• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tower of God

Great fucking chapter. Koon has allied himself with Bam´s teammates. Yun is playing her hand quite well. I also really like Koon friend´s story and resolve. Very well done.

Oh no you didn´t. You will have the wrath of smut gaf upon you. It won´t be pretty.
I don't give fucks and I can not lie...

Come at me bros!

This as well I once tried that Minamoto (Aunt Tits) manga to see what the fuss was a about and it was unbelievable shitty I don't think I lasted more than 3 chapters, and people here clearly enjoy those shit so Naruto isn't all that offensive imo.

I won't lie that I find Food Smut entertaining as a refuge in audacity. Nisekoi is starting to reach KNIM levels of fucking terrible. The only reason to read it is for waifu wars discussion.

I tried reading some of the shit and it's mostly all terrible. Masturbation master was fun but that was it. Can't take much more of that though.

I don´t like smut either, but i would really like a slice of life manga, because most of the manga i read are battle manga, i want some more variety. But honestly after watching school days anime, it made me stay away. I want to read some good slice of life manga, but not as crazy as school days.

Kurita

I don´t like smut either, but i would really like a slice of life manga, because most of the manga i read are battle manga, i want some more variety. But honestly after watching school days anime, it made me stay away. I want to read some good slice of life manga, but not as crazy as school days.
Oyasumi Punpun
I guess REAL can be considered as a slice of life manga.

Not entirely sure how good or bad the manga is but I remembered enjoying the anime for Ouran High School Host Club, though that was some years ago I am not sure if I would be able to tolerate it now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meh, I call BS. I could still read the thread while I was in the basement and I saw plenty of angry Big One-Beam-third party arguments.

Yotsuba

Lain

59 out of the 75 volumes I ordered arrived today, but I only care to highlight these two for now:
Tnm.jpg

So now I too can start reading Superinteresting Darkness.

Kurita

59 out of the 75 volumes I ordered arrived today, but I only care to highlight these two for now:

So now I too can start reading Superinteresting Darkness.
You already have Deep Blue (or Blue Deep, whatever)? :( So jelly
I need to buy Green.

Lain

Jeebus, if I'm allowed to ask how often do you make those orders?

Usually once a month to order what released the month before and 2 or 3 new releases from the current month, though the number has grown too much in the past year (because of the new publishers that entered the market flooding it with releases).
I need to start cutting on shit like Rage Town.

Kurita

Usually once a month to order what released the month before and 2 or 3 new releases from the current month, though the number has grown too much in the past year (because of the new publishers that entered the market flooding it with releases).

What's the average price of a manga in Italy?

Akito

A small part of me is glad that we don't have that "problem" here, I'd be completely broke.
But yes, you should drop Rage Town. Everybody should do it.

Stage On

The characterization is usually pretty bad and tropey, there are 10 billion characters, most of whom are useless fodder that never have any screen time and even allegedly important characters like Rukia haven't had anything to do in hundreds of chapters. .

That's Bleach's biggest problem. It has WAY too many characters most of whom have done just about jack shit.

I mean look at Unohana. They hype her up to be some strong bad ass but she never ever fights.

When she finally does fight she's quickly killed off in the span of like two chapters. She never got to do anything that mattered and even though she used her Bankai we have absolutely no clue what it actually did.

Naruto isn't much better in this regard. They introduced a shit ton of characters many of which are barely more then just a pretty face to fill up screen time with out being actually relevant.

And when they do introduce important characters it creates plot holes. Where was Danzo when the Third hokage died? Why didn't he make a play to become Hokage then since he wants the spot so bad.

One Piece is the only one that seems to handle it's huge cast well for the most part. You have more characters then you can shake a stick at but somehow they manage to stay important. I especially like how many of the villains manage to stay relevant even after being beaten for the first time instead of being reduced to cannon fodder.

How many different manga do you buy, and do you have place for all of them?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's Bleach's biggest problem. It has WAY too many characters most of whom have done just about jack shit.

I mean look at Unohana. They hype her up to be some strong bad ass but she never ever fights.

When she finally does fight she's quickly killed off in the span of like two chapters. She never got to do anything that mattered and even though she used her Bankai we have absolutely no clue what it actually did.

Naruto isn't much better in this regard. They introduced a shit ton of characters many of which are barely more then just a pretty face to fill up screen time with out being actually relevant.

And when they do introduce important characters it creates plot holes. Where was Danzo when the Third hokage died? Why didn't he make a play to become Hokage then since he wants the spot so bad.

One Piece is the only one that seems to handle it's huge cast well for the most part. You have more characters then you can shake a stick at but somehow they manage to stay important. I especially like how many of the villains manage to stay relevant even after being beaten for the first time instead of being reduced to cannon fodder.

There isn't anything inherently wrong about characters no longer being useful, its just that I don't get why Naruto gets heavily bitched at for that alleged mis-step, but Bleach doesn't when it does practically the same thing all the time. I find it to be a much bigger problem that most of those random side characters aren't very good characters in the first place.

There isn't anything inherently wrong about characters no longer being useful, its just that I don't get why Naruto gets heavily bitched at for that alleged mis-step, but Bleach doesn't when it does practically the same thing all the time. I find it to be a much bigger problem that most of those random side characters aren't very good characters in the first place.

I'd like to think it's cause Bleach characters are so damn boring in terms of power diversity that after having seen them fight ones, nobody cares to see em fight again.

Utter and absolute bullshit. The whole winter war was about side characters. Even vice captains third and 5th division of squad 11 were prominent in the war. Unohana did not do anything? How about the fact that she discovered where Aizen is hiding int he SS arc and figured out that Tousen. and she did what Yamamoto asked her to do and that is to heal the fallen shinigami.

One piece does not handle that well at all. The war arc had like only few characters showed their powers instead of most of them. The White Beard pirates are a joke. The only ones who did anything were Marco, Orz, jr. Jozu and to some extant Vista the rest were shit. Same for the marines. Only the admirals, to a very little extent Garp, Smoker, That budha guy (chief of marines) were most prominent. The only group that were all prominent were the shichibukai.

Angry Grimace

Utter and absolute bullshit. The whole winter war was about side characters. Even vice captains third and 5th division of squad 11 were prominent in the war. Unohana did not do anything? How about the fact that she discovered where Aizen is hiding int he SS arc and figured out that Tousen. and she did what Yamamoto asked her to do and that is to heal the fallen shinigami.

One piece does not handle that well at all. The war arc had like only few characters showed their powers instead of most of them. The White Beard pirates are a joke. The only ones who did anything were Marco, Orz, jr. Jozu and to some extant Vista the rest were shit. Same for the marines. Only the admirals, to a very little extent Garp, Smoker, That budha guy (chief of marines) were most prominent. The only group that were all prominent were the shichibukai.

It's okay to not like things, but don't be a dick about it.

Utter and absolute bullshit. Your first mistake is describing Bleach as a mere "thing" while it is clearly more than just that. Factual inaccuracies like that automatically invalidate your point. Furthermore, when discussing any shonen series you're not supposed to argue with logic but with your heart.

Guess what using your heart entails? That's right, getting fired up. It is flat out immoral for you to judge shonen-lovers for getting fired up, cause you don't speak the same language. (the language of the heart)

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best

He's not wrong. People constantly bitched about the "fodder" fights in FKT war, now people are saying they don't get enough screen time?
Just another case of "This Unohana vs Kenpachi fight is shit, go back to Renji and Ichigo. WTF Kubo, why you going back to Renji and Ichigo and showing Isshin's past that we've all wanted to see? Go back to Kenpachi, bitch!", really.

Angry Grimace

Utter and absolute bullshit. Your first mistake is describing Bleach as a mere "thing" while it is clearly more than just that. Factual inaccuracies like that automatically invalidate your point. Furthermore, when discussing any shonen series you're not supposed to argue with logic but with your heart.

Guess what using your heart entails? That's right, getting fired up. It is flat out immoral for you to judge shonen-lovers for getting fired up, cause you don't speak the same language. (the language of the heart)

TQ0nxwy.jpg

He's not wrong. People constantly bitched about the "fodder" fights in FKT war, now people are saying they don't get enough screen time?
Just another case of "This Unohana vs Kenpachi fight is shit, go back to Renji and Ichigo. WTF Kubo, why you going back to Renji and Ichigo and showing Isshin's past that we've all wanted to see? Go back to Kenpachi, bitch!", really.

If every panel of Ichigo's heel and chin was a panel of something someone wanted to see, this issue would be solved.

<3

Angry Grimace

Its not screen time, its that those characters are bad. Ikkaku, Yumichika, Captain Dog, all of them. They're all bad characters with little more than a single character trait to describe them. The reason nobody complains about it is because nobody wants to see Ikkaku, Tit Lady, Captain Dog or Androgynous Guy fight anyone because there isn't any point to it other than showing fighting.

Btw, am I the only one who reads One Piece more as a gag manga with plot?

Its not screen time, its that those characters are bad. Ikkaku, Yumichika, Captain Dog, all of them. They're all bad characters with little more than a single character trait to describe them. The reason nobody complains about it is because nobody wants to see Ikkaku, Tit Lady, Captain Dog or Androgynous Guy fight anyone because there isn't any point to it other than showing fighting.

I like Ikkaku..

Exactly. I did not like the Kenpachi Unohana fight, but Kenpachi´s character got major development. I really like the Kira/Hisagi/Yamichika fight in Fake Karakura Town because it highlighted and showed power of character that we have not seen before. Well Kira´s zampakto was already known. Shunsui, Ukitake, Love, Rose, Shjinji, Lisa, Hiyori´s shikai were revealed. Soi Fong, Gin, Kensei´s (lol) bankai were revealed. We also got to know Shunsuin better like his philosophy on war. We get to know more about Bleach characters through fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom