• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

HoodWinked

super hero origin stories have become so ridiculously formulaic so im glad Nolan and Snyder made the film the way they did. non linearity, breaking up the segments.

super hero origin stories have become so ridiculously formulaic so im glad Nolan and Snyder made the film the way they did. non linearity, breaking up the segments.

Yes, I was so relieved I didn't have to suffer through 30-40 min of cliche backstory

Really liked the approach they took

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

i agree. Saw it last night, loved it, thought it was really well done and very entertaining and I've never been a big fan of superman.

Havnt read any of the thread or any critics opinion are people really criticizing this movie a lot?

effzee

Just came back from will post lengthy thoughts on it later. It had its flaws but overall easily best Superman movie and I'd give it a solid 8/10. Really liked it!

So, I just got out. I'll have more when I get home, but I'd just to say this:

IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD. IT IS SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Cavill was great, Adams was great, everyone was great.

The Battle of Smallville (yes, I'm textbooking this shit) was so awesome. The Superman/Zod fight is the best comic book movie fight ever. Jesus, that was such a throwdown.

Goddamn, I gotta go back.

Tamanon

Banned
I just got home and it was quite enjoyable. Action scenes were my favorite part, and I feel Snyder really captured the impact of the superhuman fights. I loved that part.

Some of the other stuff was a little weird,
like how few people were really in danger while a city was being destroyed.

Overall, a movie combining these action scenes with Iron Man 3's dialogue would be absolute perfection.

Also, after seeing IM3, FF6, Now You See Me, and this movie....this was the first time the audience actually clapped at the end of the movie. A little odd.

Guys I'm in the theater.

I am so fuckin pumped!
I'm wearing my S t shirt

It starts in 10 min

Mah son
The buss

In the sun

God bless

I love u guys so much

Toa TAK

Banned
I SAW ITTT!

tumblr_mo39g2S3Wi1so0s3vo1_250.gif
tumblr_mnlev9O5Ro1qgb3zso2_250.gif
BJ2AiJh.gif
tumblr_mnm1cv7seM1qcn5nlo1_400.gif
tumblrmnheosqeky1qahtne.gif
fcas60.gif
9ThCKiN.gif

Great popcorn flick. Incredibly entertaining. Action was perfect, this is what Superman fighting should be. Score was powerful.
"If You Love These People" played during my favorite scene in the film.

The movie was great and I look forward to the sequel.
/review

Time for the spoiler thread.

Varna

The family is fine. He's screaming because he just snapped a person's neck and killed them.

This would have definitely fit another version of Superman. But nothing about this guy makes it seem like doing this was ever out of the question. Scene was just weird to me.

harSon

Banned
What does that have to do with an individual's decision to save something? A well-intentioned & selfless act shouldn't have to immediately register that way if they see it as necessary.

P.S. Don't own animals.

Running into a tornado to save a dog isn't a selfless act, it's idiocy, made worst by the fact that the person in question was casting aside their duties as a family man.

Tenck

I SAW ITTT!

Great popcorn flick. Incredibly entertaining. Action was perfect, this is what Superman fighting should be. Score was powerful.
"If You Love These People" played during my favorite scene in the film.

The movie was great and I look forward to the sequel.
/review

Time for the spoiler thread.

Awww yeah!!

Glad to hear you liked it.

JB1981

I'm getting the itch to see the movie again. While I did find that there was a lot to like here, the movie is very flawed and I'm hoping a directors cut is released on blu ray.

I was driving today and thinking about where I would put this movie when compared against the Marvel films. Basically this movie is better than all of them except IM1 and Avengers. The rest of the Marvel output is mediocre. I am very much looking forward to a sequel with a more traditional narrative structure.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't get the love. I really went in wanting to like the film. I'm not extremely critical of films.

It was meh to me.

I must be weird or something. Didn't do it for me.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Running into a tornado to save a dog isn't a selfless act, it's idiocy, made worst by the fact that the person in question was casting aside their duties as a family man.

As a dog owner I don't see what's so ridiculous. After awhile of having a dog, it basically becomes another family member. He thought he could saved the dog and make it back in time.

Sulik2

Saw this today and really enjoyed it. My biggest complaint about this movie was Pa Kent. He just didn't feel quite right. I am better there was more of him left on the cutting room floor that would have made him seem more normal. The second act was a little disjointed but it can together in the third act.

Michael Shannon was termendous. Someone needs to get him and Benedict Cumberbatch in the same movie and see which one can be more intense. Henry Cavill looked perfect as Superman and I loved the costume design.The action was truly spectacular. The scale was amazing. And the way they portrayed the speed of the Kryptonians was awesome. This is what god's battling should look like. Now let me see Superman fighting Darkseid on this scale.

As a dog owner I don't see what's so ridiculous. After awhile of having a dog, it basically becomes another family member.
He thought he could saved the dog and make it back in time.

Yeah if it weren't for
the dog moving and the car flipping and pinning him, he would have made it back.

fleck0

I wasn't planning to see this but a friend had a free pass. Really enjoyed it more than I thought I would, really didn't like returns and hadn't watched any trailers.

Best Dragonball Z movie I've seen. Will pay to see the sequel.

Top Bottom