• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom |OT| Now it's $39.99! [On Sale For $16]

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
malingenie said:
So did you like it?

You mean Knights Contract?

Square Triangle said:
SO really, if you just don't compare it to one of the best RPGs of this generation..then everything is peachy! I get it now.

Even in a world where Folklore did not exist this will still be below average game.

jcm

I paid $11.96 just now. Also, that Amazon swimsuit model/mannequin is fucking creepy. It looks like a corpse. Anyway, looking forward to the game.

Big Papa Husker said:
I'm thinking about picking this up. Is one version better than the other? 360 vs PS3 I mean.
I don't think there's a difference. There should be a demo you can try. Well, PSN is down so you try the 360 demo. The 360 install size for the full game is only 1.8gb, which is hard to believe.

Cornbread78 said:
So, is this game worth the 12.99 it is at Gamestop right now?
I say it is.

Cornbread78

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I don't think there's a difference. There should be a demo you can try. Well, PSN is down so you try the 360 demo. The 360 install size for the full game is only 1.8gb, which is hard to believe.

I say it is.

Alright, I did it. I picked it up for 12.99 and Bioshock 2 for 9.99. 22.99 for two brand new games. not a bad deal!

dk_

cES2l.png

Tizoc

How many hours does it take to finish the game the first time, without getting all chests and seeds?

Tizoc

OK, wow 15 hours, and this is for collecting all chests, seeds and Shards and then beating the final area.
That's pretty short IMO @3@
Still enjoyed the game despite some gripes.
Oh and the final boss
is one scary nightmare-ish bitch, seriously the majority of the game seems OK for kids aside from the stealth kill attack, but this thing just blows the E rating out of the water.

I just want to toss in my nod for this game being quality through and through. One of the most enjoyable games I've played this year and regret that I didn't give it a chance sooner.

desu

Got this game recently and I have put about 5 ours into it. Must admit I am really enjoying it a lot, actually even more than I expected it. Surely not everything is perfect but overall its totally enjoyable and I almost feel bad for getting it so cheap.

i tried the demo yesterday and liked it... question for those who played through the full game:

will the environments be mostly dungeons like the demo cos i don't like that too much or will it also be magical, green environments, like forest type stuff etc?

Finaika

Winnie the Pimp said:
i tried the demo yesterday and liked it... question for those who played through the full game:

will the environments be mostly dungeons like the demo cos i don't like that too much or will it also be magical, green environments, like forest type stuff etc?
You will travel outside the castle after you meet the Majin.

PJX

Almost about to end this game and I must say it is one of the most underrated games this gen. I had written it off after playing the demo but must say it has surprised me. One of my friends got it for me on release day and it's been sitting on the shelf since then. I decided it to play it a couple of weeks ago and man its a fantastic game. Shame it is really underrated. I really like the Majin, the story makes you really kind of feel sorry for him and he doesn't get annoying.

PJX said:
Almost about to end this game and I must say it is one of the most underrated games this gen. I had written it off after playing the demo but must say it has surprised me. One of my friends got it for me on release day and it's been sitting on the shelf since then. I decided it to play it a couple of weeks ago and man its a fantastic game. Shame it is really underrated. I really like the Majin, the story makes you really kind of feel sorry for him and he doesn't get annoying.

I just finished the game and I agree with pretty much everything you have said. Such an underrated gem of a game.

Got and completed this over the weekend
It's a pretty nice game! It took me 14 and a half hours to complete, but I didn't collect all of the treasure or memory shards, did get the cosplay trophy among some others though
Couple of gripes would be;
-The backtracking is a bit of a pain, there's the warp rooms but even using those there's a fair few areas you need to traverse to get where you want to be
-The game could have used an extra 'gimmick', aside from the collectables the game is very linear, so i think some more extras would have fleshed it out a bit
-The ending pretty much wholly is designed to set up a sequel, which will probably never happen because of Game Republics fate

It all feels a bit like Game Republic's take on a Zelda style adventure, I really liked the puzzles, and the presentation (great music) and the little touches like different outfits
Another thing I was really impressed by was the controls, they're very responsive and the platforming is spot on, no iffy control at all

Game has got nothing on Foklore (awesome game) but for the price you can get it for now, it's definitely worth picking up

Atolm

BlazingDarkness said:
-The ending pretty much wholly is designed to set up a sequel, which will probably never happen because of Game Republics fate

The game has an additional ending iirc, it's unlocked if you have all the collectibles.

Jhoan

so this game is 5.50 on amazon for anybody that is interested

I thought it was worth it at 9.98. It's surprisingly good; kind of like Zelda in that there's environmental puzzles to solve and the boss battles are like puzzles. Plus there's Metroid style backtracking to use new found abilities on. While I haven't beaten it yet, it's a good game so screw the haters and the reviews.

ced

Just went back after a year hiatus and knocked this one out.

This is one of the better games I've completed in the last couple of years.

Once again it's a shame the shitty (not all, but you get the point) AAA titles get the $ and these types don't.

Top Bottom