• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The Highschool of the Dead returns?

Finally.

The only manga where the fat guy isn't relegated to the "forevermore sidekick who is basically useless" role, which is awesome.

If they kill him off--Kohta--I'm going to be forever pissed.

Oh, and good luck too to Angry Grimace. "Bar Exam" means lawyer, yeah? Good luck mate!

Kurita

about solanin, i really like how asian kungfu generation's solanin song for the movie basically uses the same lyrics as the one written on the manga
or was it exactly the same? can't remember since it's been a while since i read solanin
IIRC the lyrics are the same because Asano wrote them.

Dresden

Highschool of the Dead is coming back? Hope someone picks up that other Daisuke Satou manga, Imperial Guard/Koukoku no Shugosha. It's only been a thousand days since ch1.

CfGCgeK.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Doujin Work vols 2-5 (14-68)

Yeah, the lack of restrictions makes this more enjoyable than the anime. Tsuyuri in particular is a real ball of malevolent manipulative magnificence. I love how the list of Najima's friends on the back of vol 4 includes all the main characters except for her. Reading between the lines much?

Vol 6 is the last one but it doesn't look like there's been any progress with it. Shame since (unusually for a 4koma series) I'm really curious to see how this finishes up, i.e. whether Tsuyuri manages to completely destroy her friend's business associate's self-esteem or not.

This was way more entertaining then I was expecting. I also liked how it didn't shy away from the sexual nature of the topic but didn't go into the fanservice realm either.

Fairy Tail 318

Iron Shadow Dragon... WOW, I mean it too because that was an amazing last panel. Sure the plot has always been crap but damn I gotta give credit to Mashima for his drawings and power-ups.

Really eager to see the finale of this and why Rouge/Raios has the dark magic. Wonder if it will effect Gajeel? I imagine Sting has this special type of mode too.

Now to wait for Kenichi.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fairy Tail
All of these matchups are pointless since Sting is clearly just waiting for everyone else to take themselves out so that he can just knock out the weakened remainders and thus win the contest.

Kenichi 509:

Woo Takeda nice job with your fight. Took out Lugh with an awesome tech. After next week is Miu vs Rimi. Waiting 2 weeks for a fanservice fight chapter is worth it lol. Not as bad as Renka vs Castor though lol.

uAzuYj2.png

uS0lO.jpg

Can't even find the reason for the ban.

Probably a self ban so he could focus on the bar.

Fresh Box

If she actually beats the fresh maker I'm going to be really disappointed.

Fairy Tail

Iron shadow dragon looks dope, I just want someone to start explaining the truth so we can get closer to end game

Atredeus

Neo Member
Crunchyroll reports that Highschool of the Dead manga may be planning to restart soon. (hiatus since jan 2011)

Hooray! More zombies and fanservice!

Medaka

Dat Neinami.

Kenichi

Oh good, they'll have even less clothes now. But at least Takeda's fight was interesting.

Fairy Let's Stop With the Clever Names We Know This is Crap

Well good, Gajeel deserves a powerup. Even if it's an ass pull. And I love that having two Lucies just makes her twice as useless.

dumbyugi

Mangaka-san to Assistant 134

I now realise how utterly inferior this is compared to Doujin Work (same author). Particularly the characters.

I love Mangaka-san but I agree with this completly. If you haven't already you should read his Fate/Stay Night and his Touhou doujins. I don't think there has ever been a single completly serious character in one of his works.

Jintor

Angel Densetsu 02

I have no idea how the mangaka can keep this schtick up for 7 15 volumes, but I am excited to find out. Freaking hilarious.

Kuroko no Basket 200

Basically setting up for the finale of the match in the next chapter. I do wish Hyuga would have been able to make the shot.

Koibitogokoro 2
tumblr_mhu28r9w7b1rcqby1o1_500.jpg

Scattering the the story around three different volumes is such an awkward practice, wonder why companies and writers do it. Anyway, still good and instead of doing the usual at the very least trying to establish their stance on being in a relationship or at this point in time lovers. Rainy storm event was interesting and more nice blushing scenes.

K - Nights of the Kings

Just more of Munakata Reishi and Mikoto Suoh, good art and cover.

Lain

Happy! Perfect Edition vol 15 [END]

Got the first part of my manga order today:
t1l.jpg

As the picture shows, I finally got the last volume of Happy! between other stuff and I had to read it first.
It managed to end positively and defy my grim suppositions (though with a bit too much ass-pulls, one could say), which means I'll give Yawara! a chance, despite still thinking Urasawa isn't that great of a writer or storyteller.

At the end of the road, I can say I liked Umino's good nature and her cuteness, but her naivety was really one of the worst trait for a main character I've had to endure. I don't want to say that every other character sucked, because some of them were OK, but the majority of the cast was unlikable (especially Umino's brothers, and I mean all 4 of them and that asshole Choko) and while it makes for feel good moments, the reversals at the end don't sit well with me, not completely anyways, because, leaving aside what some of them deserved, it did feel good to see it play out as it did.

Fairy Tail

Since Gajeel became a FT member he has been worfed, and now he gets mega power up like Natsu. Anyhow i´m glad that Gajeel is getting some love. I still don´t like these kind of power ups though.

scy

@Grimace - Good luck with the bar exam. We'll keep up the Big 3 arguing for you.

Angel Densetsu 02

I have no idea how the mangaka can keep this schtick up for 7 15 volumes, but I am excited to find out. Freaking hilarious.

I read Angel Densetsu and I can't answer that question.

scy

History's Strongest Disciple ... Wait, Renka chapter? 507.5 - So I apparently skipped this gaiden chapter awhile back and it's the third one? Well, okay. It's actually a really long chapter (~50 pages) though it's mostly a recap of two prior Renka-related fights. And mostly fanserice of Renka and showing Chou off with upgaded art (aka, bigger breasts).

And Pisuke being a boss bird.

And, well, a confession of sorts.

Wait, huh?

History's Strongest Disciple Takeda 509 - Clinch into an Ippo-style Liver Blow? Well, okay.

Color cover for the fanservice fight next chapter? Well, okay.

Medaka Box 181 - Well, they're all dead. Go Nienami!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom