• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will just make it even more popular.

Has there been any series in SJ that wasn't a battle shonen that did decent -> good ratings, genre shifted and lost ratings or has the panic switch to battle shonen always been positive for ratings/sales?

Ranking higher than one piece a few times, cant see how it could get anymore popular than that.

More popular then DB/DBZ world wide

Big One

Banned
No he didn't. They were talking about Sun-ken.
He was making a joke about how people make fun of Bleach for having a lack of backgrounds.

Besides, I'll take your opinion about what's necessary in the "field of comics" with a grain of salt given you read literally nothing but One Piece, Naruto and Bleach.
Umm what? Get the fuck out of here with this garbage. Since when was the only three things I've ever read One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach?

Kusagari

I don't see why Ass Class would genre shift.

It fits a nice comedy niche right now for Jump and is obviously ranking and selling great.

Assassination Classroom is following the same sense of progression as the guy's previous work, Neuro. Lots of comedy with something bigger going on behind the scenes and occasional fights.

A "full" genre shift won't happen, but I'm sure the battle aspects will get more involved and it won't be because of pressure from WSJ, but because Yuusei planned for that to happen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He was making a joke about how people make fun of Bleach for having a lack of backgrounds.

Umm what? Get the fuck out of here with this garbage. Since when was the only three things I've ever read One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach?
Apparently your entire posting history was an elaborate ruse, then.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What?

I've read probably nearly 100 manga and even more comics.

I'm more than qualified to give critique on anything related to Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece. Hell, anyone is. It's called opinions.

You know, I am interested in knowing what mangas you will consider putting in your Top 10 Best Manga. If possible, can you mention them?

Big One

Banned
You know, I am interested in knowing what mangas you will consider putting in your Top 10 Best Manga. If possible, can you mention them?
In no order:

1. Berserk
2. Old Boy
3. Pretty much anything by Urasawa (Master Keaton, Monster, 20th Century Boys, PLUTO, and even Billy Bat)
4. REAL
5. Bokurano
6. Vinland Saga
7. Hunter x Hunter
8. Eden: It's an Endless World
9. Kongou Banchou
10. Hentai Kamen
11. Wolf Guy

In no order:

1. Berserk
2. Old Boy
3. Pretty much anything by Urasawa (Master Keaton, Monster, 20th Century Boys, PLUTO, and even Billy Bat)
4. REAL
5. Bokurano
6. Vinland Saga
7. Hunter x Hunter
8. Eden: It's an Endless World
9. Kongou Banchou
10. Hentai Kamen
11. Wolf Guy

Wait is Hentai Kamen actually good? I got bored reading the first few chapters.

Chidori-san Ke ni Kagitte 4

Yuuma rises to the position of big brother as he meets the one who impregnanted his sister. Decent stuff but not really what I signed up for in following the manga, though it was nice family bonding for him and his sisters, and ultimately seemed to make him at least grow a bit more and share a special scene with Sou. Hopefully their relationship can finally start growing.

Romance no Hakoniwa 2
tumblr_mj49nncw9k1qbxqfpo1_1280.png
tumblr_mj49nncw9k1qbxqfpo2_1280.png
Similar to the first chapter which was based around a creative concept to be (miniature gardens, astronomy, embroidery), this chapter too seemed to highlight the writers imagination well. Specifically all of the scenes in the artists home, which was a blank canvas vibrantly coming to life taking in everyone and actually growing and evolving was really splendid.

flawfuls

Romance no Hakoniwa 2

Similar to the first chapter which was based around a creative concept to be (miniature gardens, astronomy, embroidery), this chapter too seemed to highlight the writers imagination well. Specifically all of the scenes in the artists home, which was a blank canvas vibrantly coming to life taking in everyone and actually growing and evolving was really splendid.

Lol this looks like the BL equivalent of Ran and the Gray World.

To love ru darkness 29

This chapter was ... was ... incredible i feel like the bar is higher each chapter .

" i'm sorry for being powerfull "

Genius answer

Bikkuri suru hodo Doji na Koi 2

I really like these best friends in love stories, this one was one of the more funny ones Ive encountered simply because Tom is just so clumsy and lovestruck still and then the way he has fantasies and dreams. Whole chapter was funny with Tom avoiding Nao and Nao trying to reach Tom, best friend being involved too made for one funny moment. Really good conclusion.

Sairuiu 2

Awkward scoring systems the girls employ, wearing a mahou shoujo on your shirt, -30 points, a geek, minus more points, etc and they looked pretty bad too. Anyway main attraction and focus on Toujou trying to run from his past but still have lasting memories of it with their coworker now Onaga. Toujou really looked great when he cleaned up and ditched the megane. I want at least one more chapter to really close it out.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Someone mentioned Bokurano? Damnit, now I kinda like Big One :(

Bokurano was awesome and totally heart-wrenching, but the continuous gut-wrenching stuff thrown over and over and over again kind of makes the latter scenarios lose their emotional impact for me, too bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What?

I've read probably nearly 100 manga and even more comics.

I'm more than qualified to give critique on anything related to Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece. Hell, anyone is. It's called opinions.

Yeah, I know, we've heard this story before. My Balls is about an evil fairy and Kurosawa is about masturbating.

Milamber

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! c19

Finally! I can't handle this manga being monthly at all. It'll be at least 3 years to catch up to volume 3 ("Light" novel version), the low page count is not helping either.

Angry Grimace

It is? How is it not, exactly?

Just like how Naruto isn't about ninjas and One Piece isn't about pirates, right?

Look dude, I know how your schtick is just never backing down off of anything, but you aren't going to get anywhere continuing to assert that Onani Master Kurosawa is about masturbating and My Balls is about a fairy. If you want to keep up the act, fine, I believe you've read everything and you just conveniently forgot the plot of everything other than One Piece, Naruto and Bleach.

Big One

Banned
Look dude, I know how your schtick is just never backing down off of anything, but you aren't going to get anywhere continuing to assert that Onani Master Kurosawa is about masturbating and My Balls is about a fairy. If you want to keep up the act, fine, I believe you've read everything and you just conveniently forgot the plot of everything other than One Piece, Naruto and Bleach.
Convince me they aren't. Remember, my experience with both series is random chapter readings on 4chan a couple of years back. Tell me why what I read wasn't exactly that. Is there more to it? Cause I'm convinced you're full of shit, and it's you who won't back off on this terrible subject.

No shit I have no idea what the entire plots of both of those manga are. I never claimed I did, nor have I claimed to read them in their entirety.

Angry Grimace

Convince me they aren't. Remember, my experience with both series is random chapter readings on 4chan a couple of years back. Tell me why what I read wasn't exactly that. Is there more to it? Cause I'm convinced you're full of shit, and it's you who won't back off on this terrible subject.

No shit I have no idea what the entire plots of both of those manga are. I never claimed I did, nor have I claimed to read them in their entirety.
Well for one, there are no fairies in My Balls and no person who ever read Onani Master thinks the series is "about masturbation." I mean, Onani Master is only 26 chapters long; I don't get how anyone can claim to have "read" it and not gotten to the point of remembering anything other than most basic of premises. You also claimed to have a neurotic obsession with finishing every series you started. Let's just leave it that you very conveniently post (and apparently remember) about nothing other than One Piece, Naruto and Bleach and have done so for several years now.

Foolworm

Bokurano was awesome and totally heart-wrenching, but the continuous gut-wrenching stuff thrown over and over and over again kind of makes the latter scenarios lose their emotional impact for me, too bad.

This. Saikano had the same effect on me as well, except the watercolours were so damned gorgeous. Takahashi learnt from it though, and Kimi no Kakera plays it a lot better.

Of Kitou's current serializations, I prefer Noririn.

I feel compelled to comment on Knights of Sidonia, as some find it incomprehensible. Having read Blame! and Biomega, this is crystal clear writing by comparison. I wonder how Tsumugi turns from a honking mecha-sized beauty into a cute tentacle... thing.

Atredeus

Neo Member

Honestly?... The heart wrenching just got worse as the series went on. Worse as in I felt more involved with the story. The last couple pilots felt the most human to me. Especially the kida protecting the tower his dad built.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Why do you (seemingly?) refuse to read Onani Master Kurosawa? Pretty much anyone and everyone who read it praised it for its general excellence.

Just read it, it's not that long. It's not too much trouble, isn't it? Especially considering you claim that you have read numerous other mangas and comics as well.

I totally ship BigOnexAG

<3

The thread is not the same without it, I must admit, hahaha.

Honestly?... The heart wrenching just got worse as the series went on. Worse as in I felt more involved with the story. The last couple pilots felt the most human to me. Especially the kida protecting the tower his dad built.

I don't know... the author threw that kind of scenarios over and over and over and over again in the end, although I guess to be fair the way he set up that scenario it's difficult to see how he could have handled it differently. In the end it kind of desensitizes me from what I read.

flawfuls

Ctrl+T

So someone finally got around to translating the rest of the stories in this. It was pretty Asano. Also Punpun looks like shit in colour.

The Voynich Hotel 27

Oh shit volume 2 is finally getting translated.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi 64

I only read this for you, MangaGAF. For you.

Worse than I''s. I think Raku might literally be the worst fucking character ever. Like Haruto level.

wonzo

Banned
Yotsuba 82

yotsuba82.png

It's been far too long since the last chapter so I'm glad this one was pretty long to more than make up for it.

Seven Deadly Sins 17

I certainly didn't see that coming, I wonder how "lively" this reunion's gonna be.

TWGOK 221

Whoa, I wanna see this devil mess shit up so bad but that'd pretty much guarantee everyone dying so. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom