• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Baby Steps 154

Tg8Ye.png

Akito

Hetakoi v8
Of course he would go for the "It's no way she'd still be interested in me" route, how did I not see this coming ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Hetakoi v9
Goddamnit, why wouldn't one of you fuckers slap some sense into those two fucking idiots like you always did in the past. This manga would've been indefinitely better if the younger Komai brother was the main character like intended but then still not good.

dumbyugi

Naruto Volume 1

This isn't a very good start. The arts alright and the story is only just starting so I won't judge it properly yet but the characters are shit so far and I have not been enjoying it yet. Also the "humor" has been really unfunny for the most part. I just hope it gets better.

EDIT: "You gave Naruto some of your food so you pass." What a load of shit.

Kurita

Don't know if I could start reading such a long series now.
Well, I tried Naruto years ago, but dropped it after 3 volumes. Did not find it really interesting.

Naruto Volume 1

This isn't a very good start. The arts alright and the story is only just starting so I won't judge it properly yet but the characters are shit so far and I have not been enjoying it yet. Also the "humor" has been really unfunny for the most part. I just hope it gets better.

disgonnabegud.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Naruto Volume 1

*popcorn.gif*
Don't worry, things get better once Zabuza shows up.

Akito

Hetakoi v10 (end)
See, that was not so hard, was it. Well, that only applies to the confession, I'm sure he being hesitant to have sex with her even though he's humped his first girlfriend on the first opportunity and way too many time after that was just there to annoy the fuck out of the me for the last time.
I'm glad I didn't read this manga as it was coming out, I don't think I could have taken it so Hetakoi > Rage Town and Rage End. Highly recommend.

Kusagari

Naruto Volume 1

ibtLoqfu97QeqY_zpsb55cb93e.gif

Nothing beats people reading the big 3 for the first time.

except for people watching School Days for the first time

Desmond

Naruto Volume 1

Boo-urns

Then once part 2 hits it gets worse.

At least the fight between Sasuke and Itachi was good

Yu Yu Hakusho 20-52

The spirit detective stories were so much better then the Yusuke revival crap. Hiei, Karuma, Kazuma, and Yusuke have great chemistry with each other and are all enjoyable to watch fight. Hiei's heel -> face turn at the beginning of the sacred beast plot was a bit hard to swallow at first, by the end of it though he felt like a part of the team. The next two arcs are the ones I've more or less seen in the anime before, but it'll be nice to finally see them in order from the beginning.

It's strange to think how many story lines and fights we've fit into only 30ish chapters, considering 1-19 were basically irrelevant to any sort of actual plot of being a spirit detective. Early art in this series was pretty hideous though it has gotten better from chapter 20+ onwards.

Sasuke vs. Itachi is just two dudes going "lol illusionz" over and over.

I dunno it was one of the few parts of Part 2 that clicked with me, maybe because I read it first time in marathon and not weekly.

Naruto Volume 2

Naruto and Sakura are the worst characters in the series so far. They're both just so annoying. Zabuza is a pretty average villian but the fight was pretty cool. How very convenient that both Kakashi and Zabuza need a week to recover. I know that Naruto is supposed to be stupid but he didn't even know what charkra was. Isn't that supposed to be the most basic of the basics for a ninja? Volume 2 is a big improvment on volume 1 but it looks like training is starting next volume and I hate most training arcs/chapters so I hope it's short.

LOLOLOLOL

Should we tell him now or later?

dumbyugi

Naruto Volume 2

Naruto and Sakura are the worst characters in the series so far. They're both just so annoying. Zabuza is a pretty average villian but the fight was pretty cool. How very convenient that both Kakashi and Zabuza need a week to recover. I know that Naruto is supposed to be stupid but he didn't even know what charkra was. Isn't that supposed to be the most basic of the basics for a ninja? Volume 2 is a big improvment on volume 1 but it looks like training is starting next volume and I hate most training arcs/chapters so I hope it's short.

Fox318

Naruto Volume 2

You are half right!!!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto Volume 2

Part of the reason Naruto is so stupid is to allow for exposition to explain these things to the reader. It'll get better as the basics are finished being explained.

Kusagari

Naruto Volume 2

Naruto has a lot of training arcs fyi.

Naruto Volume 2

Yep but he's protected by the "MC is a fucking dumbass" clause and as said above it allows Kishimoto to give info to the readers.

dumbyugi

Part of the reason Naruto is so stupid is to allow for exposition to explain these things to the reader. It'll get better as the basics are finished being explained.

I get the reason but I still hate when series do that.

I also forgot to say that Inari is a hella weird looking kid.

I mean there are ways they could have explained it to the audience without making Naruto look like a freaking moron. It doesn't help that the series explains how Chakra works TWICE -.-

Yep but he's protected by the "MC is a fucking dumbass" clause and as said above it allows Kishimoto to give info to the readers.

There is a difference between being very simple minded (Goku, Luffy) and being a complete idiot (Naruto)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto has a lot of training arcs fyi.

A lot of them a REALLY good though. Well at the very least they usually have an awesome pay-off.

Couldn't they have just explained it when they were at school? Also tree climbing is boring.

Then it would have taken a lot longer for the series to start up, honestly though I could see ways that this could be better for future arcs.

I mean there are ways they could have explained it to the audience without making Naruto look like a freaking moron. It doesn't help that the series explains how Chakra works TWICE -.-

There is a difference between being very simple minded (Goku, Luffy) and being a complete idiot (Naruto)

it can merge a bit at times but i agree

Akito

Buyuden
Oh Azuma, you're just like a moth, cannot turn yourself away from the flame. Hopefully someone from the disbanded Azuma society will take the blame for you should something happen.

Bossun

Buyuden
Oh Azuma, you're just like a moth, cannot turn yourself away from the flame. Hopefully someone from the disbanded Azuma society will take the blame for you should something happen.

Probably. Though it is extremely classic I was waiting for Azuma to finally be a good guy. Hell yeah.

Man, I remembered Naruto was alright to read when I was 13, although I only started to love it during the Rock Lee - Gaara battle.

That and the Shikamaru - Temari battle was Kishimoto at his best.

Naruto Volume 1

I would have just watched the first 220 episodes of Naruto then gone to the manga, I dont like the early parts to most of these long manga except for Fairy Tail.

And youre right Sakura Haruno is one of the worst characters

dumbyugi

I would have just watched the first 220 episodes of Naruto then gone to the manga, I dont like the early parts to most of these long manga except for Fairy Tail.

And youre right Sakura Haruno is one of the worst characters

I much prefer reading manga to watching anime and 220 episodes is a hell of a lot.

Naruto Volume 3

This was a pretty good volume. The tragic story was meh and the training was pretty boring but the fight has been pretty good so far. I've heard that Sakura is useless but to not even fight in the first major arc is pretty bad. Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi are all fighting and she's just standing there doing nothing. Naruto's still pretty anoying but he's mostly just a standard shounen hero. Sasuke's a standard rival and Sakura's a shitty heroine. Kakashi's the best character so far. I don't really like it when one off characters get tragic back stories so Inari's past was just a waste of time. I'll continue reading later.

I much prefer reading manga to watching anime and 220 episodes is a hell of a lot.

Naruto Volume 3

This was a pretty good volume. The tragic story was meh and the training was pretty boring but the fight has been pretty good so far. I've heard that Sakura is useless but to not even fight in the first major arc is pretty bad. Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi are all fighting and she's just standing there doing nothing. Naruto's still pretty anoying but he's mostly just a standard shounen hero. Sasuke's a standard rival and Sakura's a shitty heroine. Kakashi's the best character so far. I don't really like it when one off characters get tragic back stories so Inari's past was just a waste of time. I'll continue reading later.

ohhhh boooyyy

LOLOLOLOLOL

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Naruto Volume 3

Kakashi is easily on of the best characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom