• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

red13th

This seems like a weird swap. The cards don't really have similar functions. I mean sure you can say they both fetch creatures but they do it in different ways and go in different decks.

And they are both 2 CC. Yes, they don't go in the same deck but Leap was the most expendable green card in my Cube which is why I made the cut. It was either Leap or Wall of Blossoms and I like Wall a tiny bit better. Finding cuts for non-staples is a big a problem with 360s.
Also, I didn't feel the need to lower my curve either since green 2 CC is ridiculously stacked.

I wonder how the Handlands would be if they were a suped up Buddy/Check Land. Something like "Fortified Village CIPT unless you control a forest and a Plains". I mean, it would work with Tangolands a lot better then the current form while still needing basics to work entirely.

This may be why they aren't doing so hot- the doublechecks and handlands have negative synergy.
That is probably part of it, but I still think its the correct decision in ally color decks to play the showlands. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in those decks they're better than basics.

I think a better argument could be made that they're worse than evolving wilds though in non aggro decks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like the secret battle in this thread as to what to call the lands.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Holy fuck it WAS the CEO.

Pretty fucking clear, yeah? Before, MaRo "no commented" anything about the list and for a time, strictly refused to answer any sort of question. Looks like the new guy may be interesting in, idk, making money or something.

An-Det

prettyflyforajeskai asked: Do you think we could see more cards taken off the reserve list in the future?
MaRo: It’s definitely a possibility.

Oh damn, I'm liking the new CEO already.

Oh man what a conversation that had to be

"That's it? That's stupid"

Oh to be a fly on the wall there. I imagine the new guy coming in on the hype of building their digital infrastructure and discovering shit like the reserved list and constantly having that reaction.

Rules question, let's say you have olivia out, play a loam dryad discard a fiery temper to it, does the loam dryad have haste to pay for it at the time already?
I would guess yes, bc the resolution that causes you to discard also gives the creature haste. So the dryad could be tapped by the time you were to cast a madness card.

I would guess yes, bc the resolution that causes you to discard also gives the creature haste. So the dryad could be tapped by the time you were to cast a madness card.

That's where I sided, since the card was discarded but I'm not sure it resolved with that

Pretty sure it doesn't, the chance to pay for madness resolves before Olivia's ability finishes resolving

and this is also reasonable so idk.

Says it was a tumblr screw up of posting the answer to the wrong question

Most likely explanation is he misread it as "Restricted List." Second most likely is that after keeping up a family-friendly, brand-appropriate public face 24/7 he wanted to shitpost and then blame it on Tumblr to avoid any trouble.

Yeef

Rules question, let's say you have olivia out, play a loam dryad discard a fiery temper to it, does the loam dryad have haste to pay for it at the time already?
Yes. Once a spell or ability starts resolving it finishes resolving completely before anything else can happen (Panglacial Wurm notwithstanding). The madness trigger will wait to go on the stack until the ability is finished resolving, at which point the loam dryad will have haste (and be a vampire).

2nd place :(

Played Sultai Midrange(eldrazi) and lost to ramp in grand finals. Last time I played here a year ago I played Sultai Midrange(whip) and lost to ramp in grand finals. Must be fate.

More importantly, reciepts for Angry Grimace since I need to continue my legend of the infinite win-a-box champion:

riseup13syh.png

My deck can't beat direct burn. Goggles plus Fall is GG.

y2dvd

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202974197]2nd place :(

Played Sultai Midrange(eldrazi) and lost to ramp in grand finals. Last time I played here a year ago I played Sultai Midrange(whip) and lost to ramp in grand finals. Must be fate.

More importantly, reciepts for Angry Grimace since I need to continue my legend of the infinite win-a-box champion:

riseup13syh.png

My deck can't beat direct burn. Goggles plus Fall is GG.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Is Googles Ramp stronger than traditional RG Ramp decks?

Here's the interesting cards anyway:

riseupviyme.png

Unfortunately I only got one Duskwatch Recruiter and that's what I really wanted.
Nice! Is Googles Ramp stronger than traditional RG Ramp decks?

The burn angle is the main thing. I can beat any number of ramp creatures, but I can't beat a forked Fall of the Titans. If he was playing a "normal" ramp deck as opposed to the Brad Nelson 75 I would have won very easily. He beat me with burn both games.

I even Warping Wailed a Tormenting Voice!

MoxManiac

Are the double check lands the BFZ lands? At first I thought they did have synergy with the Showlands (since you can show the BFZ lands for the showlands) but I guess I can see why its an issue.

OnPoint

Do y'all think a spell like this would be printable?

Force-er Spike (U)

Instant

Force-er Spike can not be countered.

Counter target spell unless its controller
pays (1)​

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202984825]
I'm willing to trade cards for up to three Recruiters if you can guarantee they'll get to california by friday.

https://deckbox.org/sets/995603[/QUOTE]

Lemme check if I have three when I get home tonight.

Do y'all think a spell like this would be printable?

Force-er Spike (U)

Instant

Force-er Spike can not be countered.

Counter target spell unless its controller
pays (1)​

I mean, Force Spike itself is considered too strong for Modern, right?

Anyway, interesting Mothership article about the history of Limited, told through interviews with older players.

MaRo goes over mistakes, and talks about Battle for Zendikar. It's interesting to note that Battle for Zendikar design started before they decided to focus more on story with Magic Origins. They went with a big war between the Zendikari and the Eldrazi because what else would the cliffhanger of Rise of the Eldrazi lead to? He also makes an interesting analogy about their decision to focus more on Rise of the Eldrazi in their return:
Here's my analogy. I took my family to Disneyland. They had a great time. They loved all the rides and the characters and the treats. At the end of the last day, I was exhausted, so I took them to the Hall of Presidents so I could rest in an air-conditioned room. They were antsy the whole time because they could care less about animatronic presidents—except my wife, who actually found it interesting. Many years later, it's time to return to Disneyland because I know my family loved it. What do I do? I take my family to all the animatronic shows.

This brings us to my lesson:

When returning to a world, you have to return to the things that players loved about it the first time you visited.

Shadows over Innistrad is the perfect example of us embracing this philosophy. We didn't return to Avacyn Restored. We returned to Innistrad. Battle for Zendikar, in contrast, didn't return to Zendikar. We returned to Rise of the Eldrazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom