• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
What if Sanji had his own manga?
Well, that would be Toriko. I really like it, the creatures, the food, the setting... It's still a pretty straight-forward action manga but it's way better than other things like, I dunno, Fairy Tail.
Good stuff.

Well that was an easy sell.

How good is Toriko? One of my friends is swearing by it and I'm certainly looking for something new to read so I can resist the urge to reread through One Piece . . . again. How about Magic? I tried the first couple chapters a while ago and it didn't click.

Magic the Labyrinth of Magic is pretty good, well the anime, lots of good characters and compelling plot it seems, Judar, Alibaba, Aladdin are really good for the genre, and really adventurous feeling. Feels Fullmetal Alchemist/Hunter x Hunter tier.

Toriko is really fun and has one of the largest and more expansive worlds in recent manga with tons of wonderful creatures, foods, and etc. Worth checking out.

Articalys

Here's the new Naruto volume cover:
wmGxF.jpg

Kusagari

Molster Man 14

One of the most cringe worthy chapters of anything ever. Holy shit man.

Gantz

Someone please put this manga out of its misery.

El Sloth

Banned
Molester Man: 14

OH GOOD CHRIST WHY

The cringe was too much for me to handle and I ended walking away from my computer twice. TWICE

Erigu

Initially I thought so too, but it really has 114 chapters which got collected into 37 volumes. There are volumes with one chapter in it, lol. It feels like a manga that is 400 chapters long.
Back then, it wasn't particularly uncommon (even in Weekly Jump, I mean) to merge several episodes under one title upon collecting them in a volume. So you could end up with double/triple/quadruple/etc-sized episodes every now and then.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Molester Man

Oh Molester Man. That was almost as awkward as Loli taking a shower at your house and ended with the same amount of sex.

Kreed

Molester Man 14:

There's no way this dude is getting his "happy ending" with Kansai by chapter 20 (especially with Kansai knowing what happened with Loli) without any fictional/comic book shenanigans (assuming this really is based off a true story/it's trying to stay truthful).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought this was supposed to end this year, yet there's still so much filler shit.

Hey yeah, you're right! I remember hearing him say that Gantz would end this year. But I look at the end of the chapter and it says "See you in January!" The fuck man?

But then he'll miss out on the SOLD MY WIFE jokes!

Good point, especially now that we know what he SOLD HIS WIFE to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Molester Man 14:

There's no way this dude is getting his "happy ending" with Kansai by chapter 20 (especially with Kansai knowing what happened with Loli) without any fictional/comic book shenanigans (assuming this really is based off a true story/it's trying to stay truthful).

It's not based on a true story. It's 2ch collaborative fiction. I mean, there's no proof of it either way, but c'mon.

In any case, I don't find it likely he ends up striking out with all three unless the series has a Bad Ending™, which I find unlikely given that the author chose to do a doujin of it at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Molester Man 14:

It's going to end FOREVER ALONE.

Hey yeah, you're right! I remember hearing him say that Gantz would end this year. But I look at the end of the chapter and it says "See you in January!" The fuck man?

Good point, especially now that we know what he SOLD HIS WIFE to.

I'm still trying to figure out how they, you know.

El Sloth

Banned
Nanatsu no Taizai or The Seven Deadly Sins: 2

Yep, I definitely like this series. Chapter could've used more Hork though.

Kreed

Molester Man 14:

It's not based on a true story. It's 2ch collaborative fiction. I mean, there's no proof of it either way, but c'mon.

In any case, I don't find it likely he ends up striking out with all three unless the series has a Bad Ending™, which I find unlikely given that the author chose to do a doujin of it at all.

Even if it is completely fictional, it's "trying" to be based off of a real story, so it can't have some BS manga romance ending (Kansai ending). I'm sure he will have a relationship or start one by chapter 20 (probably Loli).

Angry Grimace

That´s because you make a lot of shit comments about manga you never read.
Sometimes this is called for, but that is exceedingly rarely and not there to that guy.

Molester Man 14:

Even if it is completely fictional, it's "trying" to be based off of a real story, so it can't have some BS manga romance ending (Kansai ending). I'm sure he will have a relationship or start one by chapter 20 (probably Loli).

I hardly see how that's a "fantasy" ending even if I don't think it will happen. Besides, its already pretty fantastical that Kansai was actually not aware that Molester was into her.

Esch

Banned
Karate Shokoushi Kohinata Minoru 181

Kohinata crosstraining with some Muay Thai grandmaster incoming :x

Also for the first time in this series im relatively interested in Ninja Guy

Aunt Tits

So.....I guess that was a fantasy?

ZRMeE.gif

Edit: :lol First time I had read this series on my computer and not my tablet, it's hilarious to see some of the people who have commented on the chapter from their facebooks.

Kusagari

I'm sure it will have some kind of happy ending, even if he doesn't end up with any of the three. I doubt the Fap Note guy would be working on it otherwise when you consider how that ended. Doesn't seem his style to do something where the loser stays a loser in the end.

Here's the new Naruto volume cover:

That does not look right.

Popular 32.5

That hit pretty close to home. Painful memories. This manga goes through this weird back and forth where sometimes it seems like we're supposed to empathize with the main girl, and other times it seems like we're supposed to be laughing at her.

Kreed

Molester Man 14:

I hardly see how that's a "fantasy" ending even if I don't think it will happen. Besides, its already pretty fantastical that Kansai was actually not aware that Molester was into her.

It's too unbelievable for Kansai to fall for Molester Man after all the events/etc that have happened so far between the two of them (and so far the manga has done a much better job than most "trying" to be believable). Of course there's 6 chapters for something to happen between Molester Man and Kansai to make a Kansai ending "work", but I just don't see it happening without some Bakuman level BS happening. That's the fantasy part, making that ending work at this point of the story and still being "based on a true story".

jman2050

Popular 32.5

That hit pretty close to home. Painful memories. This manga goes through this weird back and forth where sometimes it seems like we're supposed to empathize with the main girl, and other times it seems like we're supposed to be laughing at her.

As I said in the anime thread, this manga makes me feel equal parts self-loathing and gleeful schadenfreude, sometimes both at once.

It's really weird. But fun.

Angry Grimace

Molester Man 14:

It's too unbelievable for Kansai to fall for Molester Man after all the events/etc that have happened so far between the two of them (and so far the manga has done a much better job than most "trying" to be believable). Of course there's 6 chapters for something to happen between Molester Man and Kansai to make a Kansai ending "work", but I just don't see it happening without some Bakuman level BS happening. That's the fantasy part, making that ending work at this point of the story and still being "based on a true story".

No it isn't. That happens all the time. Regardless of what Forever Alone/Dating GAF told you about women and "friendzoning," that isn't true at all.

I'm sure it will have some kind of happy ending, even if he doesn't end up with any of the three. I doubt the Fap Note guy would be working on it otherwise when you consider how that ended. Doesn't seem his style to do something where the loser stays a loser in the end.

From a narrative perspective I look at it like this - it wouldn't make any sense for Molester Man to actually end up alone because its not compelling for it end that way - Molester Man himself isn't intrinsically flawed. He's not an exaggerated anime loner - he's closer to being a realistically awkward late teen/early 20s guy. The reader wouldn't gain anything if he had a bad ending because he really doesn't' deserve one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom