• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

I liked the chapter. Although I would like an update on the battle.

I'm glad Kishi took the focus away from the battle. The war is such a joke, with meaningless deaths, "emotional scenes" and everyone getting power ups. This chapter was a nice change of pace.

One Piece
tumblr_mhr8fa3ca01qbxqfpo1_500.png

Definitely startting off well. One Piece is really good when its just really clear and concise without all the extra stuff ruining it and getting in the way. We form an alliance to destroy the people under Kaidou to thereby stop the spread of synthetic df users. Easy simple and bound to be fun with a new group of baddies. I hope Traffy stays along for the whole ride as he is definitely much better of a character than the non power trio on the mugiwara crew. I dont see the point of keep ceaser, and the stuff still on the island was massively disappointing. Oda has been treating Smoker so bad always, how is he always losing, getting hurt, defeated, and caught it makes no sense, really. Remember when he was an actual challenge for Luffy, this makes it look like a fluke that Luffy even had some difficulty against him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is it just me or does Law constantly have a "I've just made a huge mistake" look on his face, in this chapter at least.

GlassBox

Banned
Naruto

The whole "love" thing is not unexpected and makes a lot of sense.

Madara, Obito and Nagato have all stated that it is because we love that gives birth to hatred and Pain. And as we saw in all three cases, it was love that destroyed them all (especially Madara with the love of his clan/brother and Obito for his love of Rin).

Nagato was able to be saved probably because he wasn't an Uchiha by birth, but corrupted by the DNA from Madara's Rinnegan and the Gedo Mazo which contained Madara's will.

Naruto

Reasonable explanation. Now let´s hear Hashirama´s answer.

one piece

I hope Aokiji fucks Deflamingo. Luffy does not have to take every shishibukai and villain down.

Bleach

Kubo gets married. Kubo gets days off. Damn :p

He´s probably sick again. It´s like the same time every year. Poor guy.

It'll be interesting to see Luffy's reaction when Law
inevitably back stabs him

it might be even more interesting if he doesn't...Law is fully aware of luffy's charisma...I am sure if they will meet up with the Heart Pirates the will be pretty susceptible

I can't believe how much better the MS translation is. It reads better, it makes more sense and there aren't any (or as many) annoying typos. MS used to be my only source for the big three, but ManGAF made me pursue the fastest translations instead. Thanks for that, you guys!

Naruto

Lots of text but It's the Hokages so I guess it's pretty cool. The feeling stuff was kind of stupid though.

One Piece

I hope in the following arcs we get some more badass Sanji moments. Like in Alabasta he was always behind the scenes screwing up the plan for the organized antagonist. Also smoker getting spanked was unfortunate, but I think it was more him not fighting against Dofla since Smoker is pretty loyal to the marines and couldn't fight him in front of all his subordinates.
I know smoker tried to punch him in the chapter but I don't think he was giving it his all! Please don't suck smoker ;_;
No chapter next week is going to be killer.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
He should have been able to pulverize Donflamingo at least.
Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

And MS's translations aren't all that great. Didn't Kenpachi say he was getting a boner from the fight with Unohana last week? Not to mention all unnecessary swearing. It's like they hired some angry 14 year old kid. AT least they have HQ scans.

And MS's translations aren't all that great. Didn't Kenpachi say he was getting a boner from the fight with Unohana last week? Not to mention all unnecessary swearing. It's like they hired some angry 14 year old kid. AT least they have HQ scans.

That reminds me of that one scene in Naruto where Sai's like "Shit just got real".

That was a great translation.

There is now way that most VAs should be able to beat a Warlord .
There are 16 VA and if Smoker who just turn one was able to stand against a Warlord that was there for years well it make no sense having them .

I guess it gives it a certain personality (viz v ms vs mp)
tumblr_mhrawvhGlz1qbxqfpo1_400.png

tumblr_mhrawvhGlz1qbxqfpo2_250.png

tumblr_mhrcmvPrS31qbxqfpo1_250.png

I do think most of the swearing feels a bit out of place...at least when KHR was going on

They're still better than Panda's rush jobs.

Kusagari

Doflamingo could probably at least force Aokiji to get serious, going off what Jozu did in the war and how Doflamingo treated Jozu like a complete joke.

I'm not sure what people could possibly be expecting him to do against Doflamingo. We don't know for sure if he got beat in one move either since it cut away.

One Piece

So i was right in predicting that Kaido's crew will have smile everywhere, should be interesting to see what powers they got from it.

Samurai has business there also so he's staying for a while more.

Ceasar's reaction to compliments was LOL and just like him.

Kuzan is in the house and i wonder why.

Is it just me or does Law constantly have a "I've just made a huge mistake" look on his face, in this chapter at least.

Indeed.

Especially when Sanji told him that an alliance in Luffy's mind is a bit different LOL

Zeppu

They're still better than Panda's rush jobs.

I remember when MS was the considered the quick/shitty scanlators and we had to wait for OPHQ/Franky House/Binktopia (I can't remember which one had the really good translations) to get a proper translation. They they all quit OP.

One Piece 698

Exposition. Doflamingo's tearing shit up. Smoker is Aokiji's friend.

Naruto 619

Answers some of the questions. Second Hokage was the worst hokage. Power of love is canon.

Doflamingo could probably at least force Aokiji to get serious, going off what Jozu did in the war and how Doflamingo treated Jozu like a complete joke.

I'm not sure what people could possibly be expecting him to do against Doflamingo. We don't know for sure if he got beat in one move either since it cut away.

Years of training, Captain level strength, df user...Smoker should have at least done some type of damage. In the image, Doflamingo's chest looks pristine and the entirety of his body and clothes are unscathed.

Kurita

Years of training, Captain level strength, df user...Smoker should have at least done some type of damage. In the image, Doflamingo's chest looks pristine and the entirety of his body and clothes are unscathed.

Doflamingo has been a pirate for years, he was already a pirate when Roger got executed.
He's no small fry.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

There's a reason Doflamingo got away with as much as he has. He's got the power to back it up. A powerful Devil Fruit and all three types of Haki, a dangerous combo.
His latest attacks remind me of Rei from Fist of the North Star, but without people violently falling to pieces.

Kusagari

I really think people are just caught up in overestimating Smoker's importance because they want the "Luffy's Garp" thing to be true.

I really think people are just caught up in overestimating Smoker's importance because they want the "Luffy's Garp" thing to be true.

That along with Luffy running away from him all the time .
No matter who Luffy beat before the time skip smoker always looked stronger (beat him during the war ) but that just because Luffy could not hit him.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece

Really this is the first chapter that's given a hint as to what's going on with Doflamingo's devil fruit. We knew he could control people and cut shit, which seemed like an odd combinatino, but I think this is the first time they've shown those actual strands coming from his fingers. Seems pretty clear to me now that it's a "puppetmaster" fruit. He can control people by connecting the strands and twiddling his fingers, but the strands themselves are razor-sharp, and he can wield them as a cutting weapon.

One Piece

Really this is the first chapter that's given a hint as to what's going on with Doflamingo's devil fruit. We knew he could control people and cut shit, which seemed like an odd combinatino, but I think this is the first time they've shown those actual strands coming from his fingers. Seems pretty clear to me now that it's a "puppetmaster" fruit. He can control people by connecting the strands and twiddling his fingers, but the strands themselves are razor-sharp, and he can wield them as a cutting weapon.

Didn't we see the strands from his fingers in Jaya?

Zeppu

That's probably true, but there's also the fact that he chose the G5 base and his subordinates have the highest of respect for him. Like I said before I wasn't expecting him to beat DoFlamingo or anything but it's more that just from the looks of it he doesn't seem to have improved at all since we last saw him, when Luffy was terrified of him. Also, he's proven to be a terrible logia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom