• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Plenty of abilities, useful late-game ability, cheap CC. Might have been a bit of an overkill for an uncommon. Doesn't seem great at first glance, but we'll see. At the very least repeatable draw is nice in limited.

That's way too complex for an uncommon - it has three static abilities and an activated one. I will admit we've often underestimated cards with lots of text before, so maybe this is different.

Yeef

Should have just been Baleful Strix. I wonder how good it would have been in Standard...
Putting a colored artifact in a set full of colorless cards with colored mana would make less experienced players' heads spin.

*Plays Mist Intruder*

"So that's a blue Eldrazi?"
"No, it's colorless."
"I thought only artifacts and lands were colorless."
"Normally, but in this set certain creatures are also colorless, even though they have a colored mana cost."
"Oh, okay."

*Plays Baleful Strix*

"Oh, I get it! That's colorless, right? Because it's an artifact?"
"No, it's actually a blue and black and gold card."
"Oh... okay... :|"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean the eldrazi version of baleful strix

Who cares if it's an artifact or not? :lol

Baleful Drone

Strix is a really obnoxious fucking creature though. You really gotta watch out for deathtouch on little obnoxious dudes like that, I suppose.

Jhriad

seems I have some new hits on my pucatrade list

lScrkKY.png

Whaaa?

Is there a Slivers deck that's doing well? What's running Sidisi? I am intrigued.

Angry Grimace

I don't think they want people running 8 copies of Baleful Strix.

I don't think anyone would run 8 Baleful Strix in Legacy and its not legal in Modern to begin with

Whaaa?

Is there a Slivers deck that's doing well? What's running Sidisi? I am intrigued.

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/slivers_with_adam_bowman.html

Sidisi? It's a cheap spec. I don't bother to make sends unless the points are more than like ~400, so I leave it on there in case I could package it off, but there's always a guy or two looking for Sidisi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom