• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

I was just told that Jump is indeed coming late tonight America time.

yu8nF2g.gif

Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration 8

Yahiko will fight? Cant wait for the next chapter. Favorite fight here was the one with the two brawlers. Best lines, "my fists are zettai fuwa, absolutely indestructible!!!" "your fists are ichigeki hikkai (one strike certain destruction)"

Cross Manage 18

Boring goalie issues and the art seems like its decreased in quality? Not one of the better Cross Manage chapters.

One-Punch Man 3

Although the antagonist was pretty dumb, nice action scenes it gave and a bit of comedy. Saitama is becoming really likeable, though I disagree with him that overwhelming strength is boring. Hope this series gets color pages.

I still need to read Restoration Kenshin from the beginning as I ended skipping a few chapters.

DBZ in color and the 1st chapter brought back so many memories. Can't believe how much debate scouters brought into DBZ on power levels. The jumps in power were ridiculous too.

From Raditz 1,200 to Nappa's 4,000 to Vegeta's huge 18,000 and then Frieza breaking it by going over 1 mil lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I still need to read Restoration Kenshin from the beginning as I ended skipping a few chapters.

DBZ in color and the 1st chapter brought back so many memories. Can't believe how much debate scouters brought into DBZ on power levels. The jumps in power were ridiculous too.

From Raditz 1,200 to Nappa's 4,000 to Vegeta's huge 18,000 and then Frieza breaking it by going over 1 mil lol.

I forgot how short the chapters were too. It's no wonder DBZ had so much filler and scenes of people standing around doing nothing. In fact, a lot of Shonen anime have that problem.

Korosenai

I forgot how short the chapters were too. It's no wonder DBZ had so much filler and scenes of people standing around doing nothing. In fact, a lot of Shonen anime have that problem.
For reference, just checked my dbz vizbig and volume 1 had 10 chapters that were 138 pages along. Compare this to One Piece volume 61 which has 9 chapters and 183 pages.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shame it's a monthly. I hate waiting for new chapters.

Oh yeah.... its on a Seinen magazine, yeah? Well, no shounen magazine can contain that much awesomeness for sure... except maybe for Ryuuroden :D

Iris zero still on hiatus...

T_T

Speaking of hiatus... is Highschool of the Dead already... well, dead? The boobies + panties can be overbearing at times but I enjoyed it. I am such a huge sucker for apocalypse-themed fiction though.

Nisekoi:False Love 60

Okay, I laughed at Hana when she used the thingy to get from one tower to the next, so over the top, and had dragged Raku along. Rest of it was just boring.

BLue Exorcist 43

The family of portraits tying into a friendship theme of teamwork, with Konekomaru taking charge was really good. Shima was funny but in action, and Rin and Godain stuff was good. Though I wonder if Godain will stick around, didnt seem to use the eyedrops immediately or was that frightened that Rin was half demon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jump #11 TOC

World Trigger (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Assassination Classroom
One Piece
Koisuru Edison (Center Colour)
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Toriko
Beelzebub
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour)
Haikyuu!!
Shokugeki no Souma
Nisekoi (Center Colour)
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Mukou Mizu-kun (Oneshot)
Hungry Joker
Medaka Box
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Cross Manage

Absent: Bleach, Gintama

One Piece will be absent next week.

Jump #11 TOC

One Piece will be absent next week.

Didnt nisekoi just have a color page like two weeks ago? Hope Hungry Joker doesnt fall any lower and rises back up to escape the bottom four. Kiruko chapters are really not what I would expect any story to do during its debut period, tbh, they have been rather boring as of late.

Aku no Hana 3-5

Getting rid of the clothes? Smart kid. Wait, what are you?... You're an idiot. You're giving her dirt on purpose, aren't you? She's got you by the balls. THE BALLS. Now you're just hanging out with her? And you're sniffing her hand... She touched herself with that hand, didn't she?. God damn.

Yes! An opportunity. Someone can take the fall for you. Yes! You redeemed yourself to Saeki. Now just get rid of the clothes and this will all be over...

Kasuga... Why are you writing a poem? Why are the clothes in a box? Oh my god, I can't even. Don't keep it! Throw it away! Incinerate it! Just get rid of it! If your love was pure you wouldn't have stolen it in the first place, you damn clothes sniffer. Crazy girl's going to go nuts on you. You see that smile. That the smile of someone who gonna make you wear girls clothes around town... I just guessed the next few chapters, didn't I?

NOOOOOO!!! BLEACH!!! DAMN YOU FLU, why did you have to get Kubo sick?

Ass class is #1 again holy crap its popular.

Wonder what Naruto is going to be about this week, the Hokages or more bullshit.

Cross Manage is just asking to get canceled with that ranking, poor Kurogane.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I hope you understand that that is not from the main show.

I don't watch anime so I don't know, hahaha.

But even I know that the main show is not exactly a paragon of quality either. I haven't seen it yet, but I've watched gifs and such.

That Pain invasion that was so awesome-looking in the manga turned into silly spectacles of stupid-looking animation in the anime... heh.

arkon

Looks like it's from that Rock Lee SD show and played for laughs. So don't see what is so bad about the animation in that gif

Fox318

I don't watch anime so I don't know, hahaha.

But even I know that the main show is not exactly a paragon of quality either. I haven't seen it yet, but I've watched gifs and such.

That Pain invasion that was so awesome-looking in the manga turned into silly spectacles of stupid-looking animation in the anime... heh.

That gif is based off of the spin off Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals(Which is a manga first).

For every bad episode there will be a good one to balance it out in my opinion. Its a shame that they don't just take a break and produce better quality content.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
By far my favorite Seinen manga.

Yup, it's fantastic.

Throw in I am a Hero too. I am not sure whether it's Seinen or Shounen though.

the point of that animation was to be funny. unless you're joking or something.

Ever read Vagabond or REAL? or Pluto?

Well as I said I don't watch anime so I don't know which is which.

Also in my opinion, Vinland Saga >>> Vagabond, REAL, and most especially Pluto.

It's just really incredible on almost every level.

Yup, it's fantastic.

Throw in I am a Hero too. I am not sure whether it's Seinen or Shounen though.

Well as I said I don't watch anime so I don't know which is which.

Also in my opinion, Vinland Saga >>> Vagabond, REAL, and most especially Pluto.

It's just really incredible on almost every level.
wow, Gonna have to disagree here. Vagabond and REAL crush it in my opinion. Especially in the art department, no competition.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm done with Manga-GAF. Never setting foot in here again.

Not sure joking or not.

In the 10% chance that you're not, what spurs this?

wow, Gonna have to disagree here. Vagabond and REAL crush it in my opinion. Especially in the art department, no competition.

Art, technically sure, but in my opinion everything else Vinland >> those two. And it's not like Vinland is a slouch in the art department too, and subjectively I enjoy the art on Vinland more than those featured in Vagabond/REAL.

Anyways, different taste and all that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom