• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked if he didn't. She's going to be the final girl.

Is it weird that I'm actually perfectly okay with that (and being completely honest would be disappointed if he didn't end up with her or at least smashing) despite the unfortunate implications?

Manga-GAF has corrupted me! D:

Tamanon

Banned
I hesitate to google anything involving family members and body parts. I just waited for someone to write the actual name a while ago.

Jintor

Angel Densetsu 03 - 41

This series is frickin' hilarious. My god. I stayed up until 2 reading it and now I have to push some stuff to tommorrow :/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Angel Densetsu 03 - 41

This series is frickin' hilarious. My god. I stayed up until 2 reading it and now I have to push some stuff to tommorrow :/

It's a lot of fun. It may feel like the scary face gets overused a bit as it goes on, but after a while it either stops focusing on it or casts it in a new way so as to keep it fresh. Probably the funniest manga I've ever read bar none.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I also had some kind of weird fever dream and was thinking about this article and kind of want to make a high-stakes shonen manga about some kind of huge game of tag

Combine this with Eden of the East.

An eccentric billionaire gives 12 people $1 billion, which are tied to accounts that they can access with state of the art Android phones from anywhere in the world. One random person is made "it". Whoever is "it" loses money from their account rapidly, and if a person's balance reaches $0, they are killed. The last one standing gets to spend the rest of their cash however they wish.

In order to avoid the others, you need to make use of your money.

However.

The more money you use, the closer you come to death.

Copyright © Haly 2013 DO NOT DUPLICATE OR REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT PERMISSION

An eccentric billionaire gives 12 people $1 billion, which are tied to accounts that they can access with state of the art Android phones from anywhere in the world. One random person is made "it". Whoever is "it" loses money from their account rapidly, and if a person's balance reaches $0, they are killed. The last one standing gets to spend the rest of their cash however they wish.

Where will Juiz fit into this?

Jintor

However.

I was definitely going to do something with smartphones

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

However.

Stay out of my mind! Now I'll feel bad if I do this.

This one has been on my reading list for a while now. I think it was Kagari, who recommended it to me a while ago, when I was looking for a good horror manga.

6000, ch. 1

wjOBuHc.jpg

"6000" is a horror manga by Koike Nokuto.

A Japanese company built an underwater facility 6000 meters beneath the water surface. After a huge accident that kills the entire crew, the facility gets shut down and sealed. 3 years later, a Chinese company takes over everything and attempts to get the facility running again. The main character is Kadokura Kengo, who works for the company that got taken over by the Chinese, and is part of the new team that is supposed to prepare everything for the reopening. Hilarity ensures.

The first chapter was pretty decent so far. Kengo seems like a spineless company worker, who can't deal with pressure and authority figures. His new boss figured that out quickly and thinks Kengo might be perfect to get sent down there. The reader is still in the dark at this point, but quickly notices that the Chinese seem to know very well what went down on that facility three years ago. Intriguing.

It reminds me a bit of Dead Space. I hope I'm not wasting my time with this.

Haly

Too late, I've already copyrighted the idea. If I see anything like this on the market you'll owe me royalties.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Jintor

You can't copyright an idea, only the expression of an idea. You have to make an actual manga before you can copyright it.

Haly

You can't copyright an idea, only the expression of an idea. You have to make an actual manga before you can copyright it.

I'm copyrighting the contents of the post that I published on www.neogaf.com at 2/7/2013 6:55 PM.

Wait, shit, I forgot Evilore owns every GAF post.

Jintor

You'd only be copyrighting the post itself, so you'd hold copyright over the words in that post but not the ideas it expresses

Haly

Yo haly what happens when the person who's it dies

Gets randomly transferred to someone else.

No one is safe.
You'd only be copyrighting the post itself, so you'd hold copyright over the words in that post but not the ideas it expresses

True, but anything you come up with would be derivatory!

You'd be the Blizzard to my Game's Workshop!

Wait... that didn't come out right.

Haly

I forgot who even pitched it. Was it Cosmic?

However.

Copyright © Haly 2013 DO NOT DUPLICATE OR REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT PERMISSION

How does the one who is "it" make someone else "it"?

Jintor

I think it has to be more specific than a simple tag. I would go for a full on wrist-grab. My alternate idea was some kind of thing involving the smartphones but I couldn't figure out what it would be without having to wear, like, some stupid watch-thing.

Haly

The last time I played tag was at a summer camp and it ended with me being hauled in front of the camp director.

This would be like that except the camp director shoots you in the head.

Touching their person or something they're wearing?

GEEZ, DID YOU NEVER PLAY TAG IN YOUR CHILDHOOD?

That seems too simple and not entirely fair to the person who is it if this is a global game unless they always know the location and faces of the other players. Even then it seems like the game would end just by the people who are "it" dying from running out of money and not actually catching anyone. There is a reason boundaries are established in games of tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom