic action made for rough times.

That's the one thing that is a bummer about this IGN tourney...it's so limited in scope. A handful of maps and one mode. Heck, even the tutorial didn't work for me...I hope everything goes well come 1/26. I'm in no matter what. :)

I am very glad I didn't play in the IGN tourny. I am fresh for this game and salivating, no fatigue here. I highly suggest taking the next week or so off.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
jorma said:
Oh the whingeing from SVER-gaf when you get nerfed will be epic. Epic i tell you! :)
:lol The excitement is killing me.

Cagen said:
EuroGAF is SVER bound, you're just a traitor joining Raven scum like Foxgirl and Delrizzla.
Like I said in the Online forum. I quit GAFe, you guys no longer deserve the title of the most brave and badass clan out there. It's sad, the GAFe I once knew and loved is dead. *tear*

:p

Violater

Lagspike_exe said:

:lol WTF is that what people still think of the US?

dorkimoe

I plan on giving away about 5 of these exclusive character codes

this is what it is

270388_bonusLG.jpg

it only works for SVER . i havent been following to much to know which faction gaf is playing but im sure someone will use them.

First 5 to pm me will get one. hope to have them sent out by tomorrow or so.
Knowing GAF, this will take about 20 seconds, so please dont send me a pm 2 hours from now asking. I wish i could give one to everyone.

dont bother sending me a pm, if you have like 2 posts on the forum -only sending to people who contribute

ttp or nskinnear if you need one let me know. You 2 were the last to give me something i believe.

Arnie

Hey guys, does anyone have a link to a picture of the complete skill trees for each faction? I'm trying to decide which one I'll pick on the 29th but it's been a while since the original beta so I'm having a hard time remembering the different weapons and skills.

dorkimoe

BruceLeeRoy said:
^^ Great as if people needed more incentive to flock to the ridiculously out of balanced SVER.

considering how many people hate gamestop, i wouldnt be surprised if people go other factions just to kill people who bought the game from gamestop

BruceLeeRoy said:
^^ Great as if people needed more incentive to flock to the ridiculously out of balanced SVER.

Yeah... Gamestop has skins for all three factions. I already have my Valor skin.

considering how many people hate gamestop, i wouldnt be surprised if people go other factions just to kill people who bought the game from gamestop

So you stole the Gamestop pre order bonuses :lol , cmon.

I was in GS today. There is a huge MAG display as soon as you walk in the door. No mention of the actual unique features of the game though.

dorkimoe

Anerythristic said:
Yeah... Gamestop has skins for all three factions. I already have my Valor skin.

So you stole the Gamestop pre order bonuses :lol , cmon.

i didnt steal anything...i didnt say i got them from there, maybe someone gave them to me

Ploid 3.0

Anerythristic said:
This is what I am talking about it. Ploid was an excellent Valor player. I remeber playing and winning with him. This map thing is really striking me as bush league.

Hey Ploid, we know how to organize and take the SVER maps. We are coming for you traitorous swine. :lol Your on my list all day long. :lol

I mainly changed because I thought there was a bug in the tournament version. We couldn't beat sver no matter what happened. Turns out there was a group of clans on at the time and they continued to get the same games that I did. You know how playing against clans are. The tournament version is a small world. I continue to play with the same people, I don't even need a gaf clan invite. I played with gaf so many times.

To tell you the truth, I'd probably go back to Valor. Domination and the other modes might rock with them. I really like the sub machine gun now, I wonder how Valor's is.

@ Ploid

:D , it's your money and your game, play however you want, enjoy. We will just send you a Valor clan invite ASAP, take it if you like.

templeusox said:
I was in GS today. There is a huge MAG display as soon as you walk in the door. No mention of the actual unique features of the game though.

Is sony planning on doing any television marketing for this thing?

Ploid 3.0

This tournament thing was strictly business. I wanted the fastest exp, and we're just shooting fish in a bucket a lot of the times. Also I'm not getting it at launch. Maybe a month or so later. Need my desk.

Arnie said:
Hey guys, does anyone have a link to a picture of the complete skill trees for each faction? I'm trying to decide which one I'll pick on the 29th but it's been a while since the original beta so I'm having a hard time remembering the different weapons and skills.

From what I saw of Valor and SVER they are the same, only different looking guns. I suppose Raven's guns are very year 2080. Everything from claymores, to the poison gas is the same.

AeroGod

* Commandant in Chief – Awarded when a player reaches level 60 with a Raven character
* Prima Noyan – Awarded when a player reaches level 60 with a S.V.E.R. character
* Sergeant Major – Awarded when a player reaches level 60 with a Valor character

WTF is this shit. Its going to take a long time to get Platinum and you'll have to delete a prefered character to get the other two gold trophies : /

sk3tch

AeroGod said:
WTF is this shit. Its going to take a long time to get Platinum and you'll have to delete a prefered character to get the other two gold trophies : /

It has been mentioned a few times already in this thread - the other PMCs will attempt to recruit you as you ascend the ranks.

AeroGod said:

Not really. When you get to level 60, other factions will try to recruit you, so you'll be able to switch without a severe penalty.

edit: beaten

Ploid 3.0

AeroGod said:

When you change sides I suppose you get to keep your exp. Maybe you can change sides at 20, and again at 60? We'll have to see. I don't collect trophies, thank goodness. Well actually if they unlock cool stuff I try hard to get them. Skins in home, or awesome things to do in the game.

Naughtboy

Banned
Wow this game comes out next week right, didn't even know until i saw it for myself at work today. We got our copies in and i was like WHOA, MAG is still alive....and it comes out Tuesday? Wow!!!!!!!!!! Wheres the hype?

TheFallen

Ploid 3.0 said:
When you change sides I suppose you get to keep your exp. Maybe you can change sides at 20, and again at 60? We'll have to see. I don't collect trophies, thank goodness. Well actually if they unlock cool stuff I try hard to get them. Skins in home, or awesome things to do in the game.
They haven't said much about the PMC switching, but there's a 4-page article on MAG in the January 2010 issue of Playstation magazine (forgot which region) mentioning that there's a prestige type of feature.

There will be a Veteran mode available for a player who reaches the top level 60. It seems identical to going Prestige in COD--you keep your stats and ribbons/medals, but you go back to Level 1 and have to earn back your weapons and skill points. Your player will have a star with a number in the center to indicate which level of Veteran you have acheived.

I have a feeling if/when you switch PMC it'll probably be at each Veteran level and the number in the star will help differentiate yourself from a newbie in the PMC.

Kowak

Banned
The lack of advertising in the UK has pissed me off, i havent seen one ad yet. I remember it seemed like two solid months of nothing but MW2 ads, i wasnt pumped at first but by the end i craved it(plus the fact it only cost £27). Although, despite this it seems to be doing well with preorders.

also saw these on the web today.

15556_190746853060_164688853060_3068661_8327249_n.jpg

15556_190746623060_164688853060_3068652_1009384_n.jpg

15556_190746628060_164688853060_3068653_4815355_n.jpg

plus any excuse to show this again.

20554_247564866723_579306723_3354256_6947648_n.jpg

Kowak

Banned
Naughtboy said:
Wow this game comes out next week right, didn't even know until i saw it for myself at work today. We got our copies in and i was like WHOA, MAG is still alive....and it comes out Tuesday? Wow!!!!!!!!!! Wheres the hype?

hype is MAG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all other FPS>>>>>MW2

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
24oar9f.jpg

Raven pre-order. Replace glasses with balaclava(spelling?) and the new helmets for medium armour (open beta, they weren't in closed beta) and he'd look awesome.

Violater

slider said:
Why are Valor so disliked?? I've just asked to be put into the Valor GAF clan...

Its cool to hate on the US.
I played on Valor in the earlier phase of the beta and some cool socom folks were on there.
But be warned these guys are hardcore and if you miss a night of playing they will prob TK and kick u from their clan :lol

Ploid 3.0

TheFatOne said:
The only thing I'm ruining is Sver/Ravens chances at victory
Indifferent2.gif

Spoken like a true Patriot.
2mxpvdu.jpg

TheFallen said:
They haven't said much about the PMC switching, but there's a 4-page article on MAG in the January 2010 issue of Playstation magazine (forgot which region) mentioning that there's a prestige type of feature.

I have a feeling if/when you switch PMC it'll probably be at each Veteran level and the number in the star will help differentiate yourself from a newbie in the PMC.

Oh boy, the silly prestige stuff. Changing sides is going to suck, more reason to be loyal I suppose.

neroli

Neo Member
Bamelin said:
Does anyone know which retailers are holding the pre order bonus's in Canada?
Pre ordered mine at Eb Games and don't give me anything.

btw I think if you have fun with one faction in the beta, go with it on day one and enjoy the game like what it is.

slider

Violater said:
But be warned these guys are hardcore and if you miss a night of playing they will prob TK and kick u from their clan :lol

:lol

I'll give it my best attempt but I'll probably go crawling back to Warhawk in the end.

Wes

venison crêpe
Still haven't seen the headset bundle anywhere online or in shops in the UK. Leaving it a bit late aren't they?

AAK

Interesting, I'd assume multiplayer only games are budget priced, similar to Warhawk, BF1943, TF2, etc.

Violater

slider said:
Why are Valor so disliked?? I've just asked to be put into the Valor GAF clan...

Its cool to hate on the US.
I played on Valor in the earlier phase of the beta and some cool socom folks were on there.

Top Bottom