• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
IIRC the first person Naruto's TnJ works on while in the field.

Too bad Kishi doesn't give a shit about him anymore

I know, you should see the ToonamiGAF thread. We love him. We'll all be sad and disappointed soon enough, but Kakashi gives us good times now if nothing else.

Are we really up to date on Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma? I know were still a few chapters behind in Haikyuu!!, but it feels like its been weeks since the last of those other series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rage Town

Is the new source of rage going to be the fact that nothing is happening and the manga just keeps going? Judges say....yes, yes it is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I much prefer reading manga to watching anime and 220 episodes is a hell of a lot.

Naruto Volume 3

This was a pretty good volume. The tragic story was meh and the training was pretty boring but the fight has been pretty good so far. I've heard that Sakura is useless but to not even fight in the first major arc is pretty bad. Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi are all fighting and she's just standing there doing nothing. Naruto's still pretty anoying but he's mostly just a standard shounen hero. Sasuke's a standard rival and Sakura's a shitty heroine. Kakashi's the best character so far. I don't really like it when one off characters get tragic back stories so Inari's past was just a waste of time. I'll continue reading later.

110 of them are filler

Quasar

Sekirei 139

Finally. A bit about Miyas past and Takehito. Its certainly been a long time coming.

Still some setting bits, like the jinko, arent very clear to me.

Oyasumi PunPun
This is one depressing manga but relatable at times. Not even close to catching up but I think I'm going to read this author's other works while reading this.

Fox318

I have a feeling it's going to actually start moving along now. I dunno, it's just a feeling though. If nothing else the chapter was sort of adorable.

It started out so cute , strange , and fun but Tsubaki has just been emasculated lately.

Solune

You keep grabbing good stuff.
I've picked volume 4 earlier this month, it was really nice.
EuroGAF seems to have good taste
Hayate 391

This manga should be nothing but Fumi chapters. Or Hinagiku chapters, either works.

NPC A is clearly a man of excellent taste.
I'm Okay With This.jpg
IIRC the first person Naruto's TnJ works on while in the field.

Too bad Kishi doesn't give a shit about him anymore

He doesn't care about anyone except if they are named Sasuke.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am honestly mind-blown by the fact that some of you are still involving yourself with KNIM.

I mean, is this one of those "well we are already wet so might as well swim!" shenanigans?

KNIM

Knowing almost nothing about this series I had to read this weeks chapters because all these post about nothing got me interested in what exactly is nothing... well uh I guess you can say, yeah it pretty much was nothing

wonzo

Banned
I am honestly mind-blown by the fact that some of you are still involving yourself with KNIM.

I mean, is this one of those "well we are already wet so might as well swim!" shenanigans?
uruseiyatsura40-1.jpg

Kusagari

KNIM

Knowing almost nothing about this series I had to read this weeks chapters because all these post about nothing got me interested in what exactly is nothing... well uh I guess you can say, yeah it pretty much was nothing

Let me show you the image that perfectly sums up KNIM.

cp74y.png

dumbyugi

Yes really. He hit Haku a few times and told Inari to man up. Kakashi killed Haku, was about to finish off Zabuza and scared the other ninja off by cloning himself.

Naruto Volume 4

The fights were pretty entertaining but I disliked the quite a bit of this arc. Zabuza was fine but Haku really annoyed me. I hated that they were making it seem like he was a pure boy free of sin when he killed his Dad and probably many more people since. Sakura did nothing except stand around and cry and Sasuke "died" just as he was starting to do stuff. Naruto is very talky but not at a level I can't handle. I've heard good things about the chuunin exam so I'll keep reading for now.

Yes really. He hit Haku a few times and told Inari to man up. Kakashi killed Haku, was about to finish off Zabuza and scared the other ninja off by cloning himself.

Naruto saved Kakashi, and defeated Haku. Kakashi would lose to Haku in 5 seconds. A small correction, Haku jumped in front of Kakashi to protect Zabuza.

dumbyugi

Naruto saved Kakashi, and defeated Haku. Kakashi would lose to Haku in 5 seconds. A small correction, Haku jumped in front of Kakashi to protect Zabuza.

Sasuke helped save Kakashi too, should it have been the Great Naruto and Sasuke bridge then? Haku gave up to Naruto, he clearly had enough energy left to kill him if he wanted. Especially since Naruto had calmed down. Kakashi would never have lost to Haku that fast for the same reason Naruto and Sasuke didn't, Haku didn't want to kill them. If he did then they all would have died and the series would be over.

Prison School 54

This series used to be fun, but it's really turned into a drag lately. There's just nothing interesting going on in the boys getting expelled out of school storyline, especially compared to the escape-for-a-date storyline. Hopefully they'll come up with some interesting scheme to stay in school and we'll get more depraved antics, instead of having everything be resolved by the girl pleading for them or some other boring bull.
Also, lot of blank backgrounds in this chapter. The excellent and detailed art is essential to making this series work, so it needs to pick up in future chapters.

Apath

I think the bridge was named after Naruto because he inspired hope into the village and that little boy. It wasn't just because he helped literally save the bridge.

It's actually amazing to think how far off the lore was back in that arc compared to where things are at now. Then it was ninjas. Now it's DBZ.

It's great to have someone to show us how bad Naurto was back then, so we can all stop complaining about the current arcs, because it was always shit.

dumbyugi

I think the bridge was named after Naruto because he inspired hope into the village and that little boy. It wasn't just because he helped literally save the bridge.

I suppose. It's just something that annoyed me a bit.

Naruto Volume 5

The exam begins! With a boring written test that wasn't tense in the slightest. The second he said no cheating it was obvious that everyone would cheat. When there was a special tenth question it was obvious that's how Naruto would pass. Some of the characters that were introduced seem cool. Rock Lee seems to be the standout so far. This second test sounds good, I love survival stuff.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 73

Her real reasoning for wearing it:
"This chapter was pretty boring, and this manga lost all narrative forward momentum like 60 chapters ago, so I thought I better dress in a Santa costume to keep people reading!"

It's actually amazing to think how far off the lore was back in that arc compared to where things are at now. Then it was ninjas. Now it's DBZ.

Pretty much and he Talk no Jutsu'd Zabuza into killing the real culprit also LOL.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 73

Her real reasoning for wearing it:
"This chapter was pretty boring, and this manga lost all narrative forward momentum like 60 chapters ago, so I thought I better dress in a Santa costume to keep people reading!"

I still think that doppelganger arc killed whatever momentum this manga had.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
AKB49 53-56

That record place does kinda look like a dump. The manager seems like a good person though, they'll make it somehow. Old people are always hiding something lol.

uBS2Q.jpg

Nice.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pretty much and he Talk no Jutsu'd Zabuza ro kill the real culprit also.

I still think that doppelganger arc killed whatever momentum this manga had.

I think he can still get it back, hopefully the last few 1 issue stories (which we had a lot of during the best part of the manga) is a return to form. I feel like editorial told him to stall because of the anime deal.

I think he can still get it back, hopefully the last few 1 issue stories (which we had a lot of during the best part of the manga) is a return to form. I feel like editorial told him to stall because of the anime deal.

eh, tell me when it returns (if ever) then i might place it on the "to read" list again.

In other news, is today the day?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
All this talk about old Naruto and the chuunin exam's 10th question reminds me that
Naruto ended up being an eternal Genin anyway lol

Mew2

Neo Member
Anyone have any thoughts on the Rosario Vampire manga? I enjoyed the anime to some extent but I've heard the story in the manga is so much better

and a long shot...anyone know a cheap manga site that ships APO AE XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom