• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

One Piece
Ohh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Shit about to get even realer?

Naruto
THE POWER OF LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. SERIOUS!? 2nd reverse the technique like Madara did already. I liked the Hokage banter though.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

Hello, my name is Kuzan. I CAME TO FUCK SHIT UP.

Naruto

iLLlVyHoZ2mD3.gif

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Nardo
Really couldn't care any less about this manga. Thinking about dropping it even.

Lovechina

"I love you Naruto, therefore you must die to make me even stronger"

I hope something like that happens cause that shit would be hilarious, I have to stop thinking about chapters in this series because the more I do the worse they seem.

One Piece

So Dofla flew all the way to Punk Hazard and now he's about to turn around and fly all the way back. Not much happened in this chapter just a lot of info repeat for people who missed anything to be ready for the next arc.

Bleach

*sigh* why couldn't Naruto have been on break instead?

One Piece

$10 says we won't see the Aokiji v. Dofla fight.

What's the point really? There is no way Don Flamingo can go to toe to toe with Akoiji. He fought equally with Akainu, went toe to toe with WB...Don Flamingo is obviously very strong, but the Admirals are up there with the Emperors in terms of strength...

Steroyd

The though of him being "redeemed" makes me cringe.

The funny thing is that this chapter, slowly swings the pendulum back into it not being absolute nonsensical bullshit that Sasuske is redeemed legitimately.

Area no Kishi

He said "Fighting" and "Grounded in Reality".

One Piece

Breaks with cliffhangers like that are just plain mean.

Could've been worse, could have been HxH. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Naruto

I still don't understand what's Orochimaru's goal by letting Sasuke ask those questions to the Hokages.

Zeppu

What's the point really? There is no way Don Flamingo can go to toe to toe with Akoiji. He fought equally with Akainu, went toe to toe with WB...Don Flamingo is obviously very strong, but the Admirals are up there with the Emperors in terms of strength...

I agree completely. There's no point in showcasing Doflamingo's strengths in a fight that is happening elsewhere. The StrawHat crew is large enough and tends to have many in-arc allies that the fights with all the villains can be shown within a relevant arc. The only fight to break this formula which I can recall was BB vs Ace, and that's because there would've never been any reason for anyone from the SH to fight Ace except in a friendly, and BB's Dark Fruit is only the tip of his powers' iceberg.

That being said, I don't think Aokiji will just OHKO Dofla. We just found out he possesses conqueror's haki, which at the very least means he'll be no pushover.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Fucking breaks!
So awesome to see Kuzan in canon. I know he showed up in Film Z but now we have an official manga appearance.
Next arc looks to be Dressrosa. Straw Hats, Law and Kinemon ending Doflamingo's crew.

"Fighting"

Thought it said sports...it was early.wow, my mistake.

Naruto

So much talking but oddly, since Sasuke was leading the discussion, Suigetsu making comments and thoughts, Itachi being a talking point, and Minato there it was worth reading and following along. Love and friendship affecting things so much is a really good basis for so much in the story, with feelings that strong, I wonder how or what Sasuke will do to publicly display it.

I was hoping someone there would have brought up the fact that Madara is edo tensei'd.

I agree completely. There's no point in showcasing Doflamingo's strengths in a fight that is happening elsewhere. The StrawHat crew is large enough and tends to have many in-arc allies that the fights with all the villains can be shown within a relevant arc. The only fight to break this formula which I can recall was BB vs Ace, and that's because there would've never been any reason for anyone from the SH to fight Ace except in a friendly, and BB's Dark Fruit is only the tip of his powers' iceberg.

That being said, I don't think Aokiji will just OHKO Dofla. We just found out he possesses conqueror's haki, which at the very least means he'll be no pushover.

To be honest, I wonder if Akoiji will conscript Doflamingo to do something...he has got to be in the region for a reason

Naruto

So much talking but oddly, since Sasuke was leading the discussion, Suigetsu making comments and thoughts, Itachi being a talking point, and Minato there it was worth reading and following along. Love and friendship affecting things so much is a really good basis for so much in the story, with feelings that strong, I wonder how or what Sasuke will do to publicly display it.

I was hoping someone there would have brought up the fact that Madara is edo tensei'd.

JQqEmfC.jpg

Aad

I don't think the Admirals are as strong as the Emporors. A fitting measure of strength would be that they are about as strong as WB captains, see:
Aokiji VS Jozu
Kizaru VS Marco
Akainu VS Marco & Vista

Shanks crew:
Kizaru VS Benn Beckman

Sengoku and Garp are more comparable to the emperors by strength.

Maedhros

So, One Piece got better now? That's great. I think I'll start to read/watch again.

These two last arcs were pretty fucking bad. Did they stopped being chased by the gas?

jokkir

I skipped One Piece from around the graveyard arc (whatever it's called) to around the recent chapters. Whatever happened to Luffy's dad or Dragon or whatever his name is? >__>

I'm terrible with names

So, One Piece got better now? That's great. I think I'll start to read/watch again.

These two last arcs were pretty fucking bad. Did they stopped being chased by the gas?

Yes, it looks like they're done with Punk Hazard. I stopped after the Yeti assassins who "killed" Zoro and some no-names got defeated. I might rush through the rest and catch up as well. The recent chapters sound pretty good.

Kusagari

One Piece

Doflamingo beastmoded over Smoker and the Marines. I really doubt him or Aokiji will fight. It's way too soon for Doflamingo to actually get pushed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece

Doflamingo beastmoded over Smoker and the Marines. I really doubt him or Aokiji will fight. It's way too soon for Doflamingo to actually get pushed.

Doflamingo is going to bolt, yea he took out Smoker but no way does he have the chops to take on Aokiji. If he could do that there would be no reason to fear the marines.

I sort of wonder what Luffy thinks an alliance is...

Naruto

I don't think that the "power of love" was really the right way to describe it. All that they had to say was that the Uchiha are naturally temperamental and they sealed off their emotions. It makes sense if you consider that the more in tune with their emotions they get the more the Sharingan unlocks, which explains the "kill your best friend" etc as not literal requirements and allows for Kakashi. It doubly makes sense because the Sharingan is a double-edged sword that eventually blinds the user.

This isn't a new idea, all throughout Naruto the Uchiha are shown to snap as their Sharingans develop, even Itachi lost his shit when he got the upgrade. Since their emotions are tied to the Sharingan and the Sharingan makes it progressively harder to control themselves, then of course they'd be a problem the second would be worried about. Are you gonna leave a whole group of people that are genetically predisposed towards insanity in the middle of your city?

Of course mistrust also compounds the isse, thus Naruto.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece
Wow Smoker doesn't have a good time in this arc.

Aokij is badass wonder what his intentions are.

And the Strawhats and Law will go to Dressrosa he? So is Law's crew there already?

And Kinemon has another missing partner who is also on Dressrosa..hm And looks like he knows Kaidou

Nice to see them all interacting on the Sunny together.. except Robin, was she even in the chapter? I don't remember.

I don't think the Admirals are as strong as the Emporors. A fitting measure of strength would be that they are about as strong as WB captains, see:
Aokiji VS Jozu
Kizaru VS Marco
Akainu VS Marco & Vista

Shanks crew:
Kizaru VS Benn Beckman

Sengoku and Garp are more comparable to the emperors by strength.

That list don't mean anything since Akainu walk all over WB captains after taking 2 mega hit from WB .
Admirals might not be as stronger as Yonko but from the war there were above WB captains .

I don't get why people like One Piece. Well, I do but it's dumb. It's just a bunch of gimmicks to make sure you don't need to think about anything. There's enough inside jokes and fake foreshadowing to make people with the shortest attention span giggle. Just enough things going on to mask the fact that nothing ever actually happens and that there's only one story arc looped over and over.

Naruto

I don't think that the "power of love" was really the right way to describe it. All that they had to say was that the Uchiha are naturally temperamental and they sealed off their emotions. It makes sense if you consider that the more in tune with their emotions they get the more the Sharingan unlocks, which explains the "kill your best friend" etc as not literal requirements and allows for Kakashi. It doubly makes sense because the Sharingan is a double-edged sword that eventually blinds the user.

This isn't a new idea, all throughout Naruto the Uchiha are shown to snap as their Sharingans develop, even Itachi lost his shit when he got the upgrade. Since their emotions are tied to the Sharingan and the Sharingan makes it progressively harder to control themselves, then of course they'd be a problem the second would be worried about. Are you gonna leave a whole group of people that are genetically predisposed towards insanity in the middle of your city?

Of course mistrust also compounds the isse, thus Naruto.
That was why I wonder why it was a mistranslation. The word "love" doesn't really fit.

Not to mention I did somehow feel a little pissed at some who deemed Uchiha emo because of their inability to control their emotions. For an example, I have minor bipolar. Does it make me emo?

It was a complaint/insult I had to live with for quite some time so it did struck a nerve.

Kusagari

That list don't mean anything since Akainu walk all over WB captains after taking 2 mega hit from WB .
Admirals might not be as stronger as Yonko but from the war there were above WB captains .

None of the Admirals did anything to Marco until they caught him by surprise with the seastone handcuffs when he was distracted.

I'd say Marco's on the same tier as them, but probably a bit weaker overall, while the rest are definitely below.

That was why I wonder why it was a mistranslation. The word "love" doesn't really fit.

Not to mention I did somehow feel a little pissed at some who deemed Uchiha emo because of their inability to control their emotions. For an example, I have minor bipolar. Does it make me emo?

It was a complaint/insult I had to live with for quite some time so it did struck a nerve.

Will have to wait on MS to see but i get the feeling that the word love is right but the way how the translation went make it seem strange .
I guess when the raws come out some one can check .

None of the Admirals did anything to Marco until they caught him by surprise with the seastone handcuffs when he was distracted.

I'd say Marco's on the same tier as them, but probably a bit weaker overall, while the rest are definitely below.

But you forgot how Akainu took both Marco and Vista attack like it was nothing.
They also could not stop him from going after Luffy .
I say it's thanks to his DF he don't have to worry about damage but power wise he a good step behind .

I don't get why people like insert long running manga here. Well, I do but it's dumb. It's just a bunch of gimmicks to make sure you don't need to think about anything. There's enough inside jokes and fake foreshadowing to make people with the shortest attention span giggle. Just enough things going on to mask the fact that nothing ever actually happens and that there's only one story arc looped over and over.

Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom