• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Drifts A Stop Sign; Is Choked, Tased & Beaten Savagely By Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Sentenced to 13 months - 10 years

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/83907936-story

There is a full statement by the judge at the link. I just started it and seems like a pretty brutal call out of police and their practices.

EDIT: She goes on to call out the bigger problems of low salary, training, and mental support resources for cops. There's no new information, we all know these are big problems, but it's great to hear someone with some power say it.

"At least give me the satisfaction of knowing you're out there beating up niggers right now," Melendez texted Zieleniewski in March, the Guardian reports.

"[Lol], just got done with one," Zieleniewski responded.

What in the fuck? He also had past lawsuits of killing civilians and planting evidence? 12 lawsuits and this dude still had a job. Holy fucking shit.

In one damning moment from the trial, Melendez and his partner were also revealed to have exchanged racist text messages a few months after attacking Dent. "At least give me the satisfaction of knowing you're out there beating up niggers right now," Melendez texted Zieleniewski in March, the Guardian reports.

"[Lol], just got done with one," Zieleniewski responded.

But its not about race tho'.

Chunky

Fucking rot you despicable little cunt. I truly believe in prison being first and foremost for rehabilitation, but this miserable prick deserves to be thrown in the deepest fucking pit on earth and forgotten. Not that forgetting will be easy for all the innocent people left in his wake. What a worthless sack of shit.

Elginer

tumblr_mp9cgnna9q1sxq01eo1_500.gif

So glad to see that for once this shit didn't just pass like it seems to all the damn time.

UPDATE: Sentenced to 13 months - 10 years

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/83907936-story

There is a full statement by the judge at the link. I just started it and seems like a pretty brutal call out of police and their practices.

EDIT: She goes on to call out the bigger problems of low salary, training, and mental support resources for cops. There's no new information, we all know these are big problems, but it's great to hear someone with some power say it.

*applause*

What a wonderful reason to see this thread bumped.

hunchback

I'm very happy this racist piece of garbage was convicted but angry about his sentence.
He will either be in a protected section in prison or they will send him to a luxury prison like Ceo's and other white non violent criminals. He won't learn his lesson and he will be the same piece of garbage when he is released.

They always protect police whenever they serve time. Some places even have sections for just police who have been convicted. They get to hang out together and laugh about their deeds.

This is horrible of me to say but I want him to feel scared for his life every second he is behind bars. This shouldn't be a vacation for him.

I read the Yahoo article, I realized Melendez did the beating, but did his partner get any type of punishment? He seems like just as much of a scumbag as Melendez.

I was about to comment that the cop should be put in prison, and it seems that he certainly was, thankfully. Did it ever come out that his claim of being bitten was a lie? If so, isn't there something that he can be charged with for that? Or is it it enough that the lie could serve Dent well in a civil suit?

RS4-

When shit head cops are charged with these things, are past cases they were involved in, always looked into? Or is this here and there kind of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom