• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechkid

Huh, I actually thought they're a rather good bright spot amidst all the hellish filler.

Not to mention when compared to the unending "Ran is suspicious that Conan is Shinichi but is he really?" subplot or the terrible way Gosho handled all the romances in the manga goddamn.

The only one I care about is Mori/his wife and that pisses me off.

Akito

Huh, I actually thought they're a rather good bright spot amidst all the hellish filler.

Not to mention when compared to the unending "Ran is suspicious that Conan is Shinichi but is he really?" subplot or the terrible way Gosho handled all the romances in the manga goddamn.
Ran is a terrible character, Shinichi should hook up with Ai, alas it will never happen
nor will this series ever end

Kurita

Top 10 ongoing mangas list? Hard to rank them, so enjoy a list without numbers.
REAL
Punpun
One Piece
One Punch-Man
Assassination Classroom
I Am a Hero
Haikyu!!
Shingeki no Kyojin
Toriko
Space Brothers

Akito

Some artworks from Biorg Trinity, the new series from Oh Great. You know the one where he's only the artist with someone else writing the story. The colorful palette reminds me of Bakuman but I expect it to be way more crazy than that.

c9z9xh2g138lbu8zx.jpg
c9z9xs6p7p6jjyadp.jpg
c9z9y1axb5ouge80d.jpg

thetechkid

Some artworks from Biorg Trinity, the new series from Oh Great. You know the one where he's only the artist with someone else writing the story. The colorful palette reminds me of Bakuman but I expect it to be way more crazy than that.

Why are there two Crows and which one will out antisocial the other?!

dumbyugi

Samehada-Otoko to Momojiri-Onna

I randomly decided to read this so I had no idea what to expect. The art and story were both pretty meh and yet I still liked it for some reason. The characters were all right and I really liked the ending but I still don't know why I liked it.

Kitsune no Akuma to Kuroi Madousho 1-12

Stock standard boy gets power from demon/youkai/whatever story. The art is good and I like the characters so far but it's nothing amazing. I'm a fan of this type of series though so not amazing is still entertaining enough for me.

My Girl

What an absolutely fantastic series. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it. Easily the best thing I've read in quite a while.

Spirit Circle 1-7

This is the latest series from the Biscuit Hammer author and I'm really not feeling it yet. I'm going to give it time because I liked Biscuit Hammer so much but so far it's been pretty crap. The art isn't as good as Biscuit Hammer's either, which is bad because the art was always Biscuit Hammer's weakest aspect.

Top 10 ongoing mangas list? Hard to rank them, so enjoy a list without numbers.
REAL
Punpun
One Piece
One Punch-Man
Assassination Classroom
I Am a Hero
Haikyu!!
Shingeki no Kyojin
Toriko
Space Brothers

I saw that the first episode of Space Brothers was on Crunchyroll. Manga > Anime?

Kurita

I saw that the first episode of Space Brothers was on Crunchyroll. Manga > Anime?
Honestly both are really good. The VA and the musics are really solid.
I think the character design is better in the anime though, the art of the manga is... special. But the story, the characters, the humor... are excellent so it's not a problem.
I both read the manga and watch the anime so...

If it's not Oh!Great that writes the story the manga have a shot at not having a confusing
and more importantly, SHITTY
story ! Will read.

Kusagari

Oh Great not writing means the manga might actually be good.

But it also means we might not get an Obama appearance.

Kreed

Liar Game 165:

Still missing a lot of details here (like how he got everyone to work together/etc...), but it's nice to see Akiyama finally doing something.

upandaway

I really like the anime. The music is just fuzzy and amazing and the special moments are delivered really well (sorta reminds me of Gintama in how the serious stuff are, the one series I didn't think I'd compare to this one). Latest episode made me smile so hard my cheeks hurt.
I did read a bit of the manga and it was nice but my heart lies elsewhere.

Conan-san

Spirit Circle 1-7

This is the latest series from the Biscuit Hammer author and I'm really not feeling it yet. I'm going to give it time because I liked Biscuit Hammer so much but so far it's been pretty crap. The art isn't as good as Biscuit Hammer's either, which is bad because the art was always Biscuit Hammer's weakest aspect.
The main problem is that the main female comes off as a unsympathetic and unwilling to drop a grudge.

Kurita

I really like the anime. The music is just fuzzy and amazing and the special moments are delivered really well (sorta reminds me of Gintama in how the serious stuff are, the one series I didn't think I'd compare to this one). Latest episode made me smile so hard my cheeks hurt.
I did read a bit of the manga and it was nice but my heart lies elsewhere.

Feels Good Man : The Anime

The two lead characters, blue hair, red hair, seem cool, random stuff in the background is baffling. Will add to my plan to read list...hope it has a kazu like character.

wonzo

Banned
Kiruko 5

shinmaifukei5.png

sweets smut

Molester Man 13

jesus, that shigurui spoof was utterly brilliant

Binbougami ga! 46

binbou46.png

:dresden

Medaka Box 176

Oh Kumagawa, I wonder if there's more to his relentless self gimping. Maybe it's all just a part of his grand master plan or something.

AKB49 92-93

Oh boy, this encore's gonna completely and utterly destroy &Jewel so hard that I'm gonna end up feeling sorry for them aren't I!?

Final chapter out January 8th, and volume 2 will be out in February. It's been a long wait, but my body is READY
shame the worlds ending

Aunt's Tits 61

*Sigh* that was an even bigger boner kill then the last boner kill moment in this series

Medaka Box Medaka's Successor Arc

It's strange how much I like and dislike this arc at the same time. I love the idea of the not equals as villains, but they don't do anything with them. I like the idea of Zenkichi becoming Medaka's "villain" but could have done without all the self referential humor being shoved down my throat. We spend almost 20 chapters inside the first challenge establishing the 5 potential successors, then switch the plot to Zenkichi without warning.

Overall I enjoyed the arc, it's just frustrating how inconsistent it feels. Kumagawa is boss as always, naked apron alliance ftw.

dramatis

Lol sorry for all the nonsense, I went to sleep after posting OT last night.

Top 10 right now is temporary (duh). The Smut 10 will be up sometime too.

Nocebo

Liar Game 165:

Still missing a lot of details here (like how he got everyone to work together/etc...), but it's nice to see Akiyama finally doing something.
I assume he had Kawai run around and convince everyone while giving the Harimoto group the impression he was working for them. But yeah the question is how did he gain their trust like you said.

El Sloth

Banned
ATTENTION SMUT GAF:

Check out Koimoku which can probably best summarized up as Mangaka Smut. Although the original name is short enough that it doesn't need a nickname like the others. It's about a shitty mangaka and his big tittied editor.

7tHk7.jpg

Naturally

Will he be able fulfill the hopes of his editor? Will the comic end with him going to jail for sexual assault? Will there ever be an Im Dal-Young manga that doesn't have balloon tits? Find out next time on Mangaka Smut Z.

Your list is immediately invalidated due to not putting I am a Hero in the number 1 spot. Unacceptable :p
Boys on the Run >>>>>>>>> I am a Hero even though they're both from Hanazawa Kengo and both awesome.
Oh and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai is funny stuff.
It's a pretty great comic. Well, it does to go downhill after a bit, but the initial volumes are amazing.

Team Meat or Team Yozora?

DarkMehm

Captain Tsubasa 1-100

Reading this after being a huge fan of the original anime like almost 20 years ago. Wow, the chapters are really huge. I read through a 144 page chapter and that has to be a record or something.

Kurita

Captain Tsubasa 1-100

Reading this after being a huge fan of the original anime like almost 20 years ago. Wow, the chapters are really huge. I read through a 144 page chapter and that has to be a record or something.
I think you read a volume, not a chapter.

DarkMehm

Initially I thought so too, but it really has 114 chapters which got collected into 37 volumes. There are volumes with one chapter in it, lol. It feels like a manga that is 400 chapters long.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hey all. My first time posting in any of the Manga threads here. In the past I have enjoyed Loveless and Berserk (still working through Berserk actually), also while it is not manga, Scott Pilgrim (heavy manga influences). would I like Sword Art Online? I have not seen any of the episodes but I keep seeing it on crunchyroll. I'm talking about the manga version, though.

2San

ATTENTION SMUT GAF:

Check out Koimoku which can probably best summarized up as Mangaka Smut. Although the original name is short enough that it doesn't need a nickname like the others. It's about a shitty mangaka and his big tittied editor.
No, never!!! All Lim Dall-Young's manga are made with the sole purpose to make you rage. Never again!

Akito

Hey all. My first time posting in any of the Manga threads here. In the past I have enjoyed Loveless and Berserk (still working through Berserk actually), also while it is not manga, Scott Pilgrim (heavy manga influences). would I like Sword Art Online? I have not seen any of the episodes but I keep seeing it on crunchyroll. I'm talking about the manga version, though.
SAO is a terrible series one should avoid in all forms and at all cost. When you're looking for something akin to Berserk, I would recommend Shingeki no Kyojin, Claymore, Vinland Saga or Shin Angyo Onshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom