• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

I heard a reporter say that there was a Ukraine military plane in the same area. He speculated that the rebels might have locked the missile onto the wrong plane. Sounds possible to me.

Do we know yet why the plane was flying in controlled space in the first place?

I heard a reporter say that there was a Ukraine military plane in the same area. He speculated that the rebels might have locked the missile onto the wrong plane. Sounds possible to me.

Related to what I was asking. Why would you want your commercial plane anywhere near that noise?

Pickman

Just a thought but they should probably be leaving those passports on the corpses for help identifying them.

Probably looting the corpses. Bloody despicable.

bildschirmfoto2014-07twe7t.png

https://twitter.com/Spiriana/status/489816804961697792

I say too late, They caught them red handed now.

yeah, those are Dutch passports alright... :(

has the official passenger list been disclosed yet? I mean, considering how quickly social media are picking this up there is no time to wait on that. I know it will be bad for the families, but it's either that or finding out through the internet...

catmincer

I don't doubt it was a mistake at all. But at the same time they killed hundreds of innocent people so şomething needs to happen to stop this happening again.

This is what BUK system looks like:

qZkfTDQ.jpg

So it's pretty much certain that Russia provided this weapon to the separatists. No other explanation.

Munin

Wonder if this is the death blow for Malaysian Airlines. This time it is absolutely not their fault and even after the first crash the chance of that happening again is 0.000000001% but people make decisions irrationally and go by their gut.

moai

wtf they are showing the pictures in the passports on that stream. relatives should be informed from proper authorities, not by tv.

This is what BUK system looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/qZkfTDQ.jpg[IMG]

So it's pretty much certain that Russia provided this weapon to the separatists. No other explanation.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Knoxcore, post: 121454182"]Hilarious if you ask me. Now the question is where did they get it.[/QUOTE]

People have already posted a link citing an article about them boasting about having captured a BUK system from Ukraine.

SJRB

Gold Member
Mostly Dutch passports in this picture :(

The Russian stream showed a man opening some of the passports, they were kids from Blaricum [a place here in the Netherlands]. Full pictures and names shown.

It's just surreal, their relatives probably don't even know what happened yet.

This is terrible. I wish shit like this didn't happen. The pictures of the wreckage, especially the one with bodies, broke me. I'm sitting here in tears wondering how people can do something like this to others. It's sickening.

Rest in peace to those who lost their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom