• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sasuke

Love is the root of Uchiha evil? Dafuq?!

Waiting MS translation.

I guess he's saying the Uchiha are basically like Vulcans from Star Trek. They have a tendency to become highly enraged and emotional and would outright kill each other.

I suppose the translation is bad but its not really that nonsensical as the translation makes it sound.

He's saying that the Uchiha have a reputation for being emotionless killers, but in reality they aren't, its just that their Kekkei Genkai causes them to become more powerful when they experience emotional trauma, which in turn causes them to rely on negative emotions and turn to evil. The explanation given just made them sound like Vulcans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sasuke has his original pair of MS eyes

LOL

That seems like a legitimate art error that I noticed immediately. I would imagine its one of those things that gets corrected in the volumes.

Man Kishi must have psychological problems with his own twin brother Seishi, maybe some hidden twincest feelings he has that he puts inside his manga.

To take a leaf out of Ignis's book, Kishi must throw up crap and pick out the mess he made and put onto a storyboard cause this crap made me barf.

Uchiha's true power is more love than the Senju clan lol. Think it was supposed to explain the stuff that happened with Obito and Rin.

At least this explains why Danzo was such an asshole, his sensei was one too. Gotta love Tobirama though, much more blunt and unforgiving. Made the Edo Tensai justu and shut up Orochimaru.

Scratch

naruto

i liked it. though some of that translation was pretty funky.

"those aren't the normal commas."

never thought to refer to the sharingan tomoe as commas before...but that's actually pretty fitting.

wonzo

Banned
killingtrees7.jpg

rip keiji nakazawa

Angry Grimace

Naruto
The power of love makes the Uchiha in a way it makes sense .

The translation/method in which Tobirama is saying it makes it sound extremely corny, although it sounds a lot like the Dark Side of the Force to me. They get powerful when they rely on negative emotions so they tend to do it a lot.

Kusagari

Honestly the power of love awakening Sharingan thing does make sense.

It's not a coincidence that both times we saw a Sharingan awaken it was in an emotional moment when the user was in grief.

The translation/method in which Tobirama is saying it makes it sound extremely corny, although it sounds a lot like the Dark Side of the Force to me. They get powerful when they rely on negative emotions so they tend to do it a lot.

I just imagined Madara as Darth Sidious, Sasuke as Darth Vader (pre-suit) and Obito as Darth Vader because of you lol.

It's not a coincidence that both times we saw a Sharingan awaken it was in an emotional moment when the user was in grief.

At the time Sasuke just woke his Sharingan because of Haku from what we knew back then. Even then when Obito woke his up, it was during a battle and he cried.

If you mean Mangekyo Sharingan then I'm more inclined to agree.

Had to edit my post cause i miss a few words lol .
Yeah it does sound corny but it makes sense with what we know about them .
I mean you do have to kill someone close to you to get stronger eyes and love can turn to hate rather fast depending on the person .

Angry Grimace

I tend to agree. It sort of makes sense if you translate this out into sensible English as opposed to literally saying "the power of love fuels the Uchiha."

It would kind of make sense that a clan who had a kekkei genkai activated by negative emotions would probably tend to be a clan of dickbags, particularly given their negative emotional state probably causes them to assume everyone else is persecuting them and they require more power to get even.

Angry Grimace

Obito would be Vader.

He did. He just has two Vaders :lol

I just imagined Madara as Darth Sidious, Sasuke as Darth Vader (pre-suit) and Obito as Darth Vader because of you lol.

At the time Sasuke just woke his Sharingan because of Haku from what we knew back then. Even then when Obito woke his up, it was during a battle and he cried.

Sure, but that's a negative emotional state as well, it's basically just despair.

Angry Grimace

I kind of wish there had been something on them commenting whether or not it was actually super-shitty to be stuck in the Shinigami's stomach or what.

I like how they just after-the-fact explained how Orochimaru learned how to reverse that technique so easily. Orochimaru has got to be a real beast now that he's back at full power. I want to see him fight Naruto or something now. Would be interesting.

Kusagari

Crying/grief/anguish aren't exactly great emotional states to be in. That's actually probably the entire point of what Tobirama is talking about. The Uchiha get too caught up in their grief and despair and it leads to them becoming consumed by it.

It actually does a very good job of explaining Sasuke's dumbfuck decisions in Part 2.

Angry Grimace

Crying/grief/anguish aren't exactly great emotional states to be in. That's actually probably the entire point of what Tobirama is talking about. The Uchiha get too caught up in their grief and despair and it leads to them becoming consumed by it.

It actually does a very good job of explaining Sasuke's dumbfuck decisions in Part 2.

It works out great until Sasuke hears an outright explanation of why he's an asshole and dismisses it to go be an asshole more.

Khezu

I'm still not sure why Oro is doing any of this, not trying to destroy the village, getting in Sasukes good graces again.

Ever since he came back he just seems like a completely different character, I guess he is just waiting and biding his time and acting like a team player until he is strong enough to gank Sasuke for his eyes.

He basically lost all his creepiness and is acting like Sasukes big brother.

Angry Grimace

I'm still not sure why Oro is doing any of this, not trying to destroy the village, getting in Sasukes good graces again.

Ever since he came back he just seems like a completely different character, I guess he is just waiting and biding his time and acting like a team player until he is strong enough to gank Sasuke for his eyes.

He basically lost all his creepiness and is acting like Sasukes big brother.

His motivation has not been explained at all yet. We can assume he's manipulating Sasuke in some manner, though.

Naruto

Holy shit you guys hate everything about Naruto.

I liked this chapter, and I don't mind the personality of Hashirama to be naruto-ish. It would suck if everyone acted like old wise men.

Annoyed by the explanation about Uchihas. Is there something lost in translation? Using the word 'Love' seems like it doesn't really fit much. Seems like a better explanation is that the Uchiha is akin to hulk; their powers relate to the how heightened their emotions are.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Annoyed by the explanation about Uchihas. Is there something lost in translation? Using the word 'Love' seems like it doesn't really fit much. Seems like a better explanation is that the Uchiha is akin to hulk; their powers relate to the how heightened their emotions are.

It's panda, everything is lost in translation.

Angry Grimace

Naruto

Holy shit you guys hate everything about Naruto.

I liked this chapter, and I don't mind the personality of Hashirama to be naruto-ish. It would suck if everyone acted like old wise men.

I don't think people seem very upset by this. As I commented above, if you parse it into sensible English, its not that bad.

Averon

Naruto

Nice chapter. The point of this chapter seems to be putting in blunt terms and giving more background to what we've known since the beginning: strong emotions/stress awaken the sharingan. That the Uchiha are emotionally unstable wrecks shouldn't be much of a surprise either. I actually liked that Tobirama was a bit of an asshole, though. Gives him a bit of personality.

Azure J

Aku no Hana 39

This is this most awkward thing ever. Is there a "cringes" equivalent to feels in netspeak? This chapter was full of those.

Naruto

It's been a while since I liked a Naruto chapter, at least the beginning. The banter was great.

The whole explanation was a bit weird, but apparently a great reason for Sasuke to be such a bitch. Well done, Kishimoto. Well done.

Still waiting for the MS translation.

remz

That was actually a pretty damn good info chapter in Naruto, much better than a lot of the war stuff that's been going on.

I don't agree with everyone calling Tobirama an asshole. He's more of a "get things done" kind of guy than an out and out asshole. He's perhaps a little overly serious though

That was actually a pretty damn good info chapter in Naruto, much better than a lot of the war stuff that's been going on.

I don't agree with everyone calling Tobirama an asshole. He's more of a "get things done" kind of guy than an out and out asshole. He's perhaps a little overly serious though

Tobirama seemed to be needed as a balance to Hashirama. It makes sense.

neptunes

I kind of figured there'd be a passionate difference in opinions between the 1st and 2nd. I assume the next chapter Hashirama is going to explain the tailed beasts and their division of power.

Angry Grimace

Aku no Hana 39

This is this most awkward thing ever. Is there a "cringes" equivalent to feels in netspeak? This chapter was full of those.

I don't know but cringe is the best word to describe what you do when you see 10 pages of that fucking guy sitting there awkwardly while an entire group of people tell him he's a boring piece of shit and then his only friend in the world (who he barely knows) breaks up with her boyfriend thanks to his mere presence.

Azure J

I don't know but cringe is the best word to describe what you do when you see 10 pages of that fucking guy sitting there awkwardly while an entire group of people tell him he's a boring piece of shit and then his only friend in the world (who he barely knows) breaks up with her boyfriend thanks to his mere presence.

The worst part is even if he had no real interest in what was happening, nothing they did provided a reason for him to go vegetable every time he was engaged. I mean, who the hell is really going to be upset to the point of whimpering when inquired about crushes from eons ago?

There's anti-social, there's awkward, and then there's kasuga.

The worst part is even if he had no real interest in what was happening, nothing they did provided a reason for him to go vegetable every time he was engaged. I mean, who the hell is really going to be upset to the point of whimpering when inquired about crushes from eons ago?

I don't know, there's some really awkward high schoolers out there.

Angry Grimace

I mean, it probably had something to do with him stealing his crushe's clothes and wearing them on a date with her, then dumping her to running off with a sociopath and then his crush coming back to rape him after his delusions destroyed her fragile mind

Brickhunt

I don't see what is the big deal about "Love". If anything, it was pretty good explanation of why the Uchiha gathered such reputation for their hatred.

When people lose someone they love and despair, they don't really receive anything positive in exchange. Eventually they move on in life.

However, the loss and despair causes an Uchiha to receive a great power in form of their Sharigan eyes. Add that to a world of constant war, and then a ninja system where the fate of a ninja village is directly tied to the efficiency of their villagers, and you have a bunch of people addicted to hatred and despair that they can't help themselves, since they do get more powerful. And power do helps a lot in that manga.

Mr. Fix

I don't see what is the big deal about "Love". If anything, it was pretty good explanation of why the Uchiha gathered such reputation for their hatred.

When people lose someone they love and despair, they don't really receive anything positive in exchange. Eventually they move on in life.

However, the loss and despair causes an Uchiha to receive a great power in form of their Sharigan eyes. Add that to a world of constant war, and then a ninja system where the fate of a ninja village is directly tied to the efficiency of their villagers, and you have a bunch of people addicted to hatred and despair that they can't help themselves, since they do get more powerful.

Without making it sound too cheesy: The Uchiha are the repercussions of the Ninja world.

Angry Grimace

They have the power of emo, therefore they are dangerous.

I like this chapter, it's very spot-on.

I don't dislike the explanation, I just think it could have been explained in a way that sound less cheesy.

Naruto

So Tobirama is sort of an asshole. Fits what we know of him.

Also looks like Hashirama reciprocates Madara's feelings. Look at his face whenever Madara's name pops up.

Tobirama is more of a shrewd shinobi than an asshole. He saw The Uchiha for what they were and acted accordingly. I think it was fine for Kishi to contrast the disparate personalities of the 1st and 2nd. It makes them being siblings that more believable. The 1st might be a goof personality wise, but there's no doubt that when he's in battle he's a completely different person like Naruto.

Angry Grimace

The fact that it's so cheesy is the cherry on the cake!

The power of LOVE man, LOVE!

I mean, I think it does make sense that a clan who literally become more powerful when they experience negative emotions probably would be pre-disposed to be dicks.

Holy shit, I just thought of the ultimate Naruto ending!

So like, it totally looks like Naruto dies at the hands of the villains and shit. And Sasuke's boiling raging love becomes so intense that he unlocks the ultimate sharingan ever that's never been seen before because he loved Naruto so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom