• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should make a statistical analysis of how many Bleach chapters show any sort of background at all.

I'm actually genuinly curious how often Kubo manages to make a chapter that doesn't even hint at a BG.

p.s. do you guys think anyone on GAF would want a bird sprite for an avatar?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This thread is getting awesome!

All it took was a little bit of truth about One Piece (hint: That it sucks 75% of the time) and the ball is rolling.

Steroyd

Someone should do this for Fairy Tail!

Fairy Tail's background art.

Tod2bGz.jpg

KGGW3wA.jpg

789shadow

Banned
This thread is getting awesome!

All it took was a little bit of truth about One Piece (hint: That it sucks 75% of the time) and the ball is rolling.
The Bleach Squad is sort of like Republicans, in that everything they accuse others of is false, and they are the actual guilty party.

Hahahahaha. Yet he´s the one who´s raving and losing his shit like republicans. Also it´s a republican thing to talk shit about others. I guess the DTL burn is still putting some salt on that big wounded ethered guy.

Cwarrior

I'm tempted to make a petition to Oda to reduce the size of boobs in the manga.

This,I would like to do one as well so much, it's the only thing I don't like about post time skip.

Boobs are the worst thing to happen to one piece.

Rip one true pre Time skip Nami (the other one is an in imposter), I would rather have nami look like fake straw hat nami.

Stinky

Nope, it's out.

I found it, thank you.

Lolololololol. ETHERED. DTL<3

God with all the poison that´s coming out of him, this is especially hilarious. Thank you so much DTL.

Jesus, i can´t stop laughing.

You are far too excited about this..

I'm obviously biased but those are some awful examples. By the way, I dont mind that bleach doesnt take advantage of backgrounds often like some people criticize it for (its a character/action based manga). I do mind when they establish a setting like Hueco Mundo or the Soul King Palace and it looks like garbage

Royal_palace.jpg

Even Takamagahara had a better setting, and that bombed after 17 chapters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've never once found the backgrounds in Bleach distracting. Probably because its utterly immaterial.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Hahahahaha. Yet he´s the one who´s raving and losing his shit like republicans. Also it´s a republican thing to talk shit about others. I guess the DTL burn is still putting some salt on that big wounded ethered guy.

Now we're insulting republicans in here? I don't think anyone was even talking about republicans. You just like bringing in random shit to complain about, don't you?

Gantz

Almost nothing happened. I bet a thought-monologue will take up the entirety of the next chapter before the first strike. This is moving at a slower pace than Berserk, and that's saying something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Now we're insulting republicans in here? I don't think anyone was even talking about republicans. You just like bringing in random shit to complain about, don't you?

Uh, the guy he was talking to brought it up

Now that I think about it it is quite amazing Bleach is so popular considering the fact that for a battle shounen the fights are incredibly boring.

Angry Grimace

Bleach's story is pretty bad right now, actually. I read it every week and its forgettable enough I don't remember a lot of the plot details; at least in Naruto the overarching plot is connected to the rest of the plot to the level that I have some knowledge of the overall plot arc. The Ghost Nazi Squad is just a random series of evil villains.

Stinky

Tomorrow everyone should switch positions. Stat and Beam suddenly really love One Piece, praise for bleach coming from 789shadow and Wiseblade

Everyone is kinda eh on Naruto.

Personally I think the distaste for Naruto is unfounded it isn't all that worse that any of the other shit shounen I see people in here reading.

Angry Grimace

Their avatars often say more than enough.

I don't really get the fact that people who really like it REALLY like it to the point of forgiving all of the things it does that they complain about in One Piece and Naruto.

The characterization is usually pretty bad and tropey, there are 10 billion characters, most of whom are useless fodder that never have any screen time and even allegedly important characters like Rukia haven't had anything to do in hundreds of chapters. Moreover, this current arc is pretty much divorced from anything that happened prior other than the off-hand comment that Quincies and Shinigami don't like each other; that in and of itself doesn't create some logical connection between this arc and the entire rest of the series.

Personally I think the distaste for Naruto is unfounded it isn't all that worse that any of the other shit shounen I see people in here reading.

It's hardly great, but I don't really get why people hate it so much. At the very least, I somewhat like the characters, so its got Bleach beat that way.

Bleach's story is pretty bad right now, actually. I read it every week and its forgettable enough I don't remember a lot of the plot details; at least in Naruto the overarching plot is connected to the rest of the plot to the level that I have some knowledge of the overall plot arc. The Ghost Nazi Squad is just a random series of evil villains.

Come on now, you can't tell me the fact that they didn't fuck around and essentially sacking SS's shit didn't make you go "Holy shit".

Angry Grimace

Come on now, you can't tell me the fact that they didn't fuck around and essentially sacking SS's shit didn't make you go "Holy shit".

I'm rarely impressed by curb stomp battles because the only purpose of them is a huge gang-Worfing. Its not the quality of the fights themselves, its the characterization of the villains. If some random dude just shows up out of nowhere and beats the shit out of Hashirama, I wouldn't find it all that impressive, I'd just find it random. I think my problem isn't any of the surrounding stuff, or the Soul King stuff, etc., its the fact that as a reader I have no particular understanding of why these stupid Ghost Nazi's are there beyond they vaguely fit into the canon.

Tower of God

Great fucking chapter. Koon has allied himself with Bam´s teammates. Yun is playing her hand quite well. I also really like Koon friend´s story and resolve. Very well done.

Forget the shit shonen... the shitty smut people read here is crazy. And then they talk shit about Naruto.
Oh no you didn´t. You will have the wrath of smut gaf upon you. It won´t be pretty.

Forget the shit shonen... the shitty smut people read here is crazy. And then they talk shit about Naruto.

This as well I once tried that Minamoto (Aunt Tits) manga to see what the fuss was a about and it was unbelievable shitty I don't think I lasted more than 3 chapters, and people here clearly enjoy those shit so Naruto isn't all that offensive imo.

Angry Grimace

I won't lie that I find Food Smut entertaining as a refuge in audacity. Nisekoi is starting to reach KNIM levels of fucking terrible. The only reason to read it is for waifu wars discussion.

I'm rarely impressed by curb stomp battles because the only purpose of them is a huge gang-Worfing. Its not the quality of the fights themselves, its the characterization of the villains. If some random dude just shows up out of nowhere and beats the shit out of Hashirama, I wouldn't find it all that impressive, I'd just find it random. I think my problem isn't any of the surrounding stuff, or the Soul King stuff, etc., its the fact that as a reader I have no particular understanding of why these stupid Ghost Nazi's are there beyond they vaguely fit into the canon.

This actually fully articulates why I haven't liked a lot of the recent Bleach battles at all, actually.

I only like curbstomp battles when it's:

a] obvious the author's not pretending there's any other way it can end

b] the curbstomping is so amazingly delicious..

c] WITHOUT pretending that the hero is some sort of horrid underdog.

I've always liked both One Piece and especially Hunter x Hunter for messing around with expectations. Often the most unexpected curbstomps don't come from the author pretending someone's something they're not, they come from unexpected power matches.

I vaguely remember Naruto being pretty decent at this waaay back, it actually had moments where characters felt badass despite losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom