• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece:
Well, Doflamingo is being a boss.

The setup in this chapter is pretty cool. The artificial devil fruits are a good idea, and it should make Kaidou's followers a big obstacle in the Strawhats' path. Interested to see where all of this goes.

Naruto:
It's nice that we finally get to know what Tobirama was like. He kept this chapter fairly interesting despite all of the Uchiha bullshit. The first three Hokage are all awesome.

Detective Conan:
Huge stuff. I'm really curious as to what exactly the past connection with Sera and Conan is. Conan's identity is obviously known to her, but he's pretty lax about it lately in general. I'm really curious now as to what the connection she has with him is (especially since Akai was never hinted at having any past connection with Shinichi) and what her current goals are.

Doesn't Ezra's armor get stronger the less of it there is? (Like her best armor is her being almost naked or whatever) If so that'd probably count as boobs.

I considered this as well.

Didn't Grey/Juvia somehow power up when Grey groped her chest as well? I vaguely remember that being a match-changing move.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan:
Huge stuff. I'm really curious as to what exactly the past connection with Sera and Conan is. Conan's identity is obviously known to her, but he's pretty lax about it lately in general. I'm really curious now as to what the connection she has with him is (especially since Akai was never hinted at having any past connection with Shinichi) and what her current goals are.

It probably has to do with a trip him and Ran took to Hawaii at some point in the past. Probably when they were little kids. If that's were they met her then it still leaves the question as to her motivations. This manga is always great when it deals with Black Organization stuff like this.

It probably has to do with a trip him and Ran took to Hawaii at some point in the past. Probably when they were little kids. If that's were they met her then it still leaves the question as to her motivations. This manga is always great when it deals with Black Organization stuff like this.

Yeah, meeting as kids would also match up with Sera's comments from about a year ago where she mentioned having known that Conan/Shinichi was a huge Holmes fan 'from a long time ago'. It's exciting, because I had assumed up until now that Sera was mostly just connected to the plot via being Akai's sister, but now we're finding out that she's more intertwined with Shinichi and Ran in some way.

The manga has recently been pretty great at doing all sorts of cases which advance the Black Organization stuff and give us new information about all the characters, so it's been a lot of fun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, meeting as kids would also match up with Sera's comments from about a year ago where she mentioned having known that Conan/Shinichi was a huge Holmes fan 'from a long time ago'. It's exciting, because I had assumed up until now that Sera was mostly just connected to the plot via being Akai's sister, but now we're finding out that she's more intertwined with Shinichi and Ran in some way.

The manga has recently been pretty great at doing all sorts of cases which advance the Black Organization stuff and give us new information about all the characters, so it's been a lot of fun.

Sera is Akai's sister? Damn I never caught that, I need to do some rereading.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 06

9SoE9Nfl.png

Perfect waifu.

Kurita

I remember loving the Conan anime when I was a kid. I'd like to read the manga at some point but there are so many volumes...

Sera is Akai's sister? Damn I never caught that, I need to do some rereading.

It's all in the Gundam name references:

Akai Shuuichi = Red from Red Comet plus Ikeda Shuuichi, who voiced Char (he also voices Akai in the anime)
Moroboshi Dai (Akai's name when he infiltrated the Organization) = Comet plus Dai from Casval Rem Deikun (pronounced as Dai-kun, which is what Akemi called him)
Okiya Subara = drop the O and you get Kiyasubaru, which is how Casval is written

Sera Masumi = Sayla Mass, Char's younger sister

Amuro Tohru = Amuro Ray plus Tohru Furuya (Amuro's voice actor in both Gundam and Conan)

And then it was outright confirmed in the Mystery Train, when she saw 'Akai' (although it was actually Vermouth) and called him brother.

There were a lot of other hints before that, though, like James recognizing her and the way that Subaru would react when he saw her from a distance.

I remember loving the Conan anime when I was a kid. I'd like to read the manga at some point but there are so many volumes...

Yeah, it's a big undertaking. Catching up to Conan took me longer than any other manga did (even though Ippo is longer, Conan is a lot wordier), and that was about five years ago, and there's even more today.

But it's so worth it. Reading through the series trying to catch up was probably the most fun I ever had with a single manga. There are so many mindblowing plot twists that are just executed perfectly.

Nisekoi 61

EOJWgl0.png

Raku was unusually boss this chapter. Also Chitoge looks better without her ribbon.

I love Mangaka-san but I agree with this completly. If you haven't already you should read his Fate/Stay Night and his Touhou doujins. I don't think there has ever been a single completly serious character in one of his works.
I remember reading some of his Touhou doujins a while back. The guy really adds his own distinctive spin to anything he touches.

Akito

Nisekoi 61
Raku was unusually boss this chapter. Also Chitoge looks better without her ribbon.
You mean super weird.

I don't buy the fact that Raku is able to do tasks that nobody else seem to be able of but whatever. Once again the reaction faces are the best thing about Nisekoi, Onodera's blank face never gets old.

Kurita

Heh, I always thought Raku was a really cool dude even though he's kind of stupid. I like his design, it's simple yet pretty good.

Kusagari

Seriously? She's so goddamn boring. She's always making him coffee or breakfast in bed in the future and they act like a couple on their first date, it's like a 50s fantasy of a woman.

The best ending would be if he did end up with her but in reality she was a raging psychopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom