• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Holy shit, I just thought of the ultimate Naruto ending!

So like, it totally looks like Naruto dies at the hands of the villains and shit. And Sasuke's boiling raging love becomes so intense that he unlocks the ultimate sharingan ever that's never been seen before because he loved Naruto so much.

The best troll ending is that Sasuke kills Naruto and the pain of losing his beloved best friend causes him to awake the Rinnegan and he sacrifices himself with the Outer Path to resurrect his buddy, thus meaning Naruto ends the final fight as the loser but without dying.

So the 2nd can undo Oro's edo tensei like Madara.

He doesn't seem like enough of a dick to do so though. Imagine how disappointing it would be if these guys never end up doing anything and just get dismissed after they talk.

ant1532

Banned
Naruto

loved the chapter. i love hashirama's goku/naruto qualities. i think im going to change my avatar to him just to harness the hate for naruto on neogaf and scarlet letter that shit.

i love the way kishi brought them back, stoked for next chapter.

Holy shit, I just thought of the ultimate Naruto ending!

So like, it totally looks like Naruto dies at the hands of the villains and shit. And Sasuke's boiling raging love becomes so intense that he unlocks the ultimate sharingan ever that's never been seen before because he loved Naruto so much.

He'll be able to bring Naruto back with the Rinnegan anyway.

Brickhunt

So the 2nd can undo Oro's edo tensei like Madara.
Not really. Orochimaru just allowed them to retain their personalities, but I'm pretty sure he imputed a command that stops him from doing anything that frees him from Oro's command. There is a reason why even Madara only pulled his stunt when Kabuto released the Jutsu.

I also don't have a problem with love explanation it sounds cheesy but that could just be pandas doing .
Still it makes sense and help explain a lot about the Uchihas being so stupid , emo , dicks etc etc

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
7 Seeds
All caught up!
One of the best series I've read. Great character interaction and development, amazing sense of emotion, and a well thought out story full of foreshadowing, tons of surprises, great dialogue, and some of the best damn arcs I've ever read.
As for the individual aspects -
Story: 10/10 (Favourite arc has to be Ryuugu Shelter, just slightly edging out the Summer A school arc)
Characters: 10/10 (Favourite characters would be Takashi, Ango, who may have been an absolute prick, but his development was brilliant, Ban, Ryo, Aramaki, Semimaru, Akio, and Ran)
Art: 7/10 (Not too big on Shoujo art. Plus the author seems to have major trouble with hands)
Overall: 10/10 (I'm not one to judge a series based on the art work :p )

As for the recent chapter -
Like others have stated, it seems the series is nearing it's end game with everyone meeting up, barring Summer B. However, we've still to see how Arashi takes Ango's news, his and Hana's eventual meeting, the mystery of Fujiko's, Chisa's, and Hana's rash, more development for the "lesser" characters, such as Nijiko, Karita, Tsunomata, etc., Chisa and Akio's meet-up, Kurumi's child birth, and tons of other stuff. Plus, this is just a theory, but what are the chances of them meeting any foreigners? I have a feeling the author made Ran and Akio bilingual for a reason...
121 was great though. Really liked Haru's speech, plus Mozu's back!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still don't know whats up with them looking all decaying when Orochimaru fixed that shit immediately when he brought them back the first time.

Mael

Surprisingly good chapter from Naruto!
The explanation doesn't seems to be lifted from another manga (like that HxH rippof he pulled for the elemental chakra) and like something straight out of the 1rst part of Naruto.
He probably planned that explanation from the very start.
THAT was more interesting than the BS battle between edomadarabito and the alliance of shitheads..
Hashirama and Tobirama duo is great, Minato is somehow sidelined.
Great read.

Heck even Hashirama is treating Sauce like a kid at the start.

neptunes

The best troll ending is that Sasuke kills Naruto and the pain of losing his beloved best friend causes him to awake the Rinnegan and he sacrifices himself with the Outer Path to resurrect his buddy, thus meaning Naruto ends the final fight as the loser but without drying.
Ugh, that feels like believable enough ending that I feel like you slightly spoiled a plausible scenario.

Surprisingly good chapter from Naruto!
The explanation doesn't seems to be lifted from another manga (like that HxH rippof he pulled for the elemental chakra) and like something straight out of the 1rst part of Naruto.
He probably planned that explanation from the very start.
THAT was more interesting than the BS battle between edomadarabito and the alliance of shitheads..
Hashirama and Tobirama duo is great, Minato is somehow sidelined.
Great read.

Heck even Hashirama is treating Sauce like a kid at the start.

That's because Sasuke is merely a kid to them. Even in their state they should be able to stomp him into the ground.

To be fair if they're as strong as Madara implies them to be, the 4 would stomp on anyone we've seen so far....combined even.

I'm still not really sure why Orochimaru summoned them. He said he had no interest in this war, but with them, he could end it pretty quickly and rule over everything. It would be funny if they'd disappear, after answering Sasuke's questions.

Mael

I'm still not really sure why Orochimaru summoned them. He said he had no interest in this war, but with them, he could end it pretty quickly and rule over everything. It would be funny if they'd disappear, after answering Sasuke's questions.

Funny to think that what the water guy said when he found the scroll was true in the end :
"With this we can end the war quickly"

YAWN

One Piece - A
A for Aokiji. For god damn Aokiji. Dofla sure is hella' mad though.

One Piece
Poor Smoker this arc has not been good to him getting his ass kick every where.
The usual group dislike the idea of fighting a Yonko while Zoro all happy .
Also lol at Franky hair and Sanji warning Law again about Luffy along with CC face .
Kuzan at end of the chapter was awesome and next week on break :(

Angry Grimace

I've always assumed they don't have perpetual duration, although there's nothing that has made that assertion. It just makes sense that way.

YAWN

No Bleach this week?
ichigo_gif_by_haloblabla-d4qho05.gif

Angry Grimace

No Bleach this week?
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj504/KingofBeastsGrimmjow/ichigo_gif_by_haloblabla-d4qho05.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

I guess Kubo got sick again. Not that I find Unohana and Kenpachi in the Room of Space and Time particularly interesting. He cut away from an interesting part (Ichigo/Renji) to a part that he ended up writing to be uninteresting.

Stulaw

Naruto

Hashi.... ok.

Sasuke's not a pure Uchiha? I guess his mom is Senju, since I doubt she would just be from some random clan no one gives a shit about.

You've read that wrong, he's not pure (i.e he has bloodstained hands/ sees the world for what it is) and he's not a child (i.e he's grown up).

I've always assumed they don't have perpetual duration, although there's nothing that has made that assertion. It just makes sense that way.

When was the last time a jutsu in Naruto made sense, in terms of limitations? It already felt like the zombie kages who fought in the war lasted forever.

No Bleach this week?

Great. We'll never find out what abilities Zaraki didn't learn.

Akito

One Piece
Every time there's a break, we also get a huge cliffhanger :(
Doflammingo sure is mad but I don't think he'll be able to take on hobo Aokiji. So Kinemon's story is somehow intertwined with the Doflammingo/Kaidou substory?
lol @ Franky's hair.

Man looking back where the hell was the Hashirama's personality back when Oro first revived them? Gonna wait for the MS translation because some of the stuff in the chapter is weird now that I reread it.

As for OP, well Oda hits another one out of the ballpark. Aokiji is gonna pwn Don by freezing his ass. Too bad Oda is taking a break next week.

Man looking back where the hell was the Hashirama's personality back when Oro first revived them? Gonna wait for the MS translation because some of the stuff in the chapter is weird now that I reread it.

Orochimaru mentioned how he didn't bother to suppress their personalities, so I suppose that's exactly what he did the first time.

Also, completely forgot about Hashirama's reaction to the 5th hokage. Kishi must really hate women.

rouken

One Piece

Nice info dump, it's great seeing that kinemon's story ties up with doflamingo. it's gonna go down in dressrosa.

and Aokiji being boss. Doflamingo's gonna run like hell after they clash

9YKJ6i7.jpg

dat hair

Anteater

One Piece

oh shit, shit just got real.

I kind of want to see DoFlammingo gets his ass kicked.

a break!? MOTHERFUCKER

I loved this panel

pI95yNE.png

Pein

Banned
Orochimaru mentioned how he didn't bother to suppress their personalities, so I suppose that's exactly what he did the first time.

Also, completely forgot about Hashirama's reaction to the 5th hokage. Kishi must really hate women.

when your only memory's of the current hokage are of a spoiled brat who learned to gamble as a kid, you'd be kinda worried. Hashirama and Tobirama are just like Sarutobi and Danzo, one is goofy as hell and one is serious and does underhanded things for the village.

I also like how Minato is so polite to orchimaru, I don't know if Orochimaru had already fled the village by the time Minato became the fourth. Maybe Minato is just super polite to everyone, even enemy's like with A and Bee. Can't wait to see how he reacts to Obito being Masked man.

One piece is getting so exciting again, I wasn't this pumped for it since the whitebeard war on marine HQ.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
One Piece

New world has been non-fucking serious crazy shit. What a pace. So many serious players, seriously important locations and big sweeping world changing consequences.

Naruto

Sasuke's character hasn't made sense since after the Gaara battle in Part 1 really. He learned to appreciate friends and fight together, then just went totally mental again. It was nonsense. Now here we are with the worlds knowledge at his beck and call, and they tell him "yeah we kinda hate you guys because you always go fucking mental and turn evil" and he's still being a dick. Chances he'll still be a dick even after this are high. Makes no sense.

The Uchihas are powered by love.... the Senju powered by love... .

Really kishi?.... Could it be more corny?

The sauce has become boring. At this point he should just go to his room and listen to Linkin' park on repeat and cut himself. The kid doesn't make sense.

The though of him being "redeemed" makes me cringe.

Pein

Banned
One Piece

New world has been non-fucking serious crazy shit. What a pace. So many serious players, seriously important locations and big sweeping world changing consequences.

Naruto

Sasuke's character hasn't made sense since after the Gaara battle in Part 1 really. He learned to appreciate friends and fight together, then just went totally mental again. It was nonsense. Now here we are with the worlds knowledge at his beck and call, and they tell him "yeah we kinda hate you guys because you always go fucking mental and turn evil" and he's still being a dick. Chances he'll still be a dick even after this are high. Makes no sense.

I think up until Itachi died he made sense. Going to orchimaru to gain power made sense.

Anyone got any recommendations for a fighting manga grounded in reality? Like hajime no ippo.

Bossun

Naruto

What to say? Kishi is master trolling the whole universe.

One piece

Shit I'm on edge.
Can't wait for Luffy to own Doflamingo and get his fame way up there.
It's annoying that he is considered less than law and all the other pirates because he disappeared for two year and doesn't take part in all the scheming shennanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom