• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

uh guys

p5cVIhn.png

Eldrazi flip cards confirmed

That is awesome, I'm really curious about the regular side now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Put MOCKUPMOCKUP acoss diagonally in indented clear font.

If it doesn't happen, you can't complain about mana flood or screw for a year.

It's far easier to just make it so one of them is a flip card and the other isn't and just say if you control both you can sac them to flip the one with the flip side. There's no benefit to the BFM design and that kind of design isn't new: they've had Tron-like mechancis forever.

Also the chance of ♦ appearing on a card is like negligible, they're not gonna make colorless matters stuff

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, they literally just set up the flip design in the story.

There's no benefit to using a BFM design other than proving your theory is right. The identical in practice mechanic could be made by having Bruna's card say "Sac Gisela: Transform Bruna." and having the combo card on the reverse of Bruna's card.

Angry Grimace

I'm disappointed there's apparently lots of Eldrazi in this set. I think they're actually fucking up in a way I didn't think they could.

The only thing I can guess is that they dramatically underestimated how much people like Eldrazi and how well the Return to Zendikar would be received.

I love those two kids watching.

So, for the new OT OP, we already have the title card (moons everywhere), and the Set Details art will probably be Emrakul rising out of the water. The art at the end will probably be that. I was otherwise planning on using the merged angel art, but I don't want to scroll past that every time I edit the OP.

Ashodin

I'm ambivalent about having lots of Eldrazi in this set. I think they're actually fucking up.

I don't think we'll be having LOTS. Just certain cards morphed into eldrazi counterparts.

I love those two kids watching.

So, for the new OT OP, we already have the title card (moons everywhere), and the Set Details art will probably be Emrakul rising out of the water. The art at the end will probably be that. I was otherwise planning on using the merged angel art, but I don't want to scroll past that every time I edit the OP.

shit is scary af

Angry Grimace

I don't think we'll be having LOTS. Just certain cards morphed into eldrazi counterparts.

shit is scary af

There are at least 6 colorless cards before Emrakul, and this one is not one of them (check the collector number).

Angry Grimace

Emrakul at 7 actually has me thinking we're seeing no more than 20-25 Eldrazi in the set. Even for a small set that's not a ton, I don't feel

There's 40 in Oath of the Gatewatch. 25 is a lot for a "non-Eldrazi" set, particularly given we also have an Eldrazi tutors.

I'm not disappointed with any of this so far. I anticipated Bloodborn, I have received Bloodborn. The eldrazi filling the cosmic aspect of bloodborn fits perfectly.

I can see the angle where people are bummed about it from a continuing mechanic perspective, at least. Infect was hated by tons of people back in the day and if that had continued to appear there would have been people wouldn't have been happy. So far tho, this is just flavoring. Gameplay wise, it just seems like we're getting Innistrad mechanics with cosmic horror flavor.

Emrakul gets sealed in the moon at the end, lili breaks the chain veil during, accidentally resurrects Yawgmoth, everyone moves on to another plane, status quo restored. In hindsight the players will see that Emrakul actually drove them irrationally mad and we'll all just have a pint down at the winchester.

Angry Grimace

I'm not disappointed with any of this so far. I anticipated Bloodborn, I have received Bloodborn. The eldrazi filling the cosmic aspect of bloodborn fits perfectly.

I can see the angle where people are bummed about it from a continuing mechanic perspective, at least. Infect was hated by tons of people back in the day and if that had continued to appear there would have been people wouldn't have been happy. So far tho, this is just flavoring. Gameplay wise, it just seems like we're getting Innistrad mechanics with cosmic horror flavor.

Emrakul gets sealed in the moon at the end, lili breaks the chain veil during, accidentally resurrects Yawgmoth, everyone moves on to another plane, status quo restored. In hindsight the players will see that Emrakul actually drove them irrationally mad and we'll all just have a pint down at the winchester.

But flavor is a reason people want to see different Planes. I don't want to play Innistrad for Zendikar flavor.

Yeah, what we've seen of the Eldrazi so far is a very different presentation from what we saw in Battle for Zendikar block. Remember that people in this very thread were complaining about how BFZ didn't do much Lovecraftian Horror stuff with them.

But flavor is a reason people want to see different Planes. I don't want to play Innistrad for Zendikar flavor.

I wouldn't call Eldrazi part of the Zendikar flavor. They were after all kept separate originally, to the extent that people are actively mad that BFZ block had Eldrazi in it (to the point of hounding Maro).

Can't wait to see how people react to the coming interplanar war.

How dare they continue to use guillotines but declare guns a no go. That's such a flavor fail, there's just no way at looking at Innistrad and not asking where's the guns.

Right.. because... guillotines use.. .gunpowder (???)

Eldrazi flip cards confirmed

This was super obviously going to happen. The theme of Innistrad flip cards is "dark transformation"; Emrakul causes people and things to transform; doing flip cards lets you pay colored mana for a card that becomes colorless without using devoid.

I was expecting them to use devoid on the transformed side if it was colorless, but I guess they thought the flavor and card frame would be enough since the mana cost isn't visible.

Similarly, devoid was obviously never going to happen here since it doesn't mean anything in-block. In BFZ it's a major mechanical theme and super relevant to limited, it wouldn't do anything here.

Full art brehs

zomg this image is incredible

The real question is whether we see cards requiring colorless mana.

Maro also confirmed this is not happening today, it's a Kozilek thing only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom