• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Oyajina -

All teen girls in town wake up one morning transformed into old men...followed by some pretty awkward situations where the main characters fall in love with each other. Are they lesbians? gays? or is that a fujoshi's dream come true?

(nsfe) Oh my.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Rosario Vampire manga? I enjoyed the anime to some extent but I've heard the story in the manga is so much better

and a long shot...anyone know a cheap manga site that ships APO AE XD

I haven't seen the anime, but I hear it doesn't undergo the genre shift where it becomes a more standard battle shounen. For that, I think it's pretty good. Has some good fights and action, but that wouldn't mean much to someone who just liked the harem antics of the anime. If it sounds appealing to you, go for it.

wonzo

Banned
Silver Spoon 64

Fuck yeah, about time Hachiken starts to take a stand for something, even if there's really nothing he can do about it!!!

The Seven Deadly Sins 6-10

giantess > *

Soon.

Soon it will be the year of Kakashi.

h93th.png

Naruto

"Let's call it the Great Naruto Bridge." But Kakashi saved your village you fucking morons. Naruto didn't do shit.

Naruto talk no Jutsu Inari to make stand, in turn making the whole villagers taking a stand against Gato.

just keep in mind that in Naruto manga, EVERYTHING revolves around talk no jutsu, battles are more often than not a battle of ideals than just straight up power levels. except Madara, he's that fucking broken, but I'm sure he'll have his time.

Quasar

I haven't seen the anime, but I hear it doesn't undergo the genre shift where it becomes a more standard battle shounen. For that, I think it's pretty good. Has some good fights and action, but that wouldn't mean much to someone who just liked the harem antics of the anime. If it sounds appealing to you, go for it.

Yeah, it does. And I'll admit the focus shift is wearing on me as I'm much more interested in the character stuff than battles. And I think the small amount of content per chapter exacerbates this.

For manga/anime, the more battles there is the less I'm interested. For battles I have superhero comics.

It's hard to hold all the excitement back.

I can't wait for the big 3 to really properly re-ignite the "Naruto always sucked" v.s. "Naruto sucks only now!" debates.

Somehow they're more entertaining than the Bleach v.s. One Piece ones, maybe it's because there's essentially universal agreement on Naruto being bad. The only question is "how bad".

Bossun

I can't wait for the big 3 to really properly re-ignite the "Naruto always sucked" v.s. "Naruto sucks only now!" debates.

Somehow they're more entertaining than the Bleach v.s. One Piece ones, maybe it's because there's essentially universal agreement on Naruto being bad. The only question is "how bad".

Well the universal opinion on bleach is "it's bad too", though there's the parallel debate about the art style.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Without the Big 3 the thread title gets no oomph. Well, except for all of you who still for unknown baffling reason still read KNIM that is.

In the end it's always like this

Naruto: omg, so bad. madara sucks.
Bleach: omg, so boring. Kubo should do fashion
One Piece: omg, so awesome. Goda is the best.

And with that one guy here reading Naruto for the first time and generally disliking it, you'll have your "Naruto always sucked" v.s. "Naruto sucks only now!" debate all way through.

Bossun

Naruto: omg, so bad
Bleach: omg, so boring
One Piece: omg, so awesome

And with that one guy here reading Naruto for the first time and generally disliking it, you'll have your "Naruto always sucked" v.s. "Naruto sucks only now!" debate all way through.

Wow wow, hold your horses, there's a small tendency to say One piece start to get boring since the timeskip

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
more like "good for your health to stop reading"

Oh right. Sorry I misunderstood.

For a moment there my brain just froze thinking someone actually said KNIM is too good to stop reading, hahaha.

Wow wow, hold your horses, there's a small tendency to say One piece start to get boring since the timeskip

It's true... well for me anyways. The recent arcs just seem so.... unfocused and just went everywhere most of the time... like Oda threw stuff randomly at a wall to see what's sticking.

Bossun

It's true... well for me anyways. The recent arcs just seem so.... unfocused and just went everywhere most of the time... like Oda threw stuff randomly at a wall to see what's sticking.

Well we did went from fishman island to big mama to Doflamingo really fast with the mention of half a hundred characters inbetween, all that without having a challenging fight.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn, I've been playing way too much pokemon and not enough reading manga.

Magi 167

You know, idealogically I'd have to side with raem here, but it is interesting to see how the author is showing two different ideologies battle each other while not really making one side as the sympathetic one. Raem who believes in the independence of the people and the magicians who believe that their power is meant for the people to rely on.

Silver Spoon 64

Fuck yeah hachiken. Finally growing some balls.

Magi 167

You know, idealogically I'd have to side with raem here, but it is interesting to see how the author is showing two different ideologies battle each other while not really making one side as the sympathetic one. Raem who believes in the independence of the people and the magicians who believe that their power is meant for the people to rely on.

but that's because we're all goi/muggles here. if you're magicians, and your magic kingdom is being attacked, you'll probably fighting back. don't forget that Raem is the aggressor here. looks like Mog is content enough to stay away from the war between Kou and Raem if his kingdom is not located in the middle of those two powerhouse.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
but that's because we're all goi/muggles here. if you're magicians, and your magic kingdom is being attacked, you'll probably fighting back. don't forget that Raem is the aggressor here. looks like Mog is content enough to stay away from the war between Kou and Raem if his kingdom is not located in the middle of those two powerhouse.

OK...?

Not that I disagree, I just don't see how that relates to what I wrote.

Also raem seemed to be itching to fight mog before because of those magic tools or whatever.

Steroyd

Bleach: omg, so boring. Kubo should do fashion

Don't you mean.

Bleach:
7DajS.png

Maedhros

Laem - "I'M SO LAZY, LET THE HUMAN PRIDE SOLVE EVERYTHING!"
Mog - "MAGIC > EVERYTHING. WE'LL PROTECT EVERYONE!"
Kou - "Well... FUCK YOU!"

Don't you mean.

Bleach:
7DajS.png

Bleach:
      The heart      

I Love You Until the End of the World (one shot)
tumblr_mgo7e7wMiE1qbxqfpo1_250.png

The cover page was nice. It felt like a realistic take on a stalker idea and surprisingly yielded the outcome I didnt expect. I guess that is what happens when one and their friends bully someone and then take a photo and fall in love with them and are forced to stalk. Bad end.

SykoTech

I suppose. It's just something that annoyed me a bit.

Naruto Volume 5

The exam begins! With a boring written test that wasn't tense in the slightest. The second he said no cheating it was obvious that everyone would cheat. When there was a special tenth question it was obvious that's how Naruto would pass. Some of the characters that were introduced seem cool. Rock Lee seems to be the standout so far. This second test sounds good, I love survival stuff.

Indeed, and Lee only becomes better as the arc progresses. Wait to you get to
the prelims

Savour the Chunin arc. Still the pinnacle of Naruto for me by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom