• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Oxn

Game finally clicked for me after completion of my first dungeon.

Question: If I reset the time, will I lose my stray fairies I collect in a dungeon?

braves01

Banned
The third dungeon sucks...it sucked then, it sucks now, and it all has to do with the horrible swimming.

Game finally clicked for me after completion of my first dungeon.

Question: If I reset the time, will I lose my stray fairies I collect in a dungeon?

Yes.

Question about a sword upgrade:
I want to use gold dust to upgrade my sword but I didn't beat the second dungeon until the last day. So the hearth dude won't upgrade the sword on Day 3. I reset time and lose the gold dust. Do I have to beat the dungeon again to get the gold dust again?

Kinsei

Banned
I want to use gold dust to upgrade my sword but I didn't beat the second dungeon until the last day. So the hearth dude won't upgrade the sword on Day 3. I reset time and lose the gold dust. Do I have to beat the dungeon again to get the gold dust again?

Just the boss. When you reenter the dungeon there will be a teleporter that will take you straight to the boss.

Weiss

Banned

Reset time and return to Snowhead and you can warp right to the boss room. Every dungeon lets you do this. Kill Goht and make it spring again.

Take your sword to the blacksmiths on Day 1 and have them convert it to the Razor Sword.

Go win the Goron Race for more Gold Dust. You won't get a bottle this time.

On Day 2 return to the blacksmiths and give them the Gold Dust. They'll take your sword for another day to reforge it.

On Day 3, return and get the Gilded Sword.

I had a dream about MM the other night. It was after doing the Stone Tower Temple and seeing these guys...

latest

I dreamed that there was an enemy that was basically a Zora head, wearing the expression link wears when trasnforming into a Zora, with four bony, semi-spiderlike legs, and a longer bony fish tail. They were extremely fast and would crawl at you, and called Pseudozoras. Tatl's description of them was "It's a Pseudozora, watch out, that bony fin is dangerous."

What exactly even are these things?

Joqu

What exactly even are these things?

I always thought they were supposed to resemble Gorons and the wiki seems to agree with me. They are called Nejirons and Neji apparently means imposter in Japanese.

They're pretty neat, I wouldn't mind seeing them reappear sometime.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
so yeah, I just was able to enter the clock town business scrub's flower without triggering his "wait! Wait!" scene. o_O

Glitch?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So when you
run out of bombchu on the moon
, you still have to restart. Of all the things to not change.

Luckily I was saving between mini-dungeons. Hooray for quill statues!

SirNinja

So when you
run out of bombchu on the moon
, you still have to restart. Of all the things to not change.

I would spoiler tag that, as above.

As you mentioned, they did at least add a feather statue by the
Majora kid
, so you can just reload there if you run out. That's probably the best way to fix that particular problem, seeing as how you can't get
Bombchu any other way than from a chest or shop

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So when you run out of bombchu on the moon, you still have to restart. Of all the things to not change.

Oh god, I remember this being my least favourite thing back when I was 12.

Stone Tower is way worse than Great Bay Temple.

What ? Stone tower is a pretty good dungeon, and the fairies are not a pain in the ass compared to great bay temple

Had to use a guide for the last fairy in great bay temple. It was in a bubble hidden under something underwater.. like.. what

I'll agree that changing the swimming made the dungeon a bit more annoying though

Mostly great game. Things were soured a bit towards the end, with the elegy of emptiness having to be played, what, at least 18 times to get all the fairies; me screwing up the Kafei quest twice (once in Sakon's hideout and then by accidentally jumping into the river) and having to do most of it again for the postman; and me running out of bombchus on the moon without having saved (hadn't used bombchus before,aside from in the minigame and I guess any other possible few times I can't remember, so I wasn't aware of their timing, and at first I was aiming for the Sheikah stones. I didn't save on the moon because I wasn't 100% sure I would be able to return).

I'm pretty good at pointing out what I didn't like, but what about what I did? A lot of this game is exploring and discovering things in the world, and I enjoyed that a lot. I suppose it's arguable that the bomber kids are basically giving you quests and reducing the sense of discovery, but there's still a good amount of the world to traverse and see, and fun solutions to find alone. With a sense of exploration the kids won't be depended on in a lot of cases, too. What else? Getting to the third day during a dungeon or while completing an objective was tense and galvanising. The dungeons are all pretty great, with just a few annoyances here and there. The concept is cool and pretty well-executed. When all of that is done well for the most part, it seems you get a great game.

Joqu

So when you run out of bombchu on the moon, you still have to restart. Of all the things to not change.

Play the song of storms before the gossip stones
and it'll just let you skip it! Wonder if that's hinted by the game in any way.

No I didn't discover this myself, I ran out of bomchu too and looked up if there was anything I could do. (I've seen claims you can also use well timed regular bombs but that shit didn't work for me.)

zigg

Found this cool fan art.

ciY8qxj.jpg
Skull Kid looks like a model strolling purposefully through the woods instead of his usual self in that picture. It's surreal. 😄

What ? Stone tower is a pretty good dungeon, and the fairies are not a pain in the ass compared to great bay temple
Agreed. Stone Tower is the best dungeon.

The fairies in Great Bay were… okay. I thought I was gonna lose out because I couldn't figure out how to get to one of them though. Fairies would be impossible without the mask, though, that's for sure.

Hylian7

Finished it last night, with all masks and got FD's Mask. I forgot how that become EZ mode with that thing, like to a degree where you can just mash B and easily beat it.

I'm probably going to do it again without Fierce Deity's Mask.

Also I loved the thing after the first set of credits:
The orchestrated track sort of like the one in OoT3D

Shauni

So, I have a question about the Anju/Kafei sidequest. I guess I'll spoiler it for the super sensitive.

So, I forgot that you had to get Epona to finish this quest and hadn't got the Goron's mask yet to use the powder keg. I did the majority of the sidequest , got the Keaton mask and the Postman's hat and everything, but since I didn't have the time to get Epona I just restarted the day. My question is do I have to do the whole thing over again with the letter and the pendant and the meeting, or will Kafei be in the canyon? I'm assuming I do have to do it all again, but I wasn't sure

Conezays

So I've reached a certain Beaver sidequest.

Holy hell do I now understand the complaints about the Zora swimming. This is just awful. :(

Kriken

So, I have a question about the Anju/Kafei sidequest. I guess I'll spoiler it for the super sensitive.

So, I forgot that you had to get Epona to finish this quest and hadn't got the Goron's mask yet to use the powder keg. I did the majority of the sidequest , got the Keaton mask and the Postman's hat and everything, but since I didn't have the time to get Epona I just restarted the day. My question is do I have to do the whole thing over again with the letter and the pendant and the meeting, or will Kafei be in the canyon? I'm assuming I do have to do it all again, but I wasn't sure

Yes, it resets every cycle

Neiteio

So I've reached a certain Beaver sidequest.

Holy hell do I now understand the complaints about the Zora swimming. This is just awful. :(
The beaver sidequest is easier now since you're not ramming into walls. The goal isn't to beat the beavers — you just need to swim through the rings. And swimming through the rings is easier now due to the ability to control your speed. Just aim for a ring, pass through it, use a lil' magic to dash to the next one. Rinse and repeat.

Also note, you can get two rewards from this quest: A bottle for beating them the first time, and a Piece of Heart for beating them a second time.

I don't recall using a Powder Keg in this scenario. But yes, every time you reset the cycle, you reset the quest in its entirety.

Conezays

The beaver sidequest is easier now since you're not ramming into walls. The goal isn't to beat the beavers — you just need to swim through the rings. And swimming through the rings is easier now due to the ability to control your speed. Just aim for a ring, pass through it, use a lil' magic to dash to the next one. Rinse and repeat.

Also note, you can get two rewards from this quest: A bottle for beating them the first time, and a Piece of Heart for beating them a second time.

I don't recall using a Powder Keg in this scenario. But yes, every time you reset the cycle, you reset the quest in its entirety.

I don't know, sounds easier said than done. I've been having a nightmare of a time controlling the camera, and using the magic boost underwater. I'm on the second run at the moment-I know I'm not trying to beat the beavers, just pass through the rings.

The big issue is if you lose sight of the beaver. If you are behind him and using the boost the camera stays focused. If you screw up once, the camera stops focusing on what's in front of you. Just infuriating.

I had trouble with this in the remake as well, but never had any issue in the original game. Going full speed just felt better in the original, and the rings seemed a lot easier to pass through. I kept getting caught on the edge of some of the rings in the remake.

Kain

Finished it!

Didn't remember the (spoilers final dungeon)

Goron and Zora parts to be so frustrating.

Also dind't remember the Fierce deity mask is so broken, I did literally nothing but spam B to kill the three forms xD

Neiteio

I don't know, sounds easier said than done. I've been having a nightmare of a time controlling the camera, and using the magic boost underwater. I'm on the second run at the moment-I know I'm not trying to beat the beavers, just pass through the rings.
I barely used the boost at all. I'm fairly certain you can beat it without the boost.

Draconian

I forgot to mention if you try to use the C stick during the Goron races, the camera decides it wants to do its own thing no matter how many times you try to recenter it. I did it the first couple of times I tried the race before I realized that I was better off not touching the camera at all.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm putzing around after doing Snowhead.

The pre-Snowhead stuff was a lot faster than I remember. Did they tweak anything or is my memory fuzzy? I remember LOATHING the lead up to it, but I was at Snowhead by noon on the first day.

Chuckie

The big issue is if you lose sight of the beaver. If you are behind him and using the boost the camera stays focused. If you screw up once, the camera stops focusing on what's in front of you. Just infuriating.

I feel you bro. I just turned my 3DS because of that race. I'll try again tomorrow when I am fresh and fit.

Neiteio

I'm putzing around after doing Snowhead.

The pre-Snowhead stuff was a lot faster than I remember. Did they tweak anything or is my memory fuzzy? I remember LOATHING the lead up to it, but I was at Snowhead by noon on the first day.
Nope. It's all the same.

I wonder how long you have before the hot spring water expires. I think if you fall in the icy pond it cools faster. I say this because I kept jumping down from Darmani's grave, into the icy pond, and I'd just -barely- make it to the Goron Elder before the water cooled.

Conezays

I feel you bro. I just turned my 3DS because of that race. I'll try again tomorrow when I am fresh and fit.

I understand. I messaged brother that I was in pure rage before work over "a fucking beaver race in Zelda" and he was dying laughing.

McNum

I got an update for the game. It now says ver. 1.1 on the title screen.

Any idea what that does? It does feel like something has changed, but I can't figure out what. I mean, MM3D always had Anti-aliasing in 2D mode, right? It's not that, is it?

emb

Any idea what that does? It does feel like something has changed, but I can't figure out what. I mean, MM3D always had Anti-aliasing in 2D mode, right? It's not that, is it?
Thread about it here: www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1000289
1) no more "ERROR" messages
2) fixed the glitch with the sword at the Honey and Darling Minigame, that allows you to go swordless. The exploit can be used to use any item (including the Fierce Deity's Mask) from anywher in the game.
3) more stability jokes
Honestly, the update seems like it's a pure negative. I don't know much about the glitch, but at face value it sounds like they paid someone to waste their time actively making the game worse. Maybe the stability part is legit though, like I said I don't know much about it.

Labrys

Fixes swordless link glitch, and stability I think.

Top Bottom