• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ghost Sweeper Mikami

Looks like we're getting a couple of special chapters for whatever reason. So good.

City Hunter

Ryo is probably the most badass MC ever. Don't deny.

Rage Town

Something almost happened.

he was reffered to as the strongest creature by Law

Yeah that's what it was. I guess it's arguable, but I felt like it was worded that way to be a workaround for someone to be stronger than WB (since he was said to be the strongest man).

But that statement was made after the death of WB. So we can´t know for sure if Law means Kaidou is the strongest creature before or after his death.

Yeah that's what it was. I guess it's arguable, but I felt like it was worded that way to be a workaround for someone to be stronger than WB (since he was said to be the strongest man).

Yea if hes not human it could be seen as a work around but it also could be the result of WB dying.

Though they are possible doubts of the latter given the actions of some at the mere mention of his name (Dom was willing to quit, Shanks had to cut him off from going after WB, Law saying the alliance would place their chances at about 30%, etc)

Kurita

Captain Tsubasa vol.2

The match was really intense but in the end everybody is happy and smiling.
I don't know what the hell is going on with the chapters though, they are really long, like 40 if not more pages long. I wonder if they were like that in the Jump.

Hungry Joker 15

Really epic action moments, water/aqua cage --> cutter combining mist and gravity was fantastic. If only the translator was more competent...Any the big reveal, dont know where things will go next, though hope Kild is back on the scene.

Also did get more manga, and a half age Ace
tumblr_mj3mqm3whF1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Kreed

One Piece:

Wasn't he referred to as the strongest creature alive?

Right, he wasn't talking about past and present, he was talking about currently. Plus we don't really know why he's considered the strongest, considering Blackbeard has at least two of most powerful Devil Fruits. Law may have been referring to him as being "physically" the strongest for example.

Wiseblade

A Town Where You Wonder Why You're Still Reading 219

And you guys didn't believe me when I said this manga was self insert fantasy fic.

Kusagari

This was my interpretation of it. I'm doubting that Kaido is actually a human.

Moosichu

Yea if hes not human it could be seen as a work around but it also could be the result of WB dying.

Though they are possible doubts of the latter given the actions of some at the mere mention of his name (Dom was willing to quit, Shanks had to cut him off from going after WB, Law saying the alliance would place their chances at about 30%, etc)

Yeah, but when Whitebeard went to war he didn't want Kaido as a distraction, furhtermore Shanks stopped him without a single crew-member getting a scratch. Considering Kaido is being set-up to be the first Yonkou to be beaten by Luffy, he may be the weakest.

Steroyd

Yeah, but when Whitebeard went to war he didn't want Kaido as a distraction, furhtermore Shanks stopped him without a single crew-member getting a scratch. Considering Kaido is being set-up to be the first Yonkou to be beaten by Luffy, he may be the weakest.

Could be case Drake went to Kaidou first when he first stepped into the New World, Shanks fended him off then went to the war afterwards, and now Luffy and Law are aiming for him first.

upandaway

I'm not sure saying Shanks stopped Kaido in those circumstances without taking injury means anything against Kaido's strength.. it would really make no sense for Shanks or his crew to get injured with that. Plus Shanks is pretty diplomatic when he does stuff, who knows what how he went about that.

But that statement was made after the death of WB. So we can´t know for sure if Law means Kaidou is the strongest creature before or after his death.
Yeah like I said it's not clear cut. Arguably, and how I took it, to say WB is "the strongest man" and then to say Kaido is "the strongest creature", the similar wording is like specifically calling to a comparison between Kaido and WB. At the very least Kaido would be "at that level".

I never felt like the power levels in OP are that dry though, so you might as well just ignore the logistics of my sentence there, it was besides the point anyway

Shimpan of Destiny (one shot)

Thus far easily the best of the genderbender/crossdresser one shots Ive encountered. The final pages were so good and really delivered all for his sake of obsessing over and wanting to wear his panties.

Masakadou e Irasshai (one shot)
tumblr_mj3ua3GXZX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Singaporean student, Fon-kun, one day is helped by Masaka-san, birdstore shopkeeper after being splashed on by a truck from a puddle. Really sweet and touching and stuff how things developed and the random bird peter, who seems like he is getting jealous. Confessional scenes was so good.

Could be but all of those variables actually work can out in his favour especially due to how ambigious it is (we didn't see the true aftermath of the Shanks fight in regards to each crew and the fight may have stopped)

We'll see though.

Kusagari

I'm too lazy to bother reading KNIM right now but I'm guessing Haruto gets himself in another "hilarious" scenario where a girl who is not his girlfriend comes onto him.

Big One

Banned
I mean, no it isn't. He just likes it that way. A lot of the background work in manga aren't directly drawn by the mangaka themselves anyways.
This isn't quite true. Most of the time, assistants work is basically a refining of what's already there. Most background work is largely done by the manga-ka, even if it's somewhat rough.

Kubo doesn't even try. At least he could sketch the background so his assistants can draw it on a consistent basis, but he doesn't.

If Kubo likes it that way, that's his problem. Backgrounds are absolutely necessary in the medium of comics. Kubo doesn't do a lack of them for an artistic purpose or reason (if he did, it wouldn't be literally chapters of no backgrounds), he's just too lazy to do it.

I still don't get why you randomly changed the subject to complaining about Bleach for no apparent reason. They were clearly talking about something else entirely.
Because Freshmaker brought it up. Why would I randomly bring up Bleach unless it was being brought up in some form or another? Learn context here.

Daydream★Nightmare 6

Kusumi rivaling Usu for being the biggest pervert in the series is kind funny, best friend being obsessed over Ichi and even a demon versus the other dream eater. Oh well, still want Ichi with Baku, which was kind of touching to get the history that he helped raise Ichi for the first few years. Want his other friend Yuturo to get freed though.

Nekoka Danshi no Shitsukekata 3

Kuroe's turn to take the center of attention and althought not an actor he probably has the second best looks. Definitely prefer everyone in their non werecat forms of sorts, but still it always comes in handy when they are caught. I didnt know other people in the world knew about it, even the higher ups in JPN business but still. Oh well, would have wanted to see his fortune telling in action though the scene we did get for him made up for it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm too lazy to bother reading KNIM right now but I'm guessing Haruto gets himself in another "hilarious" scenario where a girl who is not his girlfriend comes onto him.

Pretty much. She's getting married but wants him to stick it to her so she can get over him or whatever. Also she's naked while asking him to bang her.

Rage Town is slowly turning into another manga all together...

One Piece

Just throwing my two cents in, but thought it was worth noting. I kind of took Kaidou as specifically the strong Beast/Creature, because it took the time to specify. Where as whitebeard was referred to specifically as the strongest man.

Yeah it's still ambiguous and Creature could encompass man, but seeing as he's "Kaidou of the Beasts" just figured creature and beast could be interchanged.

upandaway

Yotsuba&

*see title page 9 pages in*
gasp no way
*50 GAZILLION PAGES*

today.. is the most enjoyable day.

xiwyuIs.png

this was so fun, best chapter ever. it's so good, man.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This isn't quite true. Most of the time, assistants work is basically a refining of what's already there. Most background work is largely done by the manga-ka, even if it's somewhat rough.

Kubo doesn't even try. At least he could sketch the background so his assistants can draw it on a consistent basis, but he doesn't.

If Kubo likes it that way, that's his problem. Backgrounds are absolutely necessary in the medium of comics. Kubo doesn't do a lack of them for an artistic purpose or reason (if he did, it wouldn't be literally chapters of no backgrounds), he's just too lazy to do it.

Because Freshmaker brought it up. Why would I randomly bring up Bleach unless it was being brought up in some form or another? Learn context here.

No he didn't. They were talking about Sun-ken.

Besides, I'll take your opinion about what's necessary in the "field of comics" with a grain of salt given you read literally nothing but One Piece, Naruto and Bleach.

Edit: ...and seriously, what's the deal with the whole, "I KNOW WHAT KUBO IS THINKING" thing? Do you monitor what the dude is having for breakfast, too?

Bokura no Mitsudomoe Sensou 1
tumblr_mj4246DdGM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really good and fun though little in the way of plot in the first chapter. Oddly upon a second run through, I guess I ended up noticing that the person doing this really just focuses on the people, literally only three panels had anything in the way of a background. I wonder if the next chapters will. Anyway Daiki and Kuni are really great, Kuni evil indeed and didnt even care that they were in a storage room, people seemed scared when they walked by. How did he convince the girl to pretend to be the girl friend?

Lain

Sket Dance vol 11
yjm.jpeg

Started reading yesterday and I fell asleep after page 10.

Picked it up again today after some sleep and while I find it to be a bit too wordy at times (almost always, to be honest), I never get tired of seeing Bossun's silly faces.
The chapter (94) with Onihime turning her hand backward made my brain hurt, while the one that fucked with Bossun expression was funny more because of the situation than because of the jokes.
Now, chapter 99 had some pretty silly humour in it with the English lines. I'm kinda curious how they were in the scans and in the original, given how they were in my edition. For example, Momoka says Lash me to say Lasciami (let me go) and Bossun's reply is Dragon tea lash hero my to say Non ti lascerò mai (I'll never let you go).

Oh, chapter 97, with the two brother together, was sweet and kinda cute (Rumi's face when Sasuke brings out the sweets was lol worthy).

Assassination Classroom 1-8

This is pretty boring so far. The premise is interesting, I guess and koro-sensei can be sort of funny, but seeing how low level the students are, it could take a while until it gets up to speed. Meeeeeh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Assassination Classroom 1-8

This is pretty boring so far. The premise is interesting, I guess and koro-sensei can be sort of funny, but seeing how low level the students are, it could take a while until it gets up to speed. Meeeeeh.

Genre shift incoming, I'm sure.

Akito

Buyuden
After just beating the gold level boxing boss in Sports Champions 2, I was feeling almost as swaggy as Take, almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom