• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

What's funny is how Onepunch Man and Molester Man united the thread.

I guess it show that there's a market for original manga outside of the typical shonen stuff which we have to admit is redundant.

The manga that united ManGAF.

Wonder what'll be the next one.

Well now I hate you, so I suggest you go ahead and read Q&A.

33 chapters of Q&A aren't bad.

Is it good? I saw it today at the library but did not bother opening it.

It's definitely the weakest of his works. The biggest problem it has is a very, very, very underwhelming ending which kind of sours the experience.

Bleach

Random [crazy] speculation: So after thinking about this past chapter a little more I wondered if anyone else in the series to this point has maybe been a zanpakuto and we just never knew because Ichigo wouldn't know the difference. I wondered if it could explain Zaracki's vice captain. It would keep with the fact that Kenpachi doesn't know his zan's name, he named the girl after the first person he respected(Unahana), she's always around Kenpachi and we have never seen her fight(to my recollection). Is there anything else I'm missing or could this fit?

Seems like an odd thing to throw in without there being some case of it prior to this point, especcially with the 0 squad guy making note of it being odd that they couldn't tell. Anyone else that could possibly be a zanpakuto if not Kenpachi's vice captain?

El Sloth

Banned
I propose the next thread name have some sort of tribute to this historic occasion where we've all been united under one manga.

|OT8| The warring states united under the Yoko shogunate

Molester Man: 18

So. Fucking. Good.

I kept waiting for the day dream gotcha panel. IT NEVER CAME

Molester Man: 19

Sachiko photoshoot has been the funniest thing I've seen all year. No question.

Waiter end for sure.

I had more to post, but you guys have already said it all.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Holy shit Neorice, these pixel avatars are really good. Are you doing them for a project, or just for fun?

Anyway -

Bleach - B-
Kinda slow chapter, but I really dig Nimaiya and his goofiness. I'm guessing Kubo's going slow and steady to showcase the RG's personalities, as I doubt Nimaiya will have time to take pictures on his spirit HTC in the middle of war. Anyway, I think it's obvious Mera is his own Zan spirit, but I wonder what powers she has. I'm assuming Kirinji will be lightning based, but I'm blanking on what the other's could be.
The wait is gonna kill for the next chapter....

One Piece - A
Great chapter, even with Law's obvious switch plan. Doflamingo is one of those villains I love to hate, but, for some reason, his farewell to Vergo got to me. Seemed like they were really good buds. Last panel was beast, but I don't know where Oda's taking this. It seems too early for Doflamingo to down, but if the Strawhats have already left the island, that'd seem pretty anti-climatic. Then again, with new meat in the Shichibukai, plus the Supernovas, Admirals, and basically other potential villains, Oda may want to deal with them swiftly, and Doflamingo has been around for a loooooong time.
Well, he'll either get defeated (doubtful) and we'll finally see his backstory, or he'll continue to dedicate to the plot, so I'm fine either way.

El Sloth

Banned
Neoriceisgood, are sloths animu enough?

NYtRi.png

Quite a ways away, things could change by then.
The fighting will start again; it's inevitable. Doesn't mean we can't celebrate this momentous occasion anyways.

Holy shit Neorice, these pixel avatars are really good. Are you doing them for a project, or just for fun?

Probably gonna post em around my art galleries n'stuff, Fanart always does well popularity-wise. But it's fun to ask manga-gaf what they'd like, leads to unexpected picks. (and to a fun new avatar fad lol)

Not sure if you can call that a project though, lol.

Probably gonna post em around my art galleries n'stuff, Fanart always does well popularity-wise. But it's fun to ask manga-gaf what they'd like, leads to unexpected picks. (and to a fun new avatar fad lol)

You might of missed it, but would you mind doing a Gon or Killua?

I don't want to bug, if you're tired of taking requests it's cool. :lol

scy

The fighting will start again; it's inevitable. Doesn't mean we can't celebrate this momentous occasion anyways.

Molester Man marks the ceasefire for ManGAF. We'll come together and enjoy the end of year holidays through him and Kansai routeSachiko route.

Then January comes and the end of Jump breaks so we'll return to normal. But we'll always remember.

I propose the next thread name have some sort of tribute to this historic occasion where we've all been united under one manga.

|OT8| The warring states united under the Yoko shogunate

That would be awesome, but there'll be another war. Either that, or someone finds another manga like Molester Man, that gets everyone together. Except this time it's yaoi.

OnePunch-Man:

I was cautious of the series at first too, but One has been very good with his comedic timing/keeping the comedy fresh.

I know, and I laughed really hard when I read the 20 chapters yesterday, but I don't know how many chapters there are going to be. If it's going to be like your standard shonen, with a week wait between the chapters and still 200 chapters to go, then I can see how this is going to be hard. The fact that it's easy to read, like Bleach, doesn't help.

El Sloth

Banned
That would be awesome, but there'll be another war. Either that, or someone finds another manga like Molester Man, that gets everyone together. Except this time it's yaoi.
Of course. Now it all makes sense. All this time Dedication Through Light has been trying to unify us, to heal our wounds through the pure power of Boy Love™. DTL for true messiah?

Kurita

Haikyu!! 32
The whole "Attack Attack Attack" strategy reminds me of Deimon in Eyeshield 21...
And Tanaka delivers again :
IAeV2.png

Akito

I cannot wait to watch the MM live action movie after the manga is finished, the acting looks quality as your average dorama/live action flick, so really really bad.

Froli

Amazing mastery of pixel art Neoriceisgood. Most likely you also went to pixeljoint and Way of pixelation dojo lol.

Can't wait for Molester man next update -_-

Kreed

Onepunch-Man:

I know, and I laughed really hard when I read the 20 chapters yesterday, but I don't know how many chapters there are going to be. If it's going to be like your standard shonen, with a week wait between the chapters and still 200 chapters to go, then I can see how this is going to be hard. The fact that it's easy to read, like Bleach, doesn't help.

If Murata stays consistent with the original Onepunch-Man comic made by One, then it will only be around 87 chapters (maybe a little more with the extras/etc...).

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best

Ah cool. You couldn't pm a link to one of your galleries could you? It's just pixel art is one of my favourite styles, and your pieces are really nice, especially the colour palettes.

I cannot wait to watch the MM live action movie after the manga is finished, the acting looks quality as your average dorama/live action flick, so really really bad.

Is there a trailer?

Of course. Now it all makes sense. All this time Dedication Through Light has been trying to unify us, to heal our wounds through the pure power of Boy Love™. DTL for true messiah?

He wanted to show us the light. It's even in his name.

How could we've been so ignorant?!

El Sloth

Banned
Is there a trailer?
Wait, there's a Molester Man movie?

Ohboyohboyohboy.
I couldn't find the movie trailer, but I did find this. Someone liked the comic enough to make a ghetto radio drama thing.

Here's the movie poster:
p9byd.jpg

He wanted to show us the light. It's even in his name.

How could we've been so ignorant?!
Our prejudices have blinded us!
We fear the things we can't understand.

2) Also wondering what Mitsuru Adachi is up too these days. Anything worth reading? I am a big fan of his, and I loved Katsu, but not a big fan of Cross Game, which is one of his weaker mangas imo.
You got those two reversed.

33 chapters of Q&A aren't bad.

It's definitely the weakest of his works. The biggest problem it has is a very, very, very underwhelming ending which kind of sours the experience.

Itsumo Misora is definitely worse.

upandaway

All the avatar action motivated me to finally get off my butt and remove the white mark between the wing and the tail. Now I feel all fancy and advanced! haha

upandaway v2.0!

Haikyuu

I'm still in awe how these guys are the most hyped up rivals ever considering none of the people playing have ever played against each other. The way these things work man, I don't even know.

Also, Tanaka faces.

Medaka Box 177

Not sure if I ever said this before, so it may be a surprise to some of you, but I really like this manga. This chapter was pretty amazing (in line with a lot of chapters this week, really).

scy

Did you just spoiler the ending or is that what the poster says?

Er? I'm just assuming that the fact there's a movie about it means the girls know at some point. Whether it's during the events or well after the fact.

I mean ... there's a movie about them and all.

Er? I'm just assuming that the fact there's a movie about it means the girls know at some point. Whether it's during the events or well after the fact.

I mean ... there's a movie about them and all.

Oh ... that does make sense. I thought you meant during the story, not afterwards.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If the story is real, the existence of a movie heightens their chance to eventually find out about the whole thread.

Edit: beaten, like MM when they watched the movie

He can just say it's a coincidence. Yea that isn't going to work is it? Dude is fucked and not in the way he likes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys are reading the same story as I am right? There's no fucking way Molester Man is real. As far as I can tell its a group of smartasses trying to write a better version of Densha Otoko in which the protagonist is more of a real loser 2ch member instead of being a blatant Gary Stu white knight on a shining horse.

scy

Now, if that actually happens in the manga and it's the way things wrap up ... then fuck me goddamnit :(

You guys are reading the same story as I am right? There's no fucking way Molester Man is real. As far as I can tell its a group of smartasses trying to write a better version of Densha Otoko in which the protagonist is more of a real loser 2ch member instead of being a blatant gary stu white knight on a horse.

It's probably not real, sure. But the idea of it being real makes it a bit more endearing, even if everything is rather unbelievable in the grand scheme of things.

I mean, that's kind of the point of "BASED ON A TRUE STORY!" gimmick for things. Even if they're almost always lying :x

If the story is real, the existence of a movie heightens their chance to eventually find out about the whole thread.

Edit: beaten, like MM when they watched the movie

If it wasn't a wide release it's possible that it would have slipped under their radar.

You guys are reading the same story as I am right? There's no fucking way Molester Man is real.
I'm inclined to believe that there is an embellished truth at the center of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom