• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Weird how he operates different from Gideon due to not having the "still a Planeswalker" text. Maybe because the prevent all damage effect Gideon has isn't Red?

Strictly better than Volcanic Dragon, outside of creature ETB triggers and dragon tribal and such. (EDIT: Oh, and blocking) Really neat card.

EDIT: Cast Sarkhan and turn him into a dragon. Then cast another Sarkhan and have him deal 4 damage to a creature. They coexist until end of turn. Not a good combo, but it's something weird you can do.

kirblar

Strictly better than Volcanic Dragon, outside of creature ETB triggers and dragon tribal and such. (EDIT: Oh, and blocking) Really neat card.

EDIT: Cast Sarkhan and turn him into a dragon. Then cast another Sarkhan and have him deal 4 damage to a creature. They coexist until end of turn. Not a good combo, but it's something weird you can do.
I think the legend/pw uniqueness rule cares about the name alone.

bigkrev

Was Sarkhan the "big announcement"? I dunno if I I would count that as "big" though the card look very powerful

It's a Planeswalker, it counts as a big announcement. This probably also confirms no fetchlands in here, as they would have made that a BIG deal if it was happening.

Super glad we don't even know all 5 mechanics yet though! Trying to figure if it's just an oversight and they forgot, or if it's really cool and they are holding it for an article.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It's a Planeswalker, it counts as a big announcement. This probably also confirms no fetchlands in here, as they would have made that a BIG deal if it was happening.

Super glad we don't even know all 5 mechanics yet though! Trying to figure if it's just an oversight and they forgot, or if it's really cool and they are holding it for an article.

They've said that it was a mistake not to make Naya's 5-power matters theme an ability word, so it looks like "having the highest power" isn't the main ability for Temur either

Crocodile

Not having Sarkhan spoiled today would have been the big news I felt. Planeswalkers have been spoiled at all of the PAX parties without making a big fuss about it I dunno why they wanted to change that now.

As for the rest of the mechanics, if it isn't spoiled tonight or tomorrow at the creative panel, it will be in the mechanics article which should go up Monday.

kirblar

Fetch Happpened.

BwWAAQPCIAAHTpk.jpg

Lucario

Temur Ascendancy is a pretty scary card.

It's also awesome to confirm that all 5 allied fetches will be in the same set, instead of splitting them up across the block. Will keep the prices very reasonable.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";127792448]I'll do a full report Monday but I got top 32 at the diamond 5k with esper control. Time to sleep.[/QUOTE]
Nice!

New Fetch art is spectacular. Far better than the original.

ultron87

It is cool how Sarkhans ultimate is a different variation on the red temp card draw thing. Wonder if that could end up on a card.

Glad I sold my last spare Strand and Heath in MTGO a couple hours ago. Bummed the buybot immediately stopped buying fetches after the announcement. Was just going to liquidate and rebuy later.

bigkrev

I just hope they come out and say they are doing all 10, like they did with the shocks. Don't jerk people around.

Where are these going to end up price-wise? Follow a similar trend to the RTR shocks?.

Speaking of shocks, I still need to get Temples, Pools, and Grounds. I'm thinking prerelease weekend is my time to grab them

kirblar

I just hope they come out and say they are doing all 10, like they did with the shocks. Don't jerk people around.

Where are these going to end up price-wise? Follow a similar trend to the RTR shocks?.

Speaking of shocks, I still need to get Temples, Pools, and Grounds. I'm thinking prerelease weekend is my time to grab them
They were ~12ish in Standard. Should end up back around the same place.

You'll want to grab the shocks after rotation, yeah, or as people are cashing out. Lots will hold onto them due to fetches, though.

Yeef

These (the allied fetches) will be opened, on average, more than Shocks, assuming equal sales to RTR. The allied fetches will be opened in 5 packs during the block draft.

If the enemy fetches are only in the 3rd set, they get 3 packs; it they're in the 2nd and 3rd, they get 6 packs.

Shocks in RTR were each in 4 packs (plus the small chance of opening them in DGM).

In any case, I'm interested to see what cards in Khans, interact favorably with the fetches. Other than Courser, Ob Nixilis and Griptide, I can't think of any cards that really care much about fetches in standard from Theros Block and M15.

kirblar

Well, guess I'm going to be stuck with this delta lol. Will be interesting to see how this changes modern if it does at all.
Shard mana baases get a lot better. Wedges were preferred.

Only two cycles that need to be printed now are enemy manlands, and enemy fastlands to even everything out.

duxstar

Remember when Courser was a $5 rare ? Lol I thought I was smart selling them when they were at $15.

I'm buying 2 tomorrow at my lgs before the price gets out of hand (hopefully)

Zocano

Well.

I panic bought a set of Coursers. $10/ea

I haven't played standard since last december but I was planning to get back into it with KTK. The fetches just make me... well mega-hyped to say the least. But it also meant I never got a chance to get some Coursers and definitely needed them (I was looking into a BUG list and the BUG charm looks hella sweet).

I'm scared to think of the price of a Courser in a few months. Too bad I won't be getting Nissa's for a decent price for a while ):

Zocano

Probably not but that was the fastest impulse buy I've done in several months.

Also I have something very worthwhile to trade for my Liliana's now while she's still $50.

Because of this thread, I went online and turned a Strand and a Heath into 1x of each Theros block Temple, an Underground Sea and 2x Courser with a handful of tix to spare. Not bad for a few minutes work. I'm counting on those Coursers to go up, since I don't need them at all, and it's purely a speculative buy.

ironmang

Was planning on using Courser anyways so just went on and grabbed one of these fleeting $40/playset deals.

Because of this thread, I went online and turned a Strand and a Heath into 1x of each Theros block Temple, an Underground Sea and 2x Courser with a handful of tix to spare. Not bad for a few minutes work. I'm counting on those Coursers to go up, since I don't need them at all, and it's purely a speculative buy.

How'd you do this? Looking to get rid of my delta lol.

edit: nvm you're talking about mtgo :(

Crocodile

These (the allied fetches) will be opened, on average, more than Shocks, assuming equal sales to RTR. The allied fetches will be opened in 5 packs during the block draft.

If the enemy fetches are only in the 3rd set, they get 3 packs; it they're in the 2nd and 3rd, they get 6 packs.

Shocks in RTR were each in 4 packs (plus the small chance of opening them in DGM).

In any case, I'm interested to see what cards in Khans, interact favorably with the fetches. Other than Courser, Ob Nixilis and Griptide, I can't think of any cards that really care much about fetches in standard from Theros Block and M15.

Delve

Also fetches help cast your 2+ color spells :p

kirblar

Buy the other two if you want to play Standard. (Caryatid also a good investment.)

f0rk

The RUG team sounds good, or even just RG. Chandra + Courser is even better with fetches, plus another good red planeswalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom