• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAO is a terrible series one should avoid in all forms and at all cost. When you're looking for something akin to Berserk, I would recommend Shingeki no Kyojin, Claymore, Vinland Saga or Shin Angyo Onshi.

Hey SAO is okay even if MC is broken among other problems lol .
Then again i read the novels and current arc ( in the anime ) is the worst one out of all of them .

Truth is there really nothing out there like berserk which makes the wait for it that much harder.
Suppose to start back on Dec 28 but who knows how long that going to last .

PK Gaming

How's the weather over there, OP? Would you kindly update your OP please?

One Piece not being in the top 10 is really jarring... and why is One Punch man shown twice? I mean I dig the work you put into setting up the thread, but you really couldn't think of using another manga?!?

Tower of God 28-40

The pacing has slowed down considerably but it's not a bad thing. It's allowed for a lot more development of the side characters and a little history on the tower. I can't help but think there is more going on with Baam and Lahel.

Edit OP top 10 talk: Does anyone even discuss TWGOK anymore? Seems to have died down considerably.

Hey all. My first time posting in any of the Manga threads here. In the past I have enjoyed Loveless and Berserk (still working through Berserk actually), also while it is not manga, Scott Pilgrim (heavy manga influences). would I like Sword Art Online? I have not seen any of the episodes but I keep seeing it on crunchyroll. I'm talking about the manga version, though.

Depends, do you enjoy watching spectacle train wrecks or do you prefer watching really good quality series? If it's the former then yes watch SAO, it's the funniest thing to come out of Japan in years.

upandaway

Toriko

Komatsu vs Zaus off the bat, oh my god!

There's a recent trend in Jump to do the craziest, most endgame matches in the first round, to start off with a bang. And I love it.

Medaka Box

Zenkichi being amazing and Kumagawa being amazing both in the same scene? I didn't realize that was possible.

Looks like things are reaching the climax now, I wanna see what happens when Fukurou meets Iihiko.

Kiruko-san

Well, this manga sure settled down fast.

Now I'm really not sure this can survive. Or rather, it kinda looks like this won't survive.

EDIT : Did not realise I posted that much. Heh.

That´s because you make a lot of shit comments about manga you never read.

Toriko

Why the hell is the author speeding through cooking in the cooking festival? I wanted to see cook offs. Next chapter should be good.

Kuroko no basket

Blah, blah Kise blah blah rest of Kaijou is shit.

dramatis

you think we can get a wall of shame of the top 10 posters in all 7 mangagaf threads?
Maybe.

For OT6 though:

1386c4134b556e427a9938b46e8c35307209d21f.jpg

Why yes, it's quite hideous.

scy

Hm, only #10.

I guess I need to post more impressions in separate posts. Maybe I'll rejoin Wednesday GAF discussion!

Pimpwerx

Gantz
WTF is going on in this manga? The author is really wasting time drawing lots of nonsense like people queued in line to transfer to Earth, while random humans and aliens fight right next to the line. I mean...wtf was the point? Some random person back on Earth walking up to Kurono and telling him he's awesome? Really? Who even remembers who that guy is anyway?

This manga has been terrible for a long time now, and I've been waiting for it to end. I've dedicated enough time, I must see it through to the end. However, this is getting tedious, and it feels like the author is simply stalling right now. The pacing is slow enough to put Kubo to sleep. I've never seen this many pages wasted on filler. SMH. PEACE.

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 5

Kind of not a good chapter, or rather, certainly not one you would throw out and have as your fifth one as a new manga. It seemed like something youd have show up once well established since its bringing up old acquaintances, providing some backstory, though not really doing anything special. Series has and is going downhill fast and I dont know if there is really anything to look forward to in this "mini-arc" of sorts. Tje panel wonzo posted is probably the only special thing here...

scy

Toriko 216 - Please don't interrupt the cooking battles yet. Komatsu needs to get pretty high in the rankings here. Plus, show off that Melk knife.

Toriko

Why the hell is the author speeding through cooking in the cooking festival? I wanted to see cook offs. Next chapter should be good.

I'm hoping it was to just get out of the preliminary stuff faster (and to avoid having to introduce even more chefs that exist merely to be removed) and into these cooking matches.

Hopefully, anyway.

Yes...YES.

Need to find my own gimmick. Time for my training arc to begin.

Beelzebub

Hilda pulls a Kenpachi. Not sure why, but Oga wanting to get a mechanical pencil is hilarious. Kind of a lame ending overall though...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man now how am I gonna get to this thread easily. I always just typed "smut" into my Firefox address bar.

Aunt Tits

Jesus Christ, really!? Fuck this manga to hell and back.

This is Lucy and the Football in manga form. It's getting seriously old.

He has five chapters to man the fuck up before I stop giving a shit.

scy

Otaku, Riajus, the title is kind of dumb okay? 1-5 - It's like Toradora with an awkward otaku plot line thrown into it. So we all know how this is going to inevitably end.

Man now how am I gonna get to this thread easily. I always just typed "smut" into my Firefox address bar.

Sounds like a dangerous game.

Akito

Molester Man 14
Quite an emotional chapter, I really didn't expect him to actually confess after the cop out. It seems like Kansai didn't have a clue after all but things are not looking any better. Still, kudos to him to not let the last chance slip away.

Molester Man 14

I'm so proud of Molester Man for actually confessing his feelings lol. The entire first half of the chapter was hilarious, that fake ending had me going for a moment. And I guess Kansai is totally oblivious.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
How good is Toriko? One of my friends is swearing by it and I'm certainly looking for something new to read so I can resist the urge to reread through One Piece . . . again. How about Magic? I tried the first couple chapters a while ago and it didn't click.

upandaway

Molester Man 14

Dude...

I'm still in shock he actually said "do loli" to her. Man... I don't even know how she kept a straight face after that part. But at least he confessed.

Kansai's face at the end looked like she analyzed a trillion different scenarios in a second and reached salvation or something. Now it should make sense to her why he was so pressured by her on the bench and what kind of convoluted drama she's dealing with here.

Kurita

How good is Toriko? One of my friends is swearing by it and I'm certainly looking for something new to read so I can resist the urge to reread through One Piece . . . again. How about Magic? I tried the first couple chapters a while ago and it didn't click.

What if Sanji had his own manga?
Well, that would be Toriko. I really like it, the creatures, the food, the setting... It's still a pretty straight-forward action manga but it's way better than other things like, I dunno, Fairy Tail.
Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom