• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

What's this about Cage of Eden ending soon? 3 more chapters, apparently.
Oh, and by the way, time travel.

flawfuls

I'd also like to see 'Best manga that hasn't seen a new translation in over 900 days' category.

;___;

1) Kiichi
2) Grooming Up
3) Bambi and Her Pink Gun
4) Flower Cookies
5) Halcyon Lunch
6) Osen
7) Sleeping Planet
8) Baba Yaga
9) Innocents Boys' Crusade
10) Nico Nico Diary

So much pain.

Azure J

Medaka Box 117

Daaaaaamn. Freshly stomp'd. Also Nienami needed to be a recurring/main character from way earlier in this series. :lol

Smutterfly Effect 6

So with each aversion away from his descent into a playboy, the main character gets a better look at what happened when he died? Interesting. At the same time, I'm kinda pining for the speed to pickup. Maybe it's because of the scanlation speed but it feels like we should be much further than we are in this mystery.

Witch Craft Works 17

Suddenly, actual plot development. A city wide bomb though? That's kinda nuts. This new with, Weekend, isn't playing around whatsoever.

scy

What's this about Cage of Eden ending soon? 3 more chapters, apparently.
Oh, and by the way, time travel.

Probably.

I need to reread bits, though. There's like a 30 chapter span that I honestly don't remember. Maybe I skipped it and forgot. I really hope it answers what needs to be answered in just three chapters though.

scy

Daaaaaamn. Freshly stomp'd. Also Nienami needed to be a recurring/main character from way earlier in this series. :lol

"Thanks for bringing them here!"

I laughed. She's so good :x

Smutterfly Effect 6

So with each aversion away from his descent into a playboy, the main character gets a better look at what happened when he died? Interesting. At the same time, I'm kinda pining for the speed to pickup. Maybe it's because of the scanlation speed but it feels like we should be much further than we are in this mystery.

I'm really hoping it twists at the end and reveals that ... his death is completely unrelated to what he thinks.

upandaway

Out of the Jump manga started since 2010, Less than five managed to last a whole year.
Wise-man, if we're talking about 2012, then of course the series won't be included in your assessment!

Nisekoi is the only one I'd consider a hit outside of the 2012 batch in that timeframe. There's Kurogane but I don't even know what's going on with that stuff

scy

Wise-man, if we're talking about 2012, then of course the series won't be included in your assessment!

Nisekoi is the only one I'd consider a hit outside of the 2012 batch in that timeframe. There's Kurogane but I don't even know what's going on with that stuff

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kurogane ...

Why do I feel like she's going to be the key to beating the Fresh Maker?

:lol

She probably will. She has the same style that was going to be used against him in the first place. Then again, need to unenrage the guy first I guess.

survivor

Banned
It'll make more sense to do it when 2012 is actually over

I still wonder how that will work anyway, leaving it to manga that started (well, translated) in 2012 wouldn't even leave a top 10.

Just do what curlyfriski said. If an English translated chapter was released for the manga in 2012 then it counts.

Solune

Neoriceisgood, If it's still possible I'd like to request one of the following for pixelart avatars.

Leone - Akame Ga Kill
Onizuka - GTO

Just to help, here's the order of requests Neorice -

bigkrev - Lag from Tegami Bachi
BassForver - Bass.EXE from Mega Man NT Warrior
Kusagari - Ajimu Najimi from Medaka Box
RepairmanJack - Killua from HXH
Me - Musashi from Vagabond

OKayyy! got this list done and over with!

killua_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8m6.png
lag_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mb.png
aijuma_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mg.png
musashi_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8md.png
god_keima_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8ml.png
bassexe_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pl8mj.png

Is XXXholic any good. I´m thinking about watching the anime.

Bleach

Random [crazy] speculation: So after thinking about this past chapter a little more I wondered if anyone else in the series to this point has maybe been a zanpakuto and we just never knew because Ichigo wouldn't know the difference. I wondered if it could explain Zaracki's vice captain. It would keep with the fact that Kenpachi doesn't know his zan's name, he named the girl after the first person he respected(Unahana), she's always around Kenpachi and we have never seen her fight(to my recollection). Is there anything else I'm missing or could this fit?

Seems like an odd thing to throw in without there being some case of it prior to this point, especcially with the 0 squad guy making note of it being odd that they couldn't tell. Anyone else that could possibly be a zanpakuto if not Kenpachi's vice captain?

Yachiru is not Zaraki´s zampakto, or else every captain and most VC would have noticed that. When Zaraki found Yachiru he already had his zampakto.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Haha, brilliant Neorice.
I actually watched your live stream, but only managed to get half way through Musashi. He came out great. Love the tones.
Much appreciated!

is that TWGOK one taken? don't see it on that list

Yeah Ignus Spoilerus requested that one.

Haha, brilliant Neorice.
I actually watched your live stream, but only managed to get half way through Musashi. He came out great. Love the tones.
Much appreciated!

hahah I just noticed his legs are off-balance tho, so I should probably fix up his sprite some more..

Neoriceisgood, how long do those take to make? You've been pumping them out nonstop, and it's damn impressive.

It varies a lot to be honest.

Neorice dono skipped the one I suggested.

ST&RS 30

I wonder if the long term plan for the series would have had the chosen ones teaming up with the extra terrestrials to save the galaxy. With the extra terrestrial here, who is of good design, I think that would have led to an interesting plot.

scy

Kurogane, up to 46 - Sports manga and fights with childhood friends are always so good. I'm not sure how much I'm liking Hiroto getting a win this way, though:
Running out of stamina and not stepping into the counter; didn't outsmart or anything of his opponent, just physically couldn't continue and, thus, avoided getting played.

Neoriceisgood, If it's still possible I'd like to request one of the following for pixelart avatars.

Leone - Akame Ga Kill

It'll be all the worse when she dies
if she isn't dead already!

Leone - Akame Ga Kill
Onizuka - GTO

Only gonna do one avatar per person I think, otherwise it's a bit too much hahahah.

On break right now though, I feel light-headed from doing so much art in a row lol.

/edit

Also thank you for the compliments, not gonna quote everyone who did tho.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Yachiru is not Zaraki´s zampakto, or else every captain and most VC would have noticed that. When Zaraki found Yachiru he already had his zampakto.

Plus didn't Yachiru have a hard life in the Kusajishi district before Kenpachi found her? If she's his Zan spirit, how could she have witnessed that when Kenpachi was living in the Zaraki district...

scy

She's
dead and Kurome is controlling her body?!

Honestly what I'm expecting. I don't think
how Yatsufusa works has been fully explained (e.g., does she actually need to kill them with it?) so maybe the one injury she inflicted is enough for her to control her when she does die

Dresden

Honestly what I'm expecting. I don't think
how Yatsufusa works has been fully explained (e.g., does she actually need to kill them with it?) so maybe the one injury she inflicted is enough for her to control her when she does die

Would be better setup than the
Kurome pill asspull at least. Chelsea wuz robbed.

Solune

I couldn't find the movie trailer, but I did find this. Someone liked the comic enough to make a ghetto radio drama thing.

Here's the movie poster:
Here's the trailer for the movie, credit goes to Articalys for finding it originally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxhLTFaMaKA
It'll be all the worse when she dies
if she isn't dead already!
STOP ST{P STP ;_; My Xmas already hurts!
Only gonna do one avatar per person I think, otherwise it's a bit too much hahahah.

On break right now though, I feel light-headed from doing so much art in a row lol.

/edit

Oh sorry I didn't mean to pressure you, I just wanted to request the one that you find more interest in doing. Thanks again for taking the consideration in doing it.

scy

Would be better setup than the
Kurome pill asspull at least. Chelsea wuz robbed.

Basically,
I'm expecting SOMEONE from Night Raid to be revived by Yatsufusa and Leone makes the most sense since she's already been injured by Kurome. Plus, if Akame is forced to kill a member of Night Raid, Leone is the closest to a friend to her in it. It's the most tragic!

I just realized that if I'm right, I'll be spending a lot of time being sad. OTL WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF.

STOP ST{P STP ;_; My Xmas already hurts!

We'll suffer together! T.T

Esch

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 5

neogaf-lol.png

Karate Minoru 182

I just want this tournament to happen already. Lol at the little Thai kid telling him its impossible for japanese people to be good in a clinch
pachah1.png

/edit

Can you make this into a pixel avatar:

Alpha_honouguma.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom