• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

red13th

lol true. two downgrades.
Mortician Beetle is what, the third rare to common? I remember Scion of the Wild and Elvish Vanguard.

Jhriad

Extractor%20Demon.png
Well, I at least I know what $0.10 rare I'm going to be pulling whenever I open a pack.

y2dvd

Yeah now I regret not ordering a box lol.

So much money will be thrown into drafting this set. Good bye savings! :l

bigkrev

Quick SGC Prices for Preorders vs what they were a week ago

Liliana: was $95, is preordering for $60
Linvala: was $40, is preordering for $20
Stony Silence: was $8, is preordering for $4
Path: was $12, preordering for $7
Death's Shadow: was $13, preordering for $6
Abrupt Decay: was $8, is preordering for $4

Lucario

Mortician Beetle to common is going to be insane for pauper.

EDIT: Oh my god, we're also getting Burning-Tree and Magma Jet? TY Wizards.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mortician Beetle to common is going to be insane for pauper.

EDIT: Oh my god, we're also getting Burning-Tree and Magma Jet? TY Wizards.

Dont thank them just yet. Last time, their gifts gave us the hell that was Izzet Drake.

This set is a magic players dream. Not even about the value. Regardless of card prices, the amazing cards you can get from a box of this are off the handle.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe they can randomly remember to put Glimpse the Unthinkable in

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Path is fine, but every other art of Path is better. Especially the one I play with like a special snowflake

pzSAS9C.jpg

Path is fine, but every other art of Path is better. Especially the one I play with like a special snowflake

pzSAS9C.jpg
Nah OG Path is the best art. It's exactly what Path to Exile should look like, someone or something getting reduced to nothing. The other artworks, either look like a dream or burial at the sea idk (the above), some weird thing getting thingied by venser (venser vs. koth) or too willingly participating (FNM).

Angry Grimace

Except Path to Exile isn't supposed to be the creature being destroyed any more than Swords to Plowshares is.

Except Path to Exile isn't supposed to be the creature being destroyed any more than Swords to Plowshares is.

Exactly. Path to Exile is literally a "Path to Exile". Being torn asunder from the battlefield? That's one way to exile. Willingly embracing it as a journey? That's a path to exile. Even the Rebecca Guay one works because the name "Path to exile" isn't as niche a removal spell artwise as "Lightning Bolt" or "Fatal Push".

pzSAS9C.jpg

Well, I mean, it's the best art of the bunch (It's Guay so of course it is) and even if people argue it doesn't fit the card then you can just point out that neither does the original art.

Angry Grimace

Taking up farming counts as a path to exile, also.

Angry Grimace

Sometimes I feel like WOTC really lucked into Modern being a decent format.

Except that swords to plowshares had that in the original art, which carried through further iterations, while path to exile has a clear intention in the art that doesn't.

The FNM version in particular does not convey any form of exile, while you can go into exile willingly there's nothing that represents anything being left behind for the person.

Guay's just belongs on another card, it's great of course. It just appears to be a burial at the sea to me.

I LOVE that art, it's gorgeous.

I'd kill for a non-foil version.

Yeah. I was hoping for one here. At this point I own a non-foil version of almost all Guay art where that's possible and a foil for a large percentage of them. In many cases the foil came first and I went back afterward to get non-foil because it makes the art clearer. Her work really loses a lot to foiling compared to most Magic art, I'd say.

OnPoint

I gotta say... Path has some horribly inconsistent tone in the arts now that I've looked them all up.

That DD version is bad. The Guay version is beautiful but I don't think fits the tone.

Angry Grimace

I need to get myself some Abrupt Decays. They're a staple and I'm thinking about building Dredge for Modern.

That's not a card that will ever be expensive because it was printed in the RTR boom where they sold a billion cards. You lose like 60% of pack value opening AD in a MM2017 pack!

I suppose in some sense its literally impossible to print every good card that sees play in Modern without it being Cube in packs.

Santiako

Fuck it, since I blew most of my march budget on the dentist, I just bought half a box (12 packs), I want to have some fun too.

Daedardus

I prefer the Lockwood art, it kinda has this mistifying aspect surrounding it.

Also, what's the chance we'll see Lightning Bolt at common?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom