• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Maybe we'll get it as a Game Day promo with no rules text, just like Utter End.

Good call! From here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwXh4srQ8w, screen cap off Reddit.

niGXpsH.png

OnPoint

Re: Startled Awake

That's a lot of mana for those effects. Screams 'Control finisher' to me, but as such, screams 'Unplayable' as well.

I like the idea of the card though. It's very cool conceptually and design-wise.

Santiako

That's a really neat design, but it seems quite underpowered.
(Talking about the blue card).

The angel sweeper could be pretty good.

DrArchon

Re: Startled Awake: Wow. Limited nightmare (heh) right there. Seriously, that's gonna be awful to play against on gameday. Lose 13 cards every, what is it, 3 turns? Yikes.

Very clever design too.

Re: Descend upon the Sinful: Reminds me of Kirtar's Wrath, which is never a bad thing. 6 mana sucks, but exiling is great. Should be an EDH workhorse.

zethren

Banned
I love that Blue mythic flavor wise, so I want to find a way to make it work. But it's janky fun, and that's all it really needs to be. It's what mythics should be.

noquarter

Really like Startled Awake. It probably will never be playable, but I really like the design of the card all around.

Gameday Promo looks good too. Might actually try to make a standard deck and see if I can get one. Rotation might help on that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Re: Startled Awake

That's a lot of mana for those effects. Screams 'Control finisher' to me, but as such, screams 'Unplayable' as well.

I like the idea of the card though. It's very cool conceptually and design-wise.

It's not a control finisher, its a silly flavor card they designed to prove they could design it. You see these every once in a while - they get in their head they need to design a quirky flavor card as a design exercise and then make it mythic. You'll be receiving these very late in draft, just like Ugin's Nexus.

jph139

Love Startled Awake. WAY too expensive for anything outside of EDH (and even then it's a lot), but it's a super cool design.

DrArchon

Sinister Concoction is hilarious
ly terrible

If they got rid of the B in the activation cost, it would be a really good limited kill spell. Cheaper than Seal of Doom, turns on Madness, helps with Delirium, all pretty good for the right deck. But thanks to that one B, you can never tap out with that on the board.

Very disappointing.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Anguished Unmaking seems to be the first no-crap, definitely going to get played card spoiled, right? Thing in the Ice is a brew around card in modern, but it's not a for sure thing. Anything else I'm missing that will for sure see constructed play?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Anguished Unmaking seems to be the first no-crap, definitely going to get played card spoiled, right? Thing in the Ice is a brew around card in modern, but it's not a for sure thing. Anything else I'm missing that will for sure see constructed play?

I will be exceptionally surprised if Avacyn doesn't see play in Standard.

Startled Awake is a card that you probably think "hey that's a neat design" until you realize you will never cast it ever and then look sad when you see it in your prerelease box.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
R/W repeatable card draw is swell. She doesn't have a way of protecting herself though. Like, at all. That's worrisome.

El Topo

Search your library for a creature card doesn't seem very white or red. Card seems pretty bad at first glance though.

OnPoint

Nahiri is... I'm not sure.

I like that she enables madness. But I'm not too sure.

It's not a control finisher, its a silly flavor card they designed to prove they could design it. You see these every once in a while - they get in their head they need to design a quirky flavor card as a design exercise and then make it mythic. You'll be receiving these very late in draft, just like Ugin's Nexus.

Anything blue, slow, and mana intensive always feels like a control finisher to me, whether it actually is or isn't haha

bigkrev

"Exile target Enchantment" seems strange on a card with red mana symbols

This looks more like a 3 mana walker than a 4 mana walker. Her protection is limited (only killing s tapped creature), her ultimate is really week unless Emrakul has an Annilator trigger, but she does come down with a ton of loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom