• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

silva1991

So I kinda fucked it up with Kafie and we lost that golden mask. do I need to do the whol thing again with going to mayors office and delivering the message ..ETC??

Ants

So I kinda fucked it up with Kafie and we lost that golden mask. do I need to do the whol thing again with going to mayors office and delivering the message ..ETC??

yep. well. all the mayor stuff is optional but absolutely every interaction with kafei and anju has to be repeated

you should take advantage of the save mechanism in the game, although you couldn't have known it would be difficult.

the good news is it honestly does not take very long to get to that point if you make good use of the song of double time

Yrael

The new difficulty of retrieving the Sun Mask completely caught me by surprise - I think it's the first time I've ever unintentionally failed to get it back. I felt so bad for Kafei! (I was fortunate that I just so happened to have saved the game on the final day).

zigg

there are only four aren't there...after the piece of heart it is done?
You can do it again if you want for 1:40, but the good prizes are gone.

I thought you needed it too ? Some tokens would be hard to get without it
Anyway hookshot makes it less of a chore if you want to wait for it, and the reward is not too exciting :p
I prefer doing it with the hookshot, but yeah, it's not required.

Maybe they meant the ocean spider house? All you need to do the swamp one is everything up through the bow. Bring magic beans, bottled bugs and bottled water, as well.
It's kind of funny—I'd forgotten what it was like to need to bring items into mini-dungeons in Zelda games. Always had everything I needed in every other game.

zigg

Is it supposed to be possible to complete gaming quests? I thought I did these, but they're still cluttering up the Ongoing section.

Win three times in a row (each day)

I don't know about the shooting galleries tho. Beat them once each, got both quiver upgrades, but then they're still here. Beat the clock town one again but he gave me rupees, so what the hell ?

I don't know about the shooting galleries tho. Beat them once each, got both quiver upgrades, but then they're still here. Beat the clock town one again but he gave me rupees, so what the hell ?

That means that there's still some other reward to be won. In the case of the shooting galleries I think there's both a quiver upgrade and a heart piece to be won in each.

zigg

They're three completely different mini games, so I wouldn't say it's padding.
I think I misunderstood. I have to do all three in one cycle? Because I've done each one, just in separate cycles.

I thought Shuggananas was saying I had to beat them nine times in total—three times for three days.

EDIT: yeah, okay, this seems to be it, looking around. It's been way too long since I played this game last 😄

I'm about to finish the game, all I have left to do is the Moon business. Basically the only things I didn't like about this remake were the swimming, and the Gyorg fight. The Gyorg fight is actually a great example in how to take an intense and interesting boss fight and make it really pedestrian and boring. I really don't know who thought this new version was better. It's a snore.

Maybe they meant the ocean spider house? All you need to do the swamp one is everything up through the bow. Bring magic beans, bottled bugs and bottled water, as well.

Actually, you only need the magic beans, and an empty bottle or two. You can find the bugs and water in the swamp house, courtesy of the Swamp Tourism Center. ;)

Ambitious

Four eggs in the pirates fortress, and I've got only three bottles. And one of them is already used to carry some red potion for
the injured soldier, but I'm out of magic and can't find any magic jars in order to use the Lens of Truth
. Fuck.

edit: Good lord. I thought my game was bugged. After dropping the last egg into the tank, nothing happened. Did I really collect all eggs or did I miss one? So I checked all spots again. And indeed, there was an egg in one of the tanks in the fortress. But I had been there before, so how could it still be there? I collected it and returned the the research lab. Dropped it, and nothing happened - again. I returned to the pirate fortress yet another time, and the egg was still there. Back to the research lab. When I pressed the button to drop it, a fish came out of the bottle. A goddamn fish.

..There are two or three fishes in the same tank as the last egg. The whole time, I didn't pay attention to neither the "You captured X in a bottle!" message nor to what actually came out of the bottle in the research lab. The whole time, I kept capturing fishes instead of that one egg.

Rich!

Four eggs in the pirates fortress, and I've got only three bottles. And one of them is already used to carry some red potion for
the injured soldier, but I'm out of magic and can't find any magic jars in order to use the Lens of Truth
. Fuck.

The nearest magic jars are in the spider house

So uh yeah, I had the same issue.

zigg

Cleared all the gaming quests. For H&D and Deku Playground, do all three in one cycle. For shooting galleries, get perfect (or nearly-perfect) scores. Fin.

FYI to all on this thread (since I cannot make a post about it), for those that haven't already seen this:

Update 1.1 is now available to North American region MM 3D copies of the game.

Just saw it this morning when trying to smash through the Stone Tower Temple earlier... (only had 5 minutes left before I found the boss door... shoot. Had to reset the dungeon... :-/ )

Chuckie

Finished the third temple

At first I loved it, but it did get a bit tedious. It was well designed though. Eery music.
I loved the boss fight although it was a bit easy. The fish didn't inhale enough though....so I spent a lot of time killing off tiny fish.
Now time for some rest :p

protonion

About a quest pre 3rd temple.

Ok how do I complete the quest about the lights at the Zora place?
I light them. Then what?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I managed to get all but one of the spiders without the beans. I think you "need" them for two, but I reached one by shooting it while it was over a wooden box, climbing on the box, putting on the goron mask, and doing the curl pound/jump to reach it. I was pretty proud of that one.

I had forgotten entirely that you could even put anything but bugs in those patches. ;_;

ASIS

Just got the Zora Mask… Yeah this is the only change so far that I'm not a fan of.

On a brighter note, Oh my god is aiming with motion controls satisfying. I'm so happy that Zelda U will concentrate on arrows because my god they feel like heaven.

KarmaCow

At the Twinmold boss and good lord they have completely ruined it, to the point it's just frustrating.

I really don't understand this. At worst, they made it just as boring since the original was a lot of waiting around. At least now you're
wrecking shit with your fists and slamming it into the ground

TheMoon

I really don't understand this. At worst, they made it just as boring since the original was a lot of waiting around. At least now you're

You can find people who hate anything.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I can't get the
second story from the old lady to register
. I don't know what could be going wrong, I've done it four or five times but the journal just won't fill in. I assume you get a piece of heart for it, but I haven't received it either.

KarmaCow

pls no shout at me

the ones on the map are all collected. are they hidden away in some nook and crannies that I have no idea about?

They are in the last place you'll look.

I can't get the
. I don't know what could be going wrong, I've done it four or five times but the journal just won't fill in. I assume you get a piece of heart for it, but I haven't received it either.

It's dumb IIRC,
it's not tied to the story itself, just whatever option you pick

Mr-Joker

Banned

If I wanted to
wreck shit with my fists and slamming it into the ground
I would play Donkey Kong.

The other problem I have is that Link moves soooo slow including when he get hit and getting up which makes the fight drags.

One of the worse changes they have made.

I can't get the
Same thing happened to me, I did it and was thinking there might be a glitch in the notebook, since the sequence seemed to work just like the other one that I did get a piece of heart for.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
They are in the last place you'll look.

It's dumb IIRC,
it's not tied to the story itself, just whatever option you pick
I've still got an empty red block in my journal though. It won't complete and I don't know why.

KarmaCow

If I wanted to
wreck shit with my fists and slamming it into the ground
I would play Donkey Kong.

The other problem I have is that Link moves soooo slow including when he get hit and getting up which makes the fight drags.

One of the worse changes they have made.

But you can
hit any part of the body in the second stage to deal damage for the finisher
. Link moved slow in the original as well. It's way better than waiting around for it to fly by and flailing around trying to hit the tail.

Mr-Joker

Banned
But you can
hit any part of the body in the second stage to deal damage for the finisher
. Link moved slow in the original as well. It's way better than waiting around for it to fly by and flailing around trying to hit the tail.

Don't care, I had more trouble on this one than in the original and nothing will make me like it.

Scott667

I can't get the

If you're still having problems, try answering
"I dunno"
to her question. That is the response that gets you the piece of heart for her second story. It's dumb and counter intuitive, but that's how it works.

emb

Can't for the life of me figure out how to get the last few masks I need... I've come too far to start looking up answers though.

I don't usually get so excited about doing anything beyond finishing the main game. The sidequests in this game are pretty fun.

Wow, the controls of Zora Link and the Great Bay Temple are almost enough to ruin this game. Holy shit I've never experienced more assbackwards camera control and glitching.

Top Bottom