• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
1J4akEw.jpg

"Stop reading manga all the time and STUDY!"

Aunt Tits 65-66

We get a masturbation chapter then....seat belt effect and more teasing aunt tits.

Beelzebub

I'm liking Nasu so far. Hopefully them wanting baby Beel has to do with the demon world. Stories are usually a lot better when they deal with that stuff.

Cwarrior

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/i...e-and-dragon-ball-z-crossover-lineup-revealed

20130205dog00m200044000c_450.jpg

On Wednesday, Toei Animation revealed the cast and story for the "Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Chō Collaboration Special!!" airing on April 7. Toriko's International Gourmet Organization has sponsored "Tenkaichi Shokuōkai," a merciless race with no rules (and a nod to Dragon Ball Z's Tenkaichi Budōkai tournament). The showdown may determine the strongest of the three franchises' leads: Toriko, Goku, or Luffy.

The special will feature the following cast of characters:

Toriko: Toriko, Sunny, Zebra, Coco (the "Four Heavenly King" Gourmet Hunters), Komatsu, Rin, Setsuno
One Piece: Luffy, Nami, Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, Franky, Robin, Usopp
Dragon Ball Z: Goku, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Kame Sennin, Android No. 18, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krilin, Announcer, Mr. Satan

Huh? So this really going to be some multiverse fan-fiction pleaser fight?

Magi

Damn, did I pick a perfect time to catch up on this. So far this war is pretty awesome.

Nice to see Aladdin get his Magi powers coming back to him just as the Finalis will be pissed off by being shocked.

So what they mean is, the DBZ characters are going to curbstomp everybody. Because that's what would actually happen.

I thought itd most likely have some baddie show up to interrupt whatever tenkaichi budokai their having. Would they really use it as a tool to show that dbz characters are more awesomer than Toriko or One Piece characters?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll probably never understand the people who prefer digital/e-book over physical copies of books/manga. The act of reading itself is better to me when you hold it in your hand, feel the pages and notice the faint smell of ink/paper. And then there's the more satisfying collecting aspect. I don't feel as much attachment to books/manga/movies if I only have them in digital form. Unfortunately most of the manga I read aren't available physically here and I want to try keeping my collection homogeneous without too many english releases (Hayate and Wandering Son stand out enough already). And yes I do have trouble finding space for them by now and I still don't want to forsake physical.

Same thing goes for games for me. Yes, it's more convenient to get them digitally, but I'm less satisfied because the collecting aspect is gone. Even though I prefer playing PC games, I prefer buying console games since I don't have an impaired version (don't jump on this part talking about graphics I only play exlusives on consoles :p) barring online multiplayer stuff that I don't care about in most games anyway and I only play pure multiplayer games for multiplayer. There's also not a single unplayed PS3 game I own because of that, whereas my steam library is much worse.

I have barely enough space as it is, plus I seriously don't care about the feel of the paper or whatever. If it's a nice colour manga than I would consider having a nice physical copy because usually those use good quality paper to really bring out the art style and colours, but most mangas and books are black and white printed on pretty crappy stock most of the time.

Also goddamn I have so many books where the glue is starting to melt and the pages come off. Pain in the ass to maintain. The binding can be so shoddy at times.

Plus I like to read manga in a series in a huge marathon. Being able to carry what is equivalent to hundreds of books everywhere all the time is a gamechanger.

Kusagari

Aku no Hana 41

Oh man...Saeki.

She's obviously still obsessed with Kasuga, lol at her boyfriend being a replica of him, and trying to hold in the crazy. I wonder where she's going with the Nakamura question.

Abnormal-kei Joshi 1

Well, this is clearly going to be a thing. From skimming through the newly released first chapter, this series' hook seems to be that the MC's potential harem only comprises girls who're mentally unstable. This chapter introduced a stalker, a masochist, a delusionist and a serial killer, all engaged in their respective arts. Apparently there're a few more girls to come.

Not gonna lie, this is insanely relevant to my interests. Will follow it from a very close distance, never letting it out of my sight, and pick it up properly when there're more chapters out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What jurisdiction?

California.

Aku no Hana 41

Oh man...Saeki.

She's obviously still obsessed with Kasuga, lol at her boyfriend being a replica of him, and trying to hold in the crazy. I wonder where she's going with the Nakamura question.

If I had to guess, she's still riddled with Kasuga's infectious insanity and its some utterly unfathomable nonsense. I suppose its not surprising she got institutionalized after the pre-time skip events.

Pyrokles

Neo Member
I have barely enough space as it is, plus I seriously don't care about the feel of the paper or whatever. If it's a nice colour manga than I would consider having a nice physical copy because usually those use good quality paper to really bring out the art style and colours, but most mangas and books are black and white printed on pretty crappy stock most of the time.

Also goddamn I have so many books where the glue is starting to melt and the pages come off. Pain in the ass to maintain. The binding can be so shoddy at times.

Plus I like to read manga in a series in a huge marathon. Being able to carry what is equivalent to hundreds of books everywhere all the time is a gamechanger.

I guess with my preference I'm lucky I almost only read at home since I simply find that more comfortable. Whenever I do read elsewhere I never have time for more than two volumes so the amount I can carry with me is not an issue. And I agree on most paper being bad and would gladly pay more if that increased the quality, though I would also prefer all manga to be available in a hardcover version with several volumes bundled (I know this'll never happen but let me dream) since paperback just can't be kept in a condition I'd be happy with unless you don't read it. That's one advantage digital would have over physical for me: I'd not have to worry about the condition or a potentially better version if there's a high enough minimum resolution.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Reading the last chapters of Toriko: this manga's power level is absurd. Not quite Dragon Ball level yet but it easily eclipses the likes of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece.

Qvoth

Aku no Hana 41

Oh man...Saeki.

My guess is, she's pissed because kasuga didn't end up with nakamura
She saw what happened on tv, and my guess is she finally realized she could never have kasuga because he loved nakamura enough for a suicide pact
But turns out, kasuga didn't end up with nakamura anyway, so her "giving up" of kasuga became pointless
I did a catch up from chapter 10ish until newest, and it blows my mind how good the art style of the mangaka is now

Shokugeki no soma 1-9

Props to the author for showing the male expressions as well as the female's. Main character is likable, still waiting for something challenging for him to overcome.

Kinda obvious he'll end up with the ojou when the story ends.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/i...e-and-dragon-ball-z-crossover-lineup-revealed

Huh? So this really going to be some multiverse fan-fiction pleaser fight?

Dragon Ball Z: Goku, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Kame Sennin, Android No. 18, Vegeta, Piccolo, Krilin, Announcer, Mr. Satan

Bah.

Rather have Future Trunks make a comeback.

Aku no Hana 38-41

Oh shit creepy raper girl! Kasuga should have smashed his phone like he was going to. Nothing good can come from this! *grabs popcorn*

Qvoth

there's ghost in the shell uniqlo shirts???
takehiko inoue shirts???
can't wait till i go to singapore, hopefully at the end of this month

Jintor

I have an Evangelion uniqlo t-shirt canister on my shelf. I keep all my foreign coins in it. Presumably this means I have an Evangelion t-shirt somewhere in my closet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, it's a short manga anyway. Read it till the end and see how you feel about things.

Read it at the right time in my life. Still a teenager unsure and insecure about how my life would proceed.

Qvoth

There was Evangelion, Uchuu Kyodai, Dragonball and Gundam T shirts too, but I think those are already out of stock.

i only haven't been to any uniqlo for the last half year, so i'm only missing out on the newer things
i already have evangelion shirts, mgs4 shirts, mgs 25th anniversary shirts, monster hunter, etc

about solanin, i really like how asian kungfu generation's solanin song for the movie basically uses the same lyrics as the one written on the manga
or was it exactly the same? can't remember since it's been a while since i read solanin

Good Morning v1 (end)
tumblr_mhu38uqnCk1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Two stories, good morning and then one on melon bread. Good Morning was pretty good to see how two characters who wake up the next day in the same bed naked go about their normal days while one, homosexual tries to get his emotions across to the other and he battles with why he somehow has badump feelings for the other one. Jealousy comes in due to a past colleague and then everything else happens. Good ending, and the artwork was nice, she really puts tons of details on the eyes. Melon Bread story was also good, head boss brings one of the workers melon bread at the cafeteria and slowly romance forms. The funniest moment was outside of this when he snapped at his boss who was trying to give him more work to do since he always does everything the boss says even if its an inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom