• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I'm inclined to believe that there is an embellished truth at the center of the story.

I'm willing to believe some core parts of the story: The guy getting mistaken for a molester and meeting a new group of people out of it and the entire romance angle of it. How everything plays out itself is another matter. But the basic premise I don't find too hard to believe.

If it wasn't a wide release it's possible that it would have slipped under their radar.

Possibly. Still, there's the chance! And if that's how they find out, that'd be rather awkward. And hilarious.

Unlikely. The girls don't even have PCs (which is weird, since they're students).

Yeah ... but if it does happen. Oops!

No, I mean, it's obvious and predictable! Duh!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You guys are reading the same story as I am right? There's no fucking way Molester Man is real. As far as I can tell its a group of smartasses trying to write a better version of Densha Otoko in which the protagonist is more of a real loser 2ch member instead of being a blatant Gary Stu white knight on a shining horse.

Well yea, but it's more fun to believe.

jman2050

The fact that we don't know whether Molester Man is true or not makes it all the more alluring. Schrodinger's Romance! Kumeta would be proud...

You guys are reading the same story as I am right? There's no fucking way Molester Man is real. As far as I can tell its a group of smartasses trying to write a better version of Densha Otoko in which the protagonist is more of a real loser 2ch member instead of being a blatant Gary Stu white knight on a shining horse.

It probably didn't happen exactly like it was reported in the 2ch thread, but there might be some truth to the story. After all, no one expects that stories like "Goodfellas" happened exactly like it was portrayed in the movie.

Also, this is GAF, we tend to believe here. Don't ruin it.

Kusagari

I feel that MM is basically a nugget of truth hidden around layers of bullshit.

There's no way some of the stuff happened like it portrays.

jman2050

It probably didn't happen exactly like it was reported in the 2ch thread, but there might be some truth to the story. After all, no one expects that stories like "Goodfellas" happened exactly like it was portrayed in the movie.

Also, this is GAF, we tend to believe here. Don't ruin it.

But the "believe" tagline was derived from a thread where an entire forum deceived themselves on a false premise instigated by Drinky by believing.

It's ironic, see!

Akito

Medaka Box
Uh ok, not what I expected.
Anyway, I will laugh my ass of if this "we need a style to battle Iihiko" business turns out to be a troll move by Nisio. Or Medaka could have developed one in the meantime.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What parts are people finding exceptionally unbelievable?

Cool, did you get my updated request?

Anime behavior, such as "answer my confession on Christmas," and/or Kansai's random agreement to have sex with Molester. Or Kansai saying, "I can never see you again." etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Except for Sachiko.

I believe all of that shit.

I wanted to say that the Onahole is "Japanese enough to be true", but you can find that on Amazon.com as well. It's kind of scary.

I really want to see the picture of the decorated Sachiko, though.

Anime behavior, such as "answer my confession on Christmas," and/or Kansai's random agreement to have sex with Molester. Or Kansai saying, "I can never see you again." etc. etc. ad nauseum.

The Japanese are very sentimental about Christmas and Molester is an Otaku, it doesn't strike me as unrealistic that he would try that. You'll note that they didn't actually last that long.

In an awkward love triangle situation it doesn't seem very odd that Kansai would want to cut off contact either.

scy

Honestly, if the story was just Kansai route (e.g., no Loli), it wouldn't be that farfetched. Guy gets mistaken for stalker, clears up misunderstanding, joins their group of friends, falls for girl. Nothing too insane from that setup, really.

The biggest standout to me, really, is just how cliche the triangle setup seems. It's not an impossible thing it's just ... feels really contrived compared to the rest of the story so far for some reason.

He posted pics of it though.

Right. Like I said. "There's no way some of the stuff happened like it's portrayed." Except for Sachiko. I believe all of Sachiko.

Including the scenes where she's real.

Medaka Box
Uh ok, not what I expected.
Anyway, I will laugh my ass of if this "we need a style to battle Iihiko" business turns out to be a troll move by Nisio. Or Medaka could have developed one in the meantime.

There'll be some non-straight fight with FRESH to settle things I bet.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Watching your livestream right now Neorice.
Any chance you can do me a Musashi from Vagabond after you've finished the others?
vagabond_swordfish-ii_89217.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmm? This is one of the more believable parts of the whole thing.

You find it believable she would just blow him off and not explain whatever the fuck it is that went down that causes Molester to have to never speak to her again?

scy

Oh yeah, on the subject of Medaka Box, I guess Yuzuriha's style didn't go infinite. She stopped at 640,000.

I'm kind of disappointed she didn't have millions of herself.

Yeah, some parts and reactions are believable. If Loli put her in the position of "either him or me" then it's plausible. Would it be a bitchy move? Absolutely, but not hard to believe.

BFFs! >>

You find it believable she would just blow him off and not explain whatever the fuck it is that went down that causes Molester to have to never speak to her again?

Yeah ... that's not entirely unthinkable.

Angry Grimace

Why would she talk about it if the result is already decided and talking is painful?

Because she's a human and explaining it isn't painful to normal people, particularly given the pomp and circumstance involved in this entire affair.

Angry Grimace

What was the term God's Beard used to use? "Culture poison?"

Molester Man 19:
Because she's a human and explaining it isn't painful to normal people.

But she didn't want to talk, right after she blew him off, even though she clearly had feelings for him. To me it seems that his timing just wasn't right and if he had waited a bit longer, she might've told him the whole story.

Kreed

Molester Man 19:

As I mentioned to Laughing Banana earlier, this definitely seems like one of the "beefed up" parts of the story. But not because this is unbelievable, but because it's coming right off of a bunch of "exciting" story developments in sequence.

Still I'm in the camp of "this story was probably true but the thread writer beefed up the story to make it more exciting for 2ch readers".

scy

Because she's a human and explaining it isn't painful to normal people.

If you think she was going through with it forever without saying a single word then, sure, maybe. But her initial reaction to just escape without explaining? Not entirely unbelievable. I doubt it was going to actually be a "forever and you won't know why" sort of thing, even without Molester doing anything.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure I've seen quite as many dumb situations from college anyway.

Just wait for my "Harasser Guy" thread on Reddit. I'll be sitting on a movie deal by the end of the year.

dresden pls

Dresden

Molester Man 19:

Still I'm in the camp of "this story was probably true but the thread writer beefed up the story to make it more exciting for 2ch readers".

I think it's more likely that Molester saw Glasses and Miss Understanding IRL together, and went from there, extrapolating alone in his room as he thrust away into Sachiko. The whole thing - the 'cute' otaku-nerd, the love triangle, the relationship dorama - feels off to me.

Even then amidst all the implausibilities, it's like, relatable. Good stuff. I wonder how it felt to follow this stuff on 2ch. I guess the equivalent here would be like asking for advice on /b/.

Akito

There'll be some non-straight fight with FRESH to settle things I bet.
I have to say the story seems dangerously endgame-ish. With the constant placement in the bottom 5 during the last months, I would not be surprised if Nisio was asked to bring it to an end prematurely. Let's hope that's just me being paranoid.

Problem with Reddit is that there are some real creeps on there. They'd see through your story in an instant. You can't fool them, Dresden.

Unlike /vip/, which is a pure board for pure hearted maidens.

Just make the girls act more like "bitches" and Reddit will lap it up like Diet Double Mountain Dew.

scy

Class it up for the western release, it's a Real Doll instead of just an onahole.

@Molester Man - I need to reread but was much actually said on why Loli even liked him? Compared to the Kansai chemistry and the back-and-forth flirting from the start, Loli's honestly mostly feels like, "Hey, you'd do. Fuck me."

I have to say the story seems dangerously endgame-ish. With the constant placement in the bottom 5 during the last months, I would not be surprised if Nisio was asked to bring it to an end prematurely. Let's hope that's just me being paranoid.

We've had some sudden deaths and (most) the questions of characters answered. I can't really imagine what's to come next.

As much as I hate to say it that way, anyway. I'm not expecting Medaka Box into the 200s :/

El Sloth

Banned
Western Sachiko is bland and boring. It's just not the same...
Shortstack
Texas
Jessica Alba
Is Texas a good natured country girl trying to make her way in the big city? Is shortstack a hipster? Will Jessica Alba play herself in the movie adaption???

So many questions.
Just make the girls act more like "bitches" and Reddit will lap it up like Diet Double Mountain Dew.
And liberal use of "friend zoned".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom