• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess we can't do the MangaGAF Awards for 2012 until we see how Molester Man finishes, eh?

Akito

We've had some sudden deaths and (most) the questions of characters answered. I can't really imagine what's to come next.

As much as I hate to say it that way, anyway. I'm not expecting Medaka Box into the 200s :/
Ajimu still needs to come back
._.

upandaway

I guess we can't do the MangaGAF Awards for 2012 until we see how Molester Man finishes, eh?
It'll make more sense to do it when 2012 is actually over

I still wonder how that will work anyway, leaving it to manga that started (well, translated) in 2012 wouldn't even leave a top 10.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I still wonder how that will work anyway, leaving it to manga that started (well, translated) in 2012 wouldn't even leave a top 10.

We already have a lot of votes for Waifu of the Year

Is this a set up for a joke?

Don't these awards come a bit premature?

sERWp.jpg

upandaway

Class it up for the western release, it's a Real Doll instead of just an onahole.

@Molester Man - I need to reread but was much actually said on why Loli even liked him? Compared to the Kansai chemistry and the back-and-forth flirting from the start, Loli's honestly mostly feels like, "Hey, you'd do. Fuck me."
You're not the first one to say this so I have to ask this now, am I the only one who saw Loli's advances coming from the first few chapters? Like when she tagged along Kansai and puked on his bed, there were some little things in her behavior that made me think she's thinking about it.

Medaka Box

We've had some sudden deaths and (most) the questions of characters answered. I can't really imagine what's to come next.

As much as I hate to say it that way, anyway. I'm not expecting Medaka Box into the 200s :/
Really man, how many times have we said it at this point. Medaka Box was in endgame at the end of the plus arc, at the end of the minus arc, at the end of the unequal arc, and now at the end of the kurokami arc. That's every saga in the manga so far.

I mean, there's a clear pattern here!

Kurita

Haikyu!!
One Punch-Man
Molester Man
Assassination Classroom
And...
Huh.

Molester Man feels the most real when its focusing on non-events that don't advance the story at all, like having to fill out a form to get back a 100-yen coin or Glasses sending him crab as an apology. I'm not going to say that it's a true story, but it does do a good job of seeming like a true story.

Well ...

21qs6nkoatL.jpg

I'm sure there's a more NSFW version out there.

Is that a pencil sharpener?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Just to help, here's the order of requests Neorice -

bigkrev - Lag from Tegami Bachi
BassForver - Bass.EXE from Mega Man NT Warrior
Kusagari - Ajimu Najimi from Medaka Box
RepairmanJack - Killua from HXH
Me - Musashi from Vagabond

Angry Grimace

Obviously the Loli issue has to do with some past issue we haven't determined yet like her last boyfriend broke up with her due to Kansai or whatever. It doesn't sound like its just straight "don't date the guy I like," because that kind of thing can usually be smoothed out.

You have separate awards for stuff that is long running, just started this year, short or completed manga, and of course, the all important waifu category.

Why does it have to start this year? Best TV lists include continuing series, why not do the same for manga? Just only take into consideration the chapters that were released this year.

scy

You're not the first one to say this so I have to ask this now, am I the only one who saw Loli's advances coming from the first few chapters? Like when she tagged along Kansai and puked on his bed, there were some little things in her behavior that made me think she's thinking about it.

Well, I mean, I'm not exactly thrown for a loop when she came out and said it. But there never really seemed much to their interactions. I think a part of that may just be the way Molester recounted events (since a lot of Loli stuff was probably glossed over).

So, yeah. I just don't quite get the why she likes him. I see the things leading up to her confession but I don't quite get how it came about.

Medaka Box

Really man, how many times have we said it at this point. Medaka Box was in endgame at the end of the plus arc, at the end of the minus arc, at the end of the unequal arc, and now at the end of the kurokami arc. That's every saga in the manga so far.

I mean, there's a clear pattern here!

Permanently end-game status!

Obviously the Loli issue has to do with some past issue we haven't determined yet like her last boyfriend broke up with her due to Kansai or whatever. It doesn't sound like its just straight "don't date the guy I like," because that kind of thing can usually be smoothed out.

Considering how Kansai was trying to play matchmaker at the start, I wonder if Loli asked her to do the same for her.

Angry Grimace

Well, I mean, I'm not exactly thrown for a loop when she came out and said it. But there never really seemed much to their interactions. I think a part of that may just be the way Molester recounted events (since a lot of Loli stuff was probably glossed over).

So, yeah. I just don't quite get the why she likes him. I see the things leading up to her confession but I don't quite get how it came about.

Permanently end-game status!

Considering how Kansai was trying to play matchmaker at the start, I wonder if Loli asked her to do the same for her.

The impression I got was that Loli is flighty as shit and doesn't really think about it all that hard.

Molester Man feels the most real when its focusing on non-events that don't advance the story at all, like having to fill out a form to get back a 100-yen coin or Glasses sending him crab as an apology. I'm not going to say that it's a true story, but it does do a good job of seeming like a true story.

Yeah the more a story focusses on progressing a narrative the less realistic it becomes, as
the mundane and the absurd have a greater presence in real life than they have in fiction.

A liveblog is probably the best medium for this story as both focus on certain events and the dialogue with the audience are self explainatory.

El Sloth

Banned
Piercing

That was a pretty cookie cutter summer romance oneshot, but it was by Takehiko Inoue so at least the art was pretty good (though not as good as his more recent manga).
Looks just like Musashi's love interest in Vagabond. Then again, it's been a while since I've read Vagabond.

upandaway

Baby Steps wins confession of the year at least. Come on now!
It's more like it made all other flashy confessions just seem silly and irrelevant. It's on another level.

Also it made me feel all fluffy and cozy inside.

I just seen the latest chapter of Kuroko no Basket and it's in full color. How often does that happen?
First time I saw it happen, though I do think there were a few chapters before that were printed in full monocolor (as in, BW pages that had black replaced with blue or red).

It's a new Shonen Jump manga in 2012. It's already cancelled.
You say that in the one year where new Jump manga had the most success ever since like, 2004?
It does seem like Soma isn't too popular though, yeah...

scy

It's more like it made all other flashy confessions just seem silly and irrelevant. It's on another level.

Horimiya has made me feel all fluffy and cozy inside. Though I'm expecting something dumb to happen to make me no longer feel all fluffy and cozy inside.

Still waiting for Last Game 15 to help with these fuzzy feelings!

I'd also like to see 'Best manga that hasn't seen a new translation in over 900 days' category.

;___;

lol

Reminds me, I want to see how Takkoku ends. That's been, what, ~500 days? :|

Is that a pencil sharpener?

It's a Fleshlight product, according to Amazon.

Kansai mentioned that she broke her promise to Loli, but even she couldn't remember what it was and Loli didn't care to explain either.

Piercing

That was a pretty cookie cutter summer romance oneshot, but it was by Takehiko Inoue so at least the art was pretty good (though not as good as his more recent manga).

I need to read this.

Wiseblade

First time I saw it happen, though I do think there were a few chapters before that were printed in full monocolor (as in, BW pages that had black replaced with blue or red).

You say that in the one year where new Jump manga had the most success ever since like, 2004?
It does seem like Soma isn't too popular though, yeah...

Out of the Jump manga started since 2010, Less than five managed to last a whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom