• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
chiefoftheedge.jpg
chiefofthescale.jpg

Clever how they show the differences between two clans at the same mana cost. This also disproves the theory that Mardu two-color cards will only be RW and BR.

This is neat in a kind of Brothers Yamazaki way, but I'm really surprised they ate up two B/W uncommon slots in the file on these.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";129433874]Wow, embodiment of spring is a fantastic limited common.[/QUOTE]

A 1 CC common that blocks morphs and ramps? Yep.

How low will the fetches go?

I think I'm buying at $10

If all 10 of them end up getting printed this block, then we could see them go lower than that. Some of the RtR shocklands were down to like 6 bucks at one point.

Buying them when they hit 10 is completely reasonable though. It's hard to say how the new rotation schedule is going to change card valuations.

I don't know anything about standard, but 4x Chief of the Edge, 4x Oreskos Swiftclaw, 4x Tormented Hero seems like a nice BW aggro creature base at the low end.

sgjackson

chiefoftheedge.jpg
chiefofthescale.jpg

Clever how they show the differences between two clans at the same mana cost. This also disproves the theory that Mardu two-color cards will only be RW and BR.

Wonder if warriors are a theme for black/white/x in limited.

Edit: Rabblemaster's also a warrior. Not much of a constructed player but I imagine that's noteworthy on some level.

Someone of Salvation is posting alleged unspoiled cards. Some of them seem pretty cool: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/571712-new-cards-no-images

Burn Away fills a slot I've always wanted in cube.

I don't see much of a point in looking at that when everything will be revealed, complete with art and flavor text, in less than two days.

Anyway, some more cards with (blurry) art and flavor text!
retributionoftheancients.jpg

This seems good as a build-around.

highsentinelsofarashin.jpg

This seems like a limited bomb.

That milling artifact seems super obnoxious. It's also better than Millstone (not that that's super impressive, but Millstone was used as a kill condition in control decks back in the day).

If that's real and it's rare, it could go places.

y2dvd

I don't see much of a point in looking at that when everything will be revealed, complete with art and flavor text, in less than two days.

Anyway, some more cards with (blurry) art and flavor text!
retributionoftheancients.jpg

This seems good as a build-around.

highsentinelsofarashin.jpg

This seems like a limited bomb.
Is the bird not standard playable? Sure it's no Resto Angel (what is?) but 3/4 flying for 4cmc with upside and things to do with mana late game makes this seem playable to me. Goes with Ajani's Pridemage I think it's called.

duxstar

Is the bird not standard playable? Sure it's no Resto Angel (what is?) but 3/4 flying for 4cmc with upside and things to do with mana late game makes this seem playable to me. Goes with Ajani's Pridemage I think it's called.

This is the question I'm asking myself right now

On any abzan board its almost assuredly a 4/5 at minimum when it hits the field, and permanently buff's your guys, including soldier of the pantheon. Question is; is it too slow ? It's hard to say how fast the format is going to go, and if it's slowed down just enough it should be a great card.

ElyrionX

So if I want to be playing Modern with my UWR and UR Twin decks right around the time KTK rolls around, I have no choice but to pony up for a playset of Scalding Tarns and suck up the loss when they get reprinted in the second or third set right?

Kipe

So if I want to be playing Modern with my UWR and UR Twin decks right around the time KTK rolls around, I have no choice but to pony up for a playset of Scalding Tarns and suck up the loss when they get reprinted in the second or third set right?

You might be able to get away with running two or three Scalding Tarns and then two or three Arid Mesas with the Polluted Deltas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is the question I'm asking myself right now

On any abzan board its almost assuredly a 4/5 at minimum when it hits the field, and permanently buff's your guys, including soldier of the pantheon. Question is; is it too slow ? It's hard to say how fast the format is going to go, and if it's slowed down just enough it should be a great card.

Use Ajani to make it faster.

ultron87

Would've been nice if it was a 0/0 token that enters with X +1/+1 counters to take advantage of all those effects. Still wanna put it in a horrible deck with the turtle.

joelseph

Desecration Demons see play at that slot with downside. I think White has been looking for something like this since Resto. My vote is it will see play.

bigkrev

I predict I will loose every single game of limited that Ride Down is cast against me.

briberspurse.jpg

I like this a lot for limited as well. Reminds me of Tumble Magnet, but saleable.

y2dvd

My early Warrior's build!

32 Creatures
4xTormented Hero
4xBloodsoaked Warrior
4xGnarled Scarhide (not a warrior, but it's another 1drop that can bestow)

4xOreskos Swiftclaw
4xBorderland Maurader
4XWar-Named Aspirant
4xChief of the Edge

3xGoblin Rabblemaster

1xZurgo Helmsmasher/Butcher of the Horde

6 Spells
4xRide Down
1xSpear of Heliod
1xMardu Charm

22 Lands

I thought about putting Chief of the Scale in there, but I think you just want to go straight aggro so more defense isn't needed. Sure, you may get hit with Drown in Sorrow or Anger of the Gods, but I think this is the right move. Zurgo can probably be replaced, but I want to test it out. Butcher is a mana cheaper and can grant haste so that is probably better. Mardu Ascendancy is too slow, so one charm takes its place. I can probably cut 2 creatures for 2 more lands because of being tricolor, or for 2 Boon of Erebos.

en_877icbxucp.png

It would have been better if it put the extra cards in your graveyard, but I suppose that would have allowed you to chain different copies of this. It's still pretty good.

Do remember that was just a hypothesis and Wizards never said anything about that. It is odd that they didn't go down that path regardless, though.

I suppose this means that the change the clans undergo across the block will be more strongly connected to enemy relationships than ally.

Firemind

en_877icbxucp.png

It would have been better if it put the extra cards in your graveyard, but I suppose that would have allowed you to chain different copies of this. It's still pretty good.
Impulse on steroids. I like.

Too bad there are no combos available in standard. Well, two card combos.

OnPoint

Do remember that was just a hypothesis and Wizards never said anything about that. It is odd that they didn't go down that path regardless, though.

I suppose this means that the change the clans undergo across the block will be more strongly connected to enemy relationships than ally.

Set 3 could reverse it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Huh...thats actually pretty clever. They're using the tension of Delve, the way that it eats up the resource you need to use it, to their advantage by using it as a way of restricting how many times you're likely to be able to play an effect, at least cheaply. This and treasure cruise are both powerful if you play them once, but have decreasing returns because of Delve's "flaw"

kirblar

Huh...thats actually pretty clever. They're using the tension of Delve, the way that it eats up the resource you need to use it, to their advantage by using it as a way of restricting how many times you're likely to be able to play an effect, at least cheaply. This and treasure cruise are both powerful if you play them once, but have decreasing returns because of Delve's "flaw"
That's how Delve works. Each Delve card you add makes every other Delve card worse. It's why it's the opposite of parasitic.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That's how Delve works. Each Delve card you add makes every other Delve card worse. It's why it's the opposite of parasitic.

Sure, and while I knew that was a drawback that kept them from using it as a block mechanic I guess I didn't think they'd use it as a chance to do some powerful effects that they're fine with someone getting for cheap...once

Ancestrall Recall is a little less busted when you can only play it once, and only probably after turn 3

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dig Through Time is good even at moderate levels of Delve and ridiculous at a full 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom