• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Found Human Skin on Fast-Food Restaurant Sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirBrian

Man Says He Found Skin on Sandwich

DAYTON, Ohio - A man is suing a fast-food restaurant operator for more than $50,000, claiming he found a slice of skin on his chicken sandwich.

David Scheiding filed the lawsuit in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on April 1 after rejecting a settlement offer from GZK Inc., his lawyer said. GZK owns the Arby's restaurant in Tipp City where he bought the sandwich.

Scheiding said he realized something wasn't right when he bit into the sandwich on June 18 and found a piece of flesh about three-fourths of an inch long.

"It looked like I was seeing fingerprints on it," he said. "I got sick and went to the bathroom."

Miami County health investigators talked to the restaurant manager, who had a bandage on his right thumb and wore a latex glove, according to a health district report. The manager said he sliced skin from the thumb while shredding lettuce, and sanitized the area but didn't throw away the bin of lettuce, the report said. Scheiding's sandwich contained lettuce.

"Why wasn't the food searched, and why wasn't it thrown away?" said Scheiding's lawyer, Hank Hyde.

Christine Koeller, vice president of marketing and communications with GZK, said what happened was unintentional.

"(The manager) did destroy product that was in and around the slicer immediately, and did everything that he thought was appropriate to do," Koeller said.
:lol :lol Caught red-handed...(or something like that)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...e=17&u=/ap/20050425/ap_on_re_us/sandwich_skin

soygreen3.jpg

"Arby's is PEOPLE!"

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
truffleshuffle83 said:
thats funny i live in dayton and i hadnt heard about this, then again it doesnt surprise me, people here are retards

Another poster fron Dayton? I live in Huber Heights myself.

truffleshuffle83 said:
no but just like the lady found a finger in her chili im sure someone is just tryin to make a buck quick.
The situations might be analagous if someone working at the Wendy's admittedly chopped off their finger and did a poor job of cleaning it up.

i lived in huber but moved to fairborn. still work in huber though

didnt read the part about the manager admitting he dropped part of his thumb in there lol that is nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom